Windows 10: Other users not able to log in

Discus and support Other users not able to log in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently reset Windows 10 on this PC, removing all files. I believe that is not relevant to this problem. Come to think of it I did a clean install... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by blmiller99, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Other users not able to log in

I recently reset Windows 10 on this PC, removing all files. I believe that is not relevant to this problem. Come to think of it I did a clean install using a USB drive. Currently: Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, 19042.685

I am able to log in to my Microsoft User account, set to admin rights on this machine. Microsoft populated my other family members on the Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users screen. These users show up on lock screen and the switch users (Start Menu), but they have not yet been logged in. There is no folder set up in C:\Users and nothing yet in the Registry.

When I select one of these users (email address), the only option is "sign in". Selecting this results in "Just a moment..." turning the dots in a circle for 30-60 seconds. Then a "Microsoft account" window appears with "Something went wrong" "Try again, or select Cancel to set up your device later." Pressing Cancel, as expected, does nothing. Pressing Retry receives the message "You'll need the Internet for this. It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet. Check your connection and try again."

The internet connection is fine. It works correctly and logs in for my account, just not any of the others. It shows connected on the lock screen immediately before selecting one of the other users.

Thanks for your assistance.

Brad

:)

blmiller99, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please let us know:

• Are you trying to login to the computer using the account or trying to sign in to Outlook.com using a web browser?
    • When you say “I made a new user account and they are not able to log in”, what happens when you try to login to the new user account?
    • How did you create a new user account?
    • Do you receive any error message/code?

If possible, please share the screenshot of the error in order to get a clear picture of the issue that you are facing. Please refer
    how to include a screenshot in your post
    to upload the screenshot.

Note: Make sure you don’t capture any personal information while taking the screenshot.

Please reply with more information on the issue to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Other users not able to log in

Windows 10 User Log-In Issue

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would suggest you to delete all the user account apart from the one which you are able to log in with Admin rights. Install all pending Windows and driver updates.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience. Follow the steps below to create new user account and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Key + R".
    • Type “netplwiz”.
    • Click on Add and follow the onscreen instructions.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Other users not able to log in

1. Other users not able to log in - Similar Threads - users able log

2. Other User - not able to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User - not able to delete: Someone else used their microsoft logon on my laptop. Their name now constantly appear on my log on screen. I then went into explorer windows>users>and deleted their files and attempted to go into settings>users to delete but they are not listed there. How can I get their...
  3. Other User - not able to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other User - not able to delete: Someone else used their microsoft logon on my laptop. Their name now constantly appear on my log on screen. I then went into explorer windows>users>and deleted their files and attempted to go into settings>users to delete but they are not listed there. How can I get their...
  4. Other User - not able to delete

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Other User Log In Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User Log In Screen: Hello, I edited the registry Windows 10 Home OS in order to remove the previous owner's name from the log in screen. The registry edit worked but I regret doing it. The laptop has a Celeron chip and literally took hours for the computer to complete the task. Even worse, now...
  6. Other User Log In Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other User Log In Screen: Hello, I edited the registry Windows 10 Home OS in order to remove the previous owner's name from the log in screen. The registry edit worked. But big mistake. It has a Celeron chip and literally took hours for the computer to just get back to a log in screen. Even worse, now...
  7. other users logged in, when there are no other users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    other users logged in, when there are no other users: Computer is being very slow. So i was removing an unused program via the control panel and it told me that there were other users logged in. This is a personal device and there are no other users. I checked the C:/Users folder and there are several there: Allison...
  8. log in with new user, not able to log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log in with new user, not able to log in: I made a new user account and they are not able to log in. the outlook account is valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-with-new-user-not-able-to-log-in/5f311638-1c9b-47b4-a35b-844dd09f3dda"
  9. Logging in as Other User in domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in as Other User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  10. Other User log in problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other User log in problem: I decided to reset my computer and put it back to windows 8, everything went well except for the fact that this "other user" log in page popped up. I tried everything but it kept saying wrong password or wrong username. If anyone has any solution it would be very helpful....