Windows 10: 'Others' folder taking up space

Discus and support 'Others' folder taking up space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My others folder is taking up around 5GB space. I don't know how to free it. Need help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RohanR3010, Apr 19, 2020.

1. 'Others' folder taking up space

My others folder is taking up around 5GB space. I don't know how to free it. Need help.

:)

RohanR3010, Apr 19, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 folder taking up way too much space

Run TreeSize Free as admin to know which folders are taking up most space on your drive. Simply looking at folder properties isn't sufficient.

RobertJWin, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

'Others' folder taking up space

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

'Others' folder taking up space

1. 'Others' folder taking up space - Similar Threads - 'Others' folder taking

2. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown folders taking up space in temp: Hi Microsoft community,Hoping you can help with this puzzling issue.I have many folders with a name in a similar structure in my temp folder I tried to add a screenshot but upload fails -0A6A1483-5364-4402-B6E9-EDA05DC2FF02Each folder weighs 9.8 MB.The content of the folder...
  3. other other large folder is taking a HUGE space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    other other large folder is taking a HUGE space: when i go to storage i find other folder is taking so much space and when i open the number isn't the same, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-other-large-folder-is-taking-a-huge-space/bdfaf9f7-bc2d-4a94-98c5-70ebccecf9cb
  4. other other large folder is taking a HUGE space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    other other large folder is taking a HUGE space: when i go to storage i find other folder is taking so much space and when i open the number isn't the same, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-other-large-folder-is-taking-a-huge-space/bdfaf9f7-bc2d-4a94-98c5-70ebccecf9cb
  5. other other large folder is taking a HUGE space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. other other large folder is taking a HUGE space

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. damaged folder taking up space

damaged folder taking up space: things happen, and one of my folders is damaged. it says "the file cannot be accessed by system".i need to remove this folder because i know it is taking up some space that i need around 75gb.any help?...
  8. "OTHER USERS" taking up Disk Space

"OTHER USERS" taking up Disk Space: On my Win10 machine, I have a 300 GB partition that holds my OS and apps. 185 GB is being used by "OTHER USERS" which I dont understand since I AM the only user on my machine. I've seen other people posting on this problem. I did use SYSPREP to make the drive so I didn't lose...
  9. "Other Large Folders Taking Up Space In C Drive

"Other Large Folders Taking Up Space In C Drive: I noticed that I only had 8.8GB left on my C Drive. I use Other Drives to store all of my download and such but the occasional file gets into the C Drive which I delete. When I went into the settings to see what was taking up all of the space it says "Other" is taking up...
  10. 'Other' files taking up storage space

'Other' files taking up storage space: Alright, so I have a Windows 10 laptop with 29.1 gigabytes on the C drive. Now, sometimes when I go to settings, system, storage, and see how much space's taken up by the system files, sometimes it'll say about 17 GB while other times it'll say 19 GB. Because the system files...