Windows 10: Others hear whistling noise in virtual meetings from my audio

Discus and support Others hear whistling noise in virtual meetings from my audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a surface go. When I am in virtual meetings for school, the other participants consistently report a whistling noise coming from my end, which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MA_601, Jan 14, 2021.

1. MA_601 Win User

Others hear whistling noise in virtual meetings from my audio

I have a surface go. When I am in virtual meetings for school, the other participants consistently report a whistling noise coming from my end, which I can only hear as playback if they are not wearing headphones. This problem has persisted despite the meeting software Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Discord.

So far I have tried it with and without apple earbuds, I have set the input to be the computer and the output to be earbuds, and I have tried turning off the 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device' in sound properties.

None of these seemed to have helped, and others in the meetings are still hearing the noise. One person said it was louder when I talked.

Please help me with this problem! I am afraid to talk in my school meeting because of the annoying sound.

:)

MA_601, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Software to separate noise from the human voice or song

For audio, you could try Audacity. You can select a sample period where there is just the noise you want to remove, then filter that from the audio.

Noise Reduction - Audacity Manual

3. BobbyJoms Win User
    Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality. Hear crackling noise. Works perfectly fine when connected to phone

Recently purchased a Mi Bluetooth Speaker. It works perfectly fine when connected to my phone. The audio is also very clear.

However when connected to my Windows 10 laptop, the audio quality is poor. I can hear crackling noise in while an audio is being played.

Tried all the below solutions provided in the Ms Community, but those didnt help. I am still facing the issue.

• Unchecked Handsfree under Services in bluetooth device properties.
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled Device driver

Please help.

Thanks in Advance

Bobby

BobbyJoms, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Others hear whistling noise in virtual meetings from my audio

Noise/hiss produced by Windows(?) on the audio output (not a hardware issue)

I have a Windows 10 PC in my car that I use as a head unit for the audio system, and I'm having trouble with background noise. I have been able to detect it on another Windows 10 PC as well. The noise is NOT interference on the analog output. It must be of a software origin because I used Audacity to record the WASAPI output when nothing was playing, and sure enough the noise is there.

To clarify: the following noise samples are recorded using software only. This is not what plays from the analog output of the DAC; this is what Windows sends to the DAC.

I have recorded it from the Speakers output as well as VB Audio virtual cable output (I absolutely need the virtual cable). Interestingly, the spectrum is a bit different, but the noise is similar on both outputs.

Here are short unamplified noise samples exactly as recorded by Audacity - no tampering:

These are 16-bit recordings, so the sample value range is from -32768 to +32767. The noise is -8 to +8 peak to peak, with roughly -4 to +4 average.
    Here's the waveform and spectrum of the noise:

Others hear whistling noise in virtual meetings from my audio lHoVt.png

What can possibly be producing this noise and how to get rid of it or at least reduce it? It may seem too quiet to be a problem, and I never heard it through headphones, but in the car where there's a good set of speakers and some amplification it can be heard quite distinctly when nothing is playing.

I can also confirm that this noise I recorded on a different PC indeed matches the feel and the character of the noise I hear in my car.

Can someone with Windows 10 download Audacity and capture their audio output in order to find out how common or uncommon this problem is?

UPDATE: I have repeated the experiment on my home laptop and desktop computers, both Win 10 as well, and have confirmed the issue there as well. All the samples I collected on these 2 systems are exactly the same, unlike my office desktop where they differ in noise spectrum a bit.

UPDATE 2: Important new findings:
    1. I can hear this noise quite clearly with my home laptop via EMU 0404 USB DAC -> 35W @ 4 Ohm amp -> shelf speakers. I need to set the amp's volume to max and I can hear it then. The system becomes dead quiet when I turn the DAC off.
    2. I have run a proper spectrum analysis on the noise. While its amplitude is only 8, which is -78 dB in 16 bits, but its spectrum reaches as high up as -30 dB. That explains why I can hear it: -30 is a clearly audible quiet sound on any decent system, and -40 is still audible when you sit close to the speakers (which you always do in a car, incidentally). Also, my car amp is 60W @ 4 Ohm so its gain is higher than that of my home amp (and then there's also a matter of the tweeter's sensitivity which differs for different models).

Others hear whistling noise in virtual meetings from my audio q6nIO.png

Violet Giraffe, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Others hear whistling noise in virtual meetings from my audio

1. Others hear whistling noise in virtual meetings from my audio - Similar Threads - Others hear whistling

2. Google meet on DELL can't hear audio file from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google meet on DELL can't hear audio file from laptop: Hi there! I'm using a DELL Inspiron 15 3520. I have trouble with playing audio file from my laptop when I use google meet, sometimes my students can hear and sometimes can't. The technician said because window version sometimes works and sometimes don't with this feature, so...
  3. Google meet on DELL can't hear audio file from laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google meet on DELL can't hear audio file from laptop: Hi there! I'm using a DELL Inspiron 15 3520. I have trouble with playing audio file from my laptop when I use google meet, sometimes my students can hear and sometimes can't. The technician said because window version sometimes works and sometimes don't with this feature, so...
  4. Solution to Can't hear other app audio when in a Zoom meeting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution to Can't hear other app audio when in a Zoom meeting: Since the main thread coming up on Google was closed, and there were only trial-and-error answers, I thought I'd provide my solution and why it works. Can't provide it there unfortunately anymore.This is the solution, if your headphones have multiple modes: My headphones call...
  5. Solution to Can't hear other app audio when in a Zoom meeting

Solution to Can't hear other app audio when in a Zoom meeting: Since the main thread coming up on Google was closed, and there were only trial-and-error answers, I thought I'd provide my solution and why it works. Can't provide it there unfortunately anymore.This is the solution, if your headphones have multiple modes: My headphones call...
  6. Solution to Can't hear other app audio when in a Zoom meeting

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Other people hear whistling noise in virtual meetings from my audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other people hear whistling noise in virtual meetings from my audio: When I am in virtual meetings, the other participants consistently report a whistling noise coming from my end when I have been silent for some time. There is no sound when I am speaking however. I can hear the whistling when I use Voice Recorder to check my audio so it does...
  8. Other people hear whistling noise in virtual meetings from my audio

Other people hear whistling noise in virtual meetings from my audio: When I am in virtual meetings, the other participants consistently report a whistling noise coming from my end when I have been silent for some time. There is no sound when I am speaking however. I can hear the whistling when I use Voice Recorder to check my audio so it does...
  9. Other people hear whistling noise in virtual meetings from my audio

10. No can hear on meeting

No can hear on meeting: No one can hear me when I am using my headphones. I have to attend a meeting. I have also tried using my earbuds as well same issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-can-hear-on-meeting/1a2426a9-30b1-4abf-85b1-58ca1310d72c