Windows 10: Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11

Discus and support Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has been working on a redesigned version of Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11. Unlike the current desktop client, Microsoft Teams... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 14, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11

Microsoft has been working on a redesigned version of Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11. Unlike the current desktop client, Microsoft Teams 2.0 is moving from the Electron to Edge Webview 2 and switching to React.js (open-source front-end JavaScript library) from Angular.

The brand new Teams client was first announced during the Windows 11 event and it is currently being referred to as “Teams 2.0”. With Microsoft Teams 2.0, Microsoft is planning to target consumers and make its popular video collaboration tool available on more devices.

Microsoft Teams 2.0 is based on Edge WebView2 and it will be initially exclusive to Windows 10 and Windows 11. With Edge WebView 2, Microsoft will be using embedded web technologies (HTML, CSS, and JavaScript) and Chromium rendering engine in Microsoft Teams.

Thanks to a leaked build, we have now managed to download and install an early preview of the brand new Microsoft Teams app.

Microsoft Teams 2.0 first look

Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 Microsoft-Teams-first-look.jpg

The new app is built around the Microsoft Teams web, but it uses Edge (Chromium) WebView, which means Microsoft has removed the browser’s address bar and users can run Microsoft Teams in a separate window like the current desktop app.

The browser’s extension and main menu are also gone, but you can find traces of Edge browser when you right-click anywhere in the app’s window.

1 of 6
    Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 Teams-2.0-788x420.jpg
    Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 Microsoft-Teams-calendar-788x420.jpg
    Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 Microsoft-Teams-2.0-appearance-788x420.jpg
    Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 Microsoft-Teams-notifications-788x420.jpg
    Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 Microsoft-Teams-2.0-settings-788x420.jpg
    Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 Teams-chat-788x420.jpg

In our tests, we observed that Teams 2.0 is significantly faster than the current desktop app and it can run smoothly on lower-end devices with 4GB of RAM and Core i3 (10th-gen) without suffering major hits to their performance.

Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 Teams-chat-screen.jpg

Teams memory usage has also dropped and overall performance is significantly better than than the current platform. In fact, Microsoft Teams can now launch instantly and it won’t get stuck on the loading screen, thanks to the Microsoft Edge background processes and WebView integration.

1 of 3
    Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 Microsoft-Teams-2.0-chat-774x420.jpg
    Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 Microsoft-Teams-new-meeting-774x420.jpg
    Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 Microsoft-Teams-2.0-context-menu-793x420.jpg

This new Teams client has been designed with consumers and performance in mind, and it will offer an “always up-to-date nature” thanks to the use of Edge WebView.

In other words, users can easily download and update the client. Microsoft has also enabled integration with all Windows 10 features, such as native notifications, including the upcoming Teams chat app in Windows 11.

All necessary Microsoft Teams features are available in the new version, but advanced controls are currently missing. For example, the functionality of the together mode is limited and users cannot make changes to the noise cancellation settings.

The new web-based Teams client is currently under development and Microsoft will enable support for features like multiple accounts and improved PowerPoint integration.

The post Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 14, 2021
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jul 14, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Our first look at new Microsoft Teams for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Teams

2. Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....: Here are these pictures, notification doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-team-notification-is-inactive/f3e087b2-5f7d-4230-a73b-0eaedbd25b15
  3. Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....: Here are these pictures, notification doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-team-notification-is-inactive/f3e087b2-5f7d-4230-a73b-0eaedbd25b15
  4. Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting

Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting: Hello there Yesterday I joined a Microsoft teams meeting using my MacBook. An hour into the meeting, I was “kicked out” as the meeting my log in was transferred to another device.I had all my other devices with me my mobile phone of which Teams was on offload mode on it hence...
  5. Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting: Hello there Yesterday I joined a Microsoft teams meeting using my MacBook. An hour into the meeting, I was “kicked out” as the meeting my log in was transferred to another device.I had all my other devices with me my mobile phone of which Teams was on offload mode on it hence...
  6. Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I need a phone number to give Microsoft all 40 names of the support team at 1-866-425-9799,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need a phone number to give Microsoft all 40 names of the support team at 1-866-425-9799,...: I wonder is anyone can answer my question above? All of my calls started just after 8:00 am on April 3rd and the last try was made a few minutes before 1:30 pm today. It isn't very helpful and I have been getting this same treatment for 20 days. There are a lot of additions...
  8. A request to microsoft team and owners to make new windows phone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A request to microsoft team and owners to make new windows phone.: I request to make new windows phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-request-to-microsoft-team-and-owners-to-make-new/04611437-6f4e-45d9-8a64-39bed356b4ff
  9. A request to microsoft team and owners to make new windows phone.

A request to microsoft team and owners to make new windows phone.: I request to make new windows phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-request-to-microsoft-team-and-owners-to-make-new/04611437-6f4e-45d9-8a64-39bed356b4ff
  10. A request to microsoft team and owners.

A request to microsoft team and owners.: I want to talk about new windows phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-request-to-microsoft-team-and-owners/04611437-6f4e-45d9-8a64-39bed356b4ff