Windows 10: "Other Users" not localized

Discus and support "Other Users" not localized in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, please help me get out of my baffled state. My hard drive is "full", or so the system says, and can't accommodate new downloads.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by robertalamodin, Apr 7, 2021.

1. "Other Users" not localized

Hello, please help me get out of my baffled state.

My hard drive is "full", or so the system says, and can't accommodate new downloads.

Settings-Systems-Storage suggests that about half the drive is taken up by "Other Users". But when I go to investigate who they are, I find - no one else.

Can you please explain this inconsistency? I am in desperate need to clean up my hard drive and the biggest category culprit appears non-specific. Very strange. Thank you

:)

robertalamodin, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Add New Local User Fails with "Something went wrong" message

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Did you use the same Microsoft account to setup user account on this computer?
    I would suggest you to create a new local user account using the below steps

Steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R

• And type netplwiz and click ok.
    This will open user account window click add and follow the onscreen instruction to create a new local account.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Mystery local user present with no account

Good afternoon Andre,

Thank you for your feedback, most appreciated. I tried both of your suggestions and the 1st5 user was not listed in either, just my original local user name was listed. I also tried to cut the 1st5 user folder from the C;/users listing and paste it to a
    thumb drive so I didn't loose it but I got this error code, 0x80070057, that prevents me from moving it saying the "parameter is incorrect". Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

R/Confused

Also when I got the error I mentioned above there was a Folder with a person's picture and MY local user name, not the 1st5 user name.

J.W. Sargent, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

"Other Users" not localized

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Kari, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

"Other Users" not localized

1. "Other Users" not localized - Similar Threads - Users localized

2. my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...: My product is a dell laptop service code is CYF9693 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-asking-for-a-an-email-address-and/f9d56cfc-85c4-463f-8fe9-bff459ba9a1d
  3. my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...: My product is a dell laptop service code is CYF9693 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-asking-for-a-an-email-address-and/f9d56cfc-85c4-463f-8fe9-bff459ba9a1d
  4. my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account: When i turn my computer off and back it shows 3 different windows user accounts, one of which shows the actual email i used to create the account, the other just displays my first and last name, and the third being the only one i can get into is the local account. when i...
  6. how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account

how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account: When i turn my computer off and back it shows 3 different windows user accounts, one of which shows the actual email i used to create the account, the other just displays my first and last name, and the third being the only one i can get into is the local account. when i...
  7. I am having an issue with identifying if my user account in settings is a local or a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having an issue with identifying if my user account in settings is a local or a...: In settings it does not give me the option to sign in with a local or microsoft account. But, I have a slight memory of switching to a local account and now that i try to check it doesnt say anything at all. Please help me out.Thanks, Shakeeb...
  8. I am having an issue with identifying if my user account in settings is a local or a...

I am having an issue with identifying if my user account in settings is a local or a...: In settings it does not give me the option to sign in with a local or microsoft account. But, I have a slight memory of switching to a local account and now that i try to check it doesnt say anything at all. Please help me out.Thanks, Shakeeb...
  9. I am having an issue with identifying if my user account in settings is a local or a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How to remove an Azure Login on Windows and replace with Local User Login?

How to remove an Azure Login on Windows and replace with Local User Login?: I setup a new computer.I was forced to use a Windows ID to setup the computer so I used my work Exchange email.Now the computer is setup, but for some reason the computer is linked to some Azure ID which I have no idea what that is.I do not want my computer to be locked via...