Windows 10: Others have asked this question in the past, but after trying everything, my default...

Discus and support Others have asked this question in the past, but after trying everything, my default... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This has been happening several times a week, and at times, a few times PER DAY! I change the default browser to Chrome, and then lo and behold,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StevenOsburn, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Others have asked this question in the past, but after trying everything, my default...

This has been happening several times a week, and at times, a few times PER DAY! I change the default browser to Chrome, and then lo and behold, suddenly my default now says "Choose a Default", and Edge comes up until I AGAIN change it back to Chrome... I've changed it in "Default Apps" to Chrome. I've tried "Choose Default Apps by Protocol" changing BOTH HTTP and HTTPS to Chrome. I've tried "Choose Default Apps by File Type" for .htm and .html files to Chrome. AND IN ALL CASES, after a day, two days, or maybe a few hours, I'm right back to Edge - which I do NOT want! WHY? I'm not a computer expert, but this is ridiculous! WHY can't Microsoft accept my choices and stick with it? This is just plain wrong! I've done ALL of the above 2 times today alone! I even did a computer restart - and it still happened. EDGE SUCKS, and I don't want to use it! Don't I have a right to make this choice and stick with it?

:)

StevenOsburn, Dec 31, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Others have asked this question in the past, but after trying everything, my default... :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Make Adobe Pro default PDF program

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• Do you get any error message?
    • How are you trying to set the program as default?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Scroll down to “.pdf” extention and click on the corresponding app on the right side of the extention and change it to Adobe and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Others have asked this question in the past, but after trying everything, my default...

how to ask questions in microsoft forum

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Please share these details.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with windows?

I would request you to provide us the proper description of the issue so that we can help you in best possible way.

As your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you.

I suggest you to Refer the link on how to ask questions or help on Forums.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Kindly post back with the updated information of the issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Others have asked this question in the past, but after trying everything, my default...

1. Others have asked this question in the past, but after trying everything, my default... - Similar Threads - Others asked question

2. How can I find past questions I asked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I find past questions I asked?: Sometimes my email links to past questions asked and answered get misplaced. Is it possible to go to a list of things I have asked about in the past with Links to get me to the details?...
  3. How can I find past questions I asked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find past questions I asked?: Sometimes my email links to past questions asked and answered get misplaced. Is it possible to go to a list of things I have asked about in the past with Links to get me to the details?...
  4. How can I find past questions I asked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. IM NOT ASKING A NEW QUESTION IM ASKING THE SAME QUESTION THAT 299 OTHER PEOPLE HAVE ASKED...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IM NOT ASKING A NEW QUESTION IM ASKING THE SAME QUESTION THAT 299 OTHER PEOPLE HAVE ASKED...: I HAVE A MESSAGE THAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MICROSOFT PROGRAM IT DETECTS A PROBLEM BUT CAN NOT RESOLVE THE PROBLEM AND IDO BELIEVE ITS IN OR DEALING WITH MY SECURTIY ASPECT OF THIS DAMN LAPTOP,. SO ANY QUALIFIED PERSON THAT KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS **** PLEASE ANSWER 1 OUT OF...
  6. IM NOT ASKING A NEW QUESTION IM ASKING THE SAME QUESTION THAT 299 OTHER PEOPLE HAVE ASKED...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IM NOT ASKING A NEW QUESTION IM ASKING THE SAME QUESTION THAT 299 OTHER PEOPLE HAVE ASKED...: I HAVE A MESSAGE THAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MICROSOFT PROGRAM IT DETECTS A PROBLEM BUT CAN NOT RESOLVE THE PROBLEM AND IDO BELIEVE ITS IN OR DEALING WITH MY SECURTIY ASPECT OF THIS DAMN LAPTOP,. SO ANY QUALIFIED PERSON THAT KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS **** PLEASE ANSWER 1 OUT OF...
  7. IM NOT ASKING A NEW QUESTION IM ASKING THE SAME QUESTION THAT 299 OTHER PEOPLE HAVE ASKED...

8. Have tried nearly everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Have tried nearly everything: I have been getting this message when I try to use my AOL email, which is linked to Windows 10 Mail through IMAP: We cannot access this account: AOL. Anyone have a workable solution?...
  9. When I try to access other computers on my network it asks for a password, and I have no...

When I try to access other computers on my network it asks for a password, and I have no...: I have tried every password I can think of, including the password for my wireless router, and it doesn't accept any of them. There is no way I can see to change the password. So, how do I access the data on different computers in my network....
  10. Can I review the questions asked in the past?

Can I review the questions asked in the past?: sometimes I have asked a question and the community responded with answers. Now, years later I'd like to see the questions I and others have asked. Is there any way to review questions asked by myself and others so the same questions don't need to be asked again?...