Windows 10: Oulook 2016 sent items not all in sent items folder but are in outlook

Discus and support Oulook 2016 sent items not all in sent items folder but are in outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there Trying to setup up my new computer, Windows 10 home. I have outlook 2016 and I tried to start without adding a new account and then tried... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by warek, Jun 25, 2017.

1. warek Win User

Oulook 2016 sent items not all in sent items folder but are in outlook

Hi there

Trying to setup up my new computer, Windows 10 home. I have outlook 2016 and I tried to start without adding a new account and then tried to import from outlook 2010 pst file. I still have the old computer with outlook 2010 , all my emails etc

This gave me some old emails but no current ones and no address book/contacts

I then added a new email account pop 3 manually and it works sends and receives
    I also saved and imported a csv file of contacts and that is all good.

However I notice that if I send some pics from another program, right click send to they are sent but they are not in the sent items under my email account, but they are in the sent items under the outlook data file. If I sent a reply to an email the sent box under my email account saves the reply.

I would like to have all of my sent items under the one sent folder, and preferably the sent folder under my email account not the sent item under the outlook data file

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your input

Cheers

Kevin

:)

warek, Jun 25, 2017

2. Sent Items are not showing in the sent folder in Windows Mail

Absolutely true. MS let the fans down. They themselves running short of codes and ideas.

VASU

KrishnaRaoVasudevan, Jun 25, 2017
  3. Sent Items are not showing in the sent folder in Windows Mail

My windows 10 "mail" is totally unacceptable and keep hoping for a fix. I have no way of finding my sent emails as they no longer appear in my email provider's server. Never sure if email is sent nor do I show any record of it. Sometimes sent emails
    appear in "outbox" when they are indeed sent ( I have to check with recipient to make sure.....kind of defeats the purpose. Sent items may eventually....yawn yawn ..... appear in sent folder....sometimes not....sometimes email contact name for 2 sent emails
    appear as one....Now that one totally confuses me. Pretty darn bad on ya Microsoft.

confused and uninformed, Jun 25, 2017
  4. Oulook 2016 sent items not all in sent items folder but are in outlook

Hi Kevin. Welcome to the TenForums @warek

First I would use an IMAP account as this allows all email to be "sync" across devices. By this I mean if you delete on your system it will also delete on phone. That said some people use POP accounts for very specific reasons.

As to saving.

Please click on Files, upper left, the Account Settings, followed by Account setting. This opens a window. Second tab is Data Files. Likely your default is set to Personal Accounts. You can set to email account.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 25, 2017
  5. warek Win User
    i
    ncoming Mail Server

Type: POP3
    Server: pop.dodo.com.au
    Port: 110
    Authentication Required: Yes
    Username: Mailbox username (without @Dodo.com.au)
    Password: Mailbox password

Outgoing Mail Server

Type: SMTP
    Server: smtp.dodo.com.au
    Port: 25
    Authentication Required: No
    Cheers

Kevin

warek, Jun 26, 2017
  6. Sorry I lost this thread, my bad.

Okay so you are using POP. Likely means more work if you have multiple devices since they won't be kept in sync.

I saw you comment on saving. Which one is yours set too, the mail account or Personal folders?

Caledon Ken, Jun 30, 2017
  7. warek Win User
    Ken

Thanks for follow up. I am not a big mobile phone user and am happy to have a pop account.
    All of my sent messages are now together

Cheers

Kevin

warek, Jul 14, 2017
  8. Oulook 2016 sent items not all in sent items folder but are in outlook

Great. Please mark thread solved.

Enjoy the weekend.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Oulook 2016 sent items not all in sent items folder but are in outlook

1. Oulook 2016 sent items not all in sent items folder but are in outlook - Similar Threads - Oulook 2016 sent

2. Sent items folder not displaying normally in outlook.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent items folder not displaying normally in outlook.: My work colleague, on her work computer, has somehow managed to get her sent items displaying in folders inside her sent folder. How do we get the sent emails to display as normal where the last one sent is at the top of the list....
  3. Sent items folder not displaying normally in outlook.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent items folder not displaying normally in outlook.: My work colleague, on her work computer, has somehow managed to get her sent items displaying in folders inside her sent folder. How do we get the sent emails to display as normal where the last one sent is at the top of the list....
  4. Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder: I am running Microsoft Mail Not Outlook on Windows 11. I have created 2 email accounts that both work but in neither case will any sent items appear in the Sent Items folder . I have re-installed Mail twice now but the problem persists. They do not appear in any other folder...
  5. Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder: I am running Microsoft Mail Not Outlook on Windows 11. I have created 2 email accounts that both work but in neither case will any sent items appear in the Sent Items folder . I have re-installed Mail twice now but the problem persists. They do not appear in any other folder...
  6. Windows Mail - Sent Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail - Sent Items: I was searching email from my "Sent Mail" folder. The email I was searching for didn't appear, but there was an option to "Search Online". The email appeared, but when I click to open, it disappears. How do I view sent emails found using the "Search Online" option?...
  7. Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sent Items folder: How do I find the Sent Items folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-items-folder/226e660d-b3ed-4ed8-bdb8-1b2236d65a11
  8. Outlook Express Sent Items Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Express Sent Items Folder: How can I set up Outlook Express so that my Sent Items Folder is in Preview Mode and shows the name of person who I have sent the email to at the beginning of the displayed emails? At the moment I can only have the folder in Preview mode where my name is displayed first...
  9. Windows10mail sent items

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10mail sent items: When I click on an item in the sent box , whether it was sent or failed, it immediately tries to send it again and cannot be cancelled other than by getting out of the sent box. Help please to stop this....
  10. SENT ITEMS IN EXCHANGE SERVER AND MS OUTLOOK 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    SENT ITEMS IN EXCHANGE SERVER AND MS OUTLOOK 2013: We have an exchange server in our organisation and MS outlook 2013 in the office PCs are configured with this server. Unless the outlook in the PC is opened, the emails are viewable directly from the exchange server through web user interface. After opening the outlook in...