Windows 10: Other ways to restore your pc

Discus and support Other ways to restore your pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there another way to restore your pc to an earlier time? I don't have any points that I can restore but I thought that maybe there is another way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GabrielByrams1, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Other ways to restore your pc

Is there another way to restore your pc to an earlier time? I don't have any points that I can restore but I thought that maybe there is another way to do it.

:)

GabrielByrams1, Feb 10, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Other ways to restore your pc [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 10, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 10, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

Other ways to restore your pc

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Other ways to restore your pc

1. Other ways to restore your pc - Similar Threads - ways restore

2. What is the correct way to reinstall windows and restore a system Image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the correct way to reinstall windows and restore a system Image?: Recently I discovered that all the files on my C: Drive An SSD had disappeared. Fortunately I have a D: Data drive that I use to hold all my personal data and when I had a look, using a CMD window and some old DOS recollections, I noted that there was a "WindowsImageBackup"...
  3. What is the correct way to reinstall windows annd restore a system Image?

What is the correct way to reinstall windows annd restore a system Image?: Recently I discovered that all the files on my C: Drive An SSD had disappeared. Fortunately I have a D: Data drive that I use to hold all my personal data and when I had a look, using a CMD window and some old DOS recollections, I noted that there was a "WindowsImageBackup"...
  4. Any way to automatically restore app windows to half screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to automatically restore app windows to half screen?: I work on a 27" monitor, and love the snap my application windows to half screens. 90% of the time I want all my windows snapped to one side or the other and cycle between them. However, it seems that this is not saved as a preference when you close the app windows - as it is...
  5. Is there a way to back up System Restore points to a USB Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there a way to back up System Restore points to a USB Flash Drive?: [img] This is a print screen I took last month. I had this problem where I manually created my own Windows System Restore point naming it Healthy PC. The problem is after a few more days when I installed a new application named BabasChess. Windows created an Automatic...
  6. Windows 10 OS disappeared from hard drive. is there a way to restore?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 OS disappeared from hard drive. is there a way to restore?: Windows 10/64 1 TB hard drive 500 GB hard drive PC crashed and recovered next day, screen read something about using a boot disk no OS was found on the HD a small SSD from another computer was installed into the PC and it booted as C ddrive The TB drive is still in the...
  7. Windows 10 Reset and "Fully Clean The Drive" on SSD Restore Way

Windows 10 Reset and "Fully Clean The Drive" on SSD Restore Way: Here professional,as a college student who still working for thesis I need all of your help, recently my Asus X441B had some malfunction in keyboard button, so I decide to Reset my PC after several failed attempt of fixing it manually Sadly, due to tiredness, I mistakenly...
  8. Is there a way to backup Windows 10 settings to OneDrive and restore later?

Is there a way to backup Windows 10 settings to OneDrive and restore later?: I have a Win10 computer with only store apps installed. Is there a way to backup the information about which apps are installed and app settings to OneDrive? So that these apps can be reinstalled automatically when I change the hard drive or replace the computer, after I...
  9. Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal mode?: In Windows 10, msconfig was used to set boot to Safemode. The Safemode login screen asks for a password and I only have a PIN. Is there a way to restore the boot configuration so that it will boot to normal mode, which will accept a PIN, in other words, cancel the changes...
  10. My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was...

My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was...: My question: How do I restore my computer to the way it was before this update was automatically installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-question-how-do-i-restore-my-computer-to-the/d3f43206-2bf6-4d4b-8260-82aaa8599e7f