Windows 10: Ouch, same ol' story again:

Discus and support Ouch, same ol' story again: in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello every1: I'm new here but hoping that you, guys will stop me from smashing my PC against the wall because I am close to do it or.... see my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jadom, Mar 11, 2016.

1. jadom Win User

Ouch, same ol' story again:

Hello every1:

I'm new here but hoping that you, guys will stop me from smashing my PC against the wall because I am close to do it or.... see my psychiatrist.*Mad

This is my story: For years I was happy user of Win7 Ultimate. I did ignore Win 8 upgrade because mixed opinions on it. But when Win10 showed up on horizon I put my eye on it and after many pros and little less cons I decided to upgrade to Win10. System did examine my PC (a good few years old already) and did not see anything against. So I've done it. Unfortunately I had to go back to Win7 as my Radeon 1950x series graphic card was not supported by AMD driver.

So I went back to Win7 but a little pin was still sticking in my ......

A few weeks later I've purchased newer graphic card (Radeon R7 240 series) which has Win10 drivers and went back to Win10.

After about 2 weeks of total happiness my horror has started. BSOD, BSOD, BSOD. One after one. And horrible long time to final opening of the Desktop. Average time about 45 minutes to one hour. Yes, I am not a liar.

I do not remember when it happened. I can only speculate that it happened after installing one of updates. But I am not sure. After doing huge research on the Web I found myself in the middle of nowhere. So many different cases. Which one could match mine? Of course my desperate decision was to go back to Win7 again but guess what? This option disappeared. Now I know that it stays in computer for certain time. So it was too late for this option. Obviously I might go back and install Win7 from scratch but, oh boy, I would need to retrieve so much data. I did not and I do not want to do it.

So, after research, I decided to reinstall Win10 using Microsoft option found on the Web. And it worked. After spending a whole day yesterday (8AM to midnight) my comp finally started to work properly..... to third turn on. And a whole story begun again. It took me 1 hour 15 minutes to get to this place since I started my PC. I was suspecting that my AVG anti virus causes this thing so I did uninstall it . Only Windows firewall on turned on while reinstalling.

One more thing: after reinstalling my comp froze once so I was forced to turn it off. Second time was turned off normally and then third time came this morning.*Mad

I've done two reports during this "start up session" using dm log collector. One in safe mode and one when I finally was able to work normally.

Here they are:

Attachment 69062Attachment 69063

So I am asking all Win10 GURUS for help. What causes all this c...p in my comp? How to avoid it? And what to do when such thing happens again - I mean how to speed start up?

I'm begging you, folks.*cry*cry*cry

:)

jadom, Mar 11, 2016

2. Airplane Mode Windows 10

Our company has used Surface 3's to write orders for about 2 years now, and for the last year or so, they flip into Airplane Mode without a prompt to do so. Not only is this aggravating, but we have to stop in the middle of the order process to open settings
    and opt out of the AM. Sometimes we lose the order. I brought one to the Microsoft Store at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, Illinois. They looked at it for three hours and they could not solve my dilemma. Ouch, ouch...add salt & ouch again!

Really? Big ouch. Thanks

ladiAlli-Balogun, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Lumia Camera - Moment Capture wont save images to SD Card

same exact problem with 1520 and SD card. Ouch.

drivesafely, Mar 11, 2016
  4. Ouch, same ol' story again:

Hello jadom, sorry for the late reply and welcome to 10forums! *Smile

Some of the dump files you uploaded were completely empty, but the ones that were complete they pointed out that atikmdag.sys which is a driver for AMD based GPU's.

I would recommend that you use Revo Uninstaller to first completely remove the current graphic card drivers, reboot and then install fresh drivers from the AMD driver site!

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 12, 2016
  5. jadom Win User
    Thanks for your response, Boris. I have Revo free version downloaded. However I do not see anything from AMD either ASUS (my Radeon manufacturer) on the Revo's list of installed programs and features despite of seeing it on Win10 Programs and Features. Also clicking on Hunter Mode icon closes Revo immediately. Also when I go to Revo's Autorun Manager I can see a several not running programs, I have problem with.

Also yesterday I downloaded and installed AMD's Hot fix what was fixed version of AMD Catalyst Application. But, before reinstall of Win10, I had a problem with uninstalling installed AMD stuff (AMD Install Manager). I was trying to use AMD Cleanup Utility but I was getting BSOD as soon as I was clicking on its icon to start this application.

What am I missing or what am I doing wrong?

Below latest DM log collector created just seconds ago.

Attachment 69173

jadom, Mar 12, 2016
  6. Hm odd, you should see something along the lines of "AMD Catalyst Install Manager" but if you can't then I guess we must find another way.

So you have tried to use this one I presume?
    AMD Clean Uninstall Utility

Hmm if all of above fails then I guess it wouldn't hurt to just let the Autodetect run even though you haven't uninstalled anything.

