Windows 10: Our lock screen sign-in page keeps getting duplicate account pictures

Discus and support Our lock screen sign-in page keeps getting duplicate account pictures in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We have multiple accounts on our home PC. My dad is the administrator, and my mom, and I are just a local account. (Yes, when I installed a fresh... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by goldmunkee, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Our lock screen sign-in page keeps getting duplicate account pictures

We have multiple accounts on our home PC. My dad is the administrator, and my mom, and I are just a local account. (Yes, when I installed a fresh Windows 10 OS, I ensured that the PC had no internet connection and only allowed for PC to log-in via offline account and not sign-in to Microsoft Account which would require Wi-Fi or ethernet connection). For some odd reasons, on my local account (Doug), whenever I asked my dad (Fred) (aka the admin/host user) to sign into his Microsoft Account so that I can have access to our activated Microsoft apps account such as Word, Excel, etc. My local account picture gets duplicated onto his login account picture. Now he likes to check his email a lot on Outlook free personal email and calendar from Microsoft with the web version and not the desktop app. My sign-in account picture is now on his account picture whenever he sends or reply with a new email. The problem: We keep getting a duplicated login account picture from time to time. Sometimes his login picture gets duplicated onto my account or my mom's and vice versa. Solution that we want? We just want to be able to upload our own "local" login picture and not via outlook email account picture. I do not want to have to ask my dad to sign-in onto his activated Microsoft account and then all of a sudden, my picture gets duplicated onto his lock screen log-in account and then goes about to compose a new email and my lock screen log-in account shows up on his email account account. How do I prevent from this happening? When he sends an email to another person, I fear that they will see my sign-in picture. I do not want that. We just want a local log-in account picture. Nothing more, nothing less. We just do not want to have any pictures on our outlook email account picture. See picture below what the problem is. Windows Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110)

:)

goldmunkee, Jul 25, 2021

2. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Hi Bastet and Paul Black,

Thanks for such a quick response! I had tried the steps involved in Brink's tutorial already (both manually and running the .bat file, just in case), but I've given them one more try just to see if it worked - no luck, I'm afraid! While Spotlight itself works on the Lock screen, as soon as I press a key to move to the Sign-In screen to enter my PIN, it changes back to a plain flat-colour background - and that's even with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled under Personalization.

If I set this to 'disabled', the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen but not the Sign-In screen.
    If I set it to enabled, both Lock and Sign-In show as a plain flat-colour background.

Hi Dalchina,

Thanks for this suggestion as well - I've tried this too (both enabling and disabling the registry key). It seems to get me one step closer. If I create and set 'DisableLogonBackgroundImage' to '1' under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System, then the outcome of "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under Personalization seems to have a different effect. Regardless of whether "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen", the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen. However, it still doesn't show on the Sign-In page. That's still just a solid colour.

Do I want DisableLogonBackgroundImage to be 0 or 1? I guessed 1 as I figured that was a 'disable' key - kind of like a double negative Our lock screen sign-in page keeps getting duplicate account pictures :)

And with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\<your account's SID key>\AnyoneRead\LockScreen, there's the HideLogonBackgroundImage key - which I guess should be set to 0?

I feel like it's just got to be one darn registry key somewhere to fix this, but I've got no idea where to look!

Apologies - I know this is all very trivial but it's irritated me enough that it's getting personal now *Wink

musiclover99, Jul 25, 2021
  3. tskandier Win User
    Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen

I actually found relief most lately by relinquishing control back to Windows, by letting it choose the best settings, as was the original selection that started this whole mess for me. Maybe their "fix" snuck that functionality back in for us?

tskandier, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Our lock screen sign-in page keeps getting duplicate account pictures

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Our lock screen sign-in page keeps getting duplicate account pictures

1. Our lock screen sign-in page keeps getting duplicate account pictures - Similar Threads - lock screen sign

2. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  3. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  4. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Account keeps getting locked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account keeps getting locked?: I recently made a Microsoft account for Minecraft, but it seems like every other day it keeps getting locked. I checked my sign-in activity and nothing odd has happened. Every login looks almost the same including the IP, the only difference is that the browser keeps changing...
  6. Account picture not showing on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account picture not showing on lock screen: Account picture not showing on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-not-showing-on-lock-screen/74860205-44df-4cc3-b29e-4c2a8456202d
  7. Lock screen account picture

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lock screen account picture: Hey there. I updated my Windows 10 two days ago. Today, I logged into my Outlook account and updated my account picture. That was done but I don't know why the picture that I used months ago suddenly popped up into my lock screen account picture and in my PC too. I thought...
  8. Lost Account Picture On Lock Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost Account Picture On Lock Screen: Greetings, I hope this finds you all well. I tried switching to internal graphics on my new machine. I removed the dedicated graphics card, as I am getting another, and I wanted to send the current one back before the new one arrives. I had nothing but grief after removing...
  9. Lost Account Picture On Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Account Picture On Lock Screen: Greetings, I hope this finds you all well. I tried switching to internal graphics on my new machine. I removed the dedicated graphics card, as I am getting another, and I wanted to send the current one back before the new one arrives. I had nothing but grief after removing...
  10. Lock screen sign in picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen sign in picture: Hi , The picture I have on my start up is fine then after clicking to go to sign in the picture goes really funny and sometimes when I start up the whole colour is light Blue with a Greeney Blue lettering then eventually goes back to Purple and myBlack letters. Any help...