Windows 10: Our PC connects to wifi extenders, but not to our wifi hub

Discus and support Our PC connects to wifi extenders, but not to our wifi hub in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Wasn't a problem until out extender recently broke. This didn't use to be a problem. The PC and the hub are only divided by a wall, and the PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-Sawnderz-, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Our PC connects to wifi extenders, but not to our wifi hub

Wasn't a problem until out extender recently broke.

This didn't use to be a problem. The PC and the hub are only divided by a wall, and the PC and extender were in the same room, but only the extender seemed to register the signal.

I want to say that the neighbors' wifi also stopped showing up as an option on the list of wifi at around about the same time.

submitted by /u/-Sawnderz-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-Sawnderz-, Dec 20, 2019

2. Belkin Debuts New Mini WiFi Range Extender

Belkin has today introduced a new WiFi Range Extender to help consumers achieve whole home WIFI coverage. The new WiFi Range Extender's compact form means it can be discreetly plugged into any wall socket, to maximise WiFI coverage and allow consumers to use their mobile devices anywhere in the home.

Belkin's WiFI Range Extender has been designed with a smaller form factor to plug directly into an electrical outlet without blocking the second socket, and despite its compact size can significantly increase the WiFi range of your router. Belkin's new WiFi Range Extender includes Simple Start Installation and is compatible with virtually any Wi-Fi router. It can be installed using a tablet or smartphone, as well as a PC or laptop. Just plug it in, find the home network, and enjoy greater wireless in minutes.

Our PC connects to wifi extenders, but not to our wifi hub Belkin_F9K1015_01_thm.jpg

The new WiFi Range Extender's single SSID makes installation and set-up even easier. The Range Extender uses the same user name and password as the router, and will automatically connect to the strongest WiFi signal it finds. This ensures all the WiFi enabled home devices will automatically be able to connect after the initial set up, without the user having to set devices up individually.

"Having WiFi is seen as a commodity today but achieving whole home coverage is still a challenge for many consumers," said Bart Bomers, director of Networking, Belkin EMEA. "With people using more devices throughout the home this is becoming an important challenge to address. With our new WiFi Range Extender, we offer people a smart solution that can be installed in minutes and extends WiFi range and eliminates dead spots in the home."

The new Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender comes in a white ultra slim design that fits neatly into a wall outlet, and in most of the cases leaves enough space for other devices to be connected in the other socket