Cheers, Boris *Smile

7. Barman58 Win User
    Barman58, Mar 12, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

9. OldMike65 Win User
    Same for me, I have it installed on my computer also. Works just fine, just should run it from Safe Mode. *Thumbs

OldMike65, Mar 12, 2016
  10. jadom Win User
    Hello and thank you all for your suggestions. Due to Boris' advice I did restart my computer and ran AMD Autodetect Utility.

Regardless that rebooting took me "only"18 minutes running Autodetect haven't brought me nothing new. Just info that the latest AMD driver is being installed.

And now I need to make some things clear: do you guys want me to unistall AMD driver using utilities recommended by you or it can be done using windows option (I haven't tried it yet)?

Also, after this positive message from AMD utility, is this necessary to do it?

I am asking this because reinstalling driver will need computer restart and I am afraid that its gonna take some time to restart it again.

However I suspect that problem lays somewhere else. I have so many errors on my logs that I am seriously thinking about re-installing Win10 again. But I am very afraid that this whole story will start again. Something causes it. But what?

Here is latest error log taken seconds ago:

Attachment 69193

jadom, Mar 12, 2016
  11. Hm well there are some issues trying to help you jadom.

Firstly there doesn't seem to be any drivers available for Windows 10 for your motherboard.

One of the BSODs point to a problem with the ndis.sys, it is for network drivers and I found that you are using Realtek as wireless, please download and update the driver here:
    Realtek rtl8187

You will have to test your way through those last three ones, I couldn't find what letter you had.

Also please perform this:

Sorry for the slow reply, it's not easy when you have so little to go on.

Cheers, Boris *Smile

12. jadom Win User
    Sorry folks for not responding so long so I owe you some additional information. I was fighting with this d@@n think for almost last 20 hours. And I haven't won yet but, I think, I see some light in tunnel.

First: I found that Realtek RTL8187 wireless controller comes in a few versions containing letters "B, L and SE" at the end. Fortunately it was also driver provided for Win 7 for my version. Reinstalling driver hasn't changed anything - the same Realtek driver was installed. So after restart I've experienced a few of my "lovely and so familiar" BSOD's with DPC Watchdog stuff and then I decided to re-install Win10 again using "GetWindows10-sds" file. Unfortunately it felt twice with two different errors codes. So now I have to leave this forum, move to "installers" and then bother them. Thanks again and I will let you know how my horror story has ended.

Regards

PS. This think can cause my problems: " There is a simple cause for this issue: Some main boards are using SATA controllers that doesn’t support AHCI mode – which is required during setup. In this case exchanging the SATA driver is a show stopper." - this is taken from "Born's Tech and Windows World" forum and I have to examine this issue as I have several drives hooked.

jadom, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ouch, same ol' story again: - Similar Threads - Ouch same ol'

2. Ouch pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ouch pls help: Yow hello I have a sort of issue pls help! So how to fix my laptop because it's lag the story goes on my issue is that my laptop haved so many errors the story of that because after I played Roblox and logged out that night I was going to sleep I updated my laptop because...
  3. Ouch pls help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ouch pls help: Yow hello I have a sort of issue pls help! So how to fix my laptop because it's lag the story goes on my issue is that my laptop haved so many errors the story of that because after I played Roblox and logged out that night I was going to sleep I updated my laptop because...
  4. MSN page will not refresh. Same stories for 2 days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN page will not refresh. Same stories for 2 days.: My MSN homepage will not refresh. It has been showing the same stories for 2 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-page-will-not-refresh-same-stories-for-2-days/df581c3b-9529-46c6-b90b-5fca929c358d
  5. MSN page will not refresh. Same stories for 2 days.

MSN page will not refresh. Same stories for 2 days.: My MSN homepage will not refresh. It has been showing the same stories for 2 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-page-will-not-refresh-same-stories-for-2-days/df581c3b-9529-46c6-b90b-5fca929c358d
  6. jpj][][ol[

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jpj][][ol[: oupigphl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpjol/360fab68-1644-4d50-a7cf-431962fa5d3b
  7. How to remove OL -other language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove OL -other language: This happens when I kept changing the region and add some extra languages. I normally use 3 languages. What should I do? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-ol-other-language/c9bf8a5e-a85b-4404-bcc4-82ea6ae71c98
  8. Windows, steam, and good ol' consoles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows, steam, and good ol' consoles: Why does windows 10 seem recognize my controller as a xbox 360 device and steam recognizes it as a ps3 device and my ps4 act as if it's a ps4 controller? submitted by /u/nicklas3211 [link] [comments]...
  9. Story Remix

Story Remix: Buenas tardes: No puedo descargar Story Remix Gracias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/story-remix/fcee9880-804c-48e9-ba20-830706a2daf1
  10. Good 'ol Windows notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Good 'ol Windows notifications: Computer was sitting idle with chrome open. A pop notification alerted me to WD finding threats. Go into Security center and it says no threats found. Click on history and it shows numocod malware detected and quarantined. Guess chrome must've rendered an infected ad, ran...