Windows 10: Our Intranet fails to authenticate users on a clean Windows 11 install, but works for...

Discus and support Our Intranet fails to authenticate users on a clean Windows 11 install, but works for... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Our company Intranet has a setting whereby it authenticates the user against Active Directory using their login to the computer. It then checks that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Philip A. Jones, May 24, 2023.

1. Our Intranet fails to authenticate users on a clean Windows 11 install, but works for...

Our company Intranet has a setting whereby it authenticates the user against Active Directory using their login to the computer. It then checks that user against a SQL Server database to see what pages to load for them. In addition, it checks Active Directory for their email address.If a user signs in on a computer which has Windows 10 on it, or which was upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, everything works correctly. However, if they open our Intranet on a computer with a clean install of Windows 11, they get an error: "an unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the curren

:)

Philip A. Jones, May 24, 2023

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 24, 2023
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 24, 2023
  4. Our Intranet fails to authenticate users on a clean Windows 11 install, but works for...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 24, 2023
Thema:

Our Intranet fails to authenticate users on a clean Windows 11 install, but works for...

1. Our Intranet fails to authenticate users on a clean Windows 11 install, but works for... - Similar Threads - Intranet fails authenticate

2. [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user: Hi I’m workin in this last months on Windows and behaviors around the user authentication. However to accomplish the main task I have i need according to some conditions to clean the user password or change the user to another one on the list available in the welcome screen....
  3. [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user: Hi I’m workin in this last months on Windows and behaviors around the user authentication. However to accomplish the main task I have i need according to some conditions to clean the user password or change the user to another one on the list available in the welcome screen....
  4. [Windows 10 - Authentication screen] clean or change user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Our Intranet impersonates the logged on user against NTFS file permissions on our file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our Intranet impersonates the logged on user against NTFS file permissions on our file...: We have an app on our Intranet which impersonates the logged on user against NTFS file permissions on our file server. This works from a Windows 10 computer and from a computer upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, but fails on a computer with a clean install of Windows 11...
  6. Our Intranet impersonates the logged on user against NTFS file permissions on our file...

Our Intranet impersonates the logged on user against NTFS file permissions on our file...: We have an app on our Intranet which impersonates the logged on user against NTFS file permissions on our file server. This works from a Windows 10 computer and from a computer upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, but fails on a computer with a clean install of Windows 11...
  7. PowerShell password authentication failed for user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell password authentication failed for user: Hi,I am learning database management and the course has exercises using PowerShell. We practice creating user by connecting to Postgres, but also to do so locally with command:PS C:\Users\*me*> createuser --interactiveEnter name of role to add: test_interactiveShall the new...
  8. PowerShell password authentication failed for user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell password authentication failed for user: Hi,I am learning database management and the course has exercises using PowerShell. We practice creating user by connecting to Postgres, but also to do so locally with command:PS C:\Users\*me*> createuser --interactiveEnter name of role to add: test_interactiveShall the new...
  9. PowerShell password authentication failed for user

10. Our Intranet fails to authenticate users on a clean Windows 11 install, but works for...

Our Intranet fails to authenticate users on a clean Windows 11 install, but works for...: Our company Intranet has a setting whereby it authenticates the user against Active Directory using their login to the computer. It then checks that user against a SQL Server database to see what pages to load for them. In addition, it checks Active Directory for their email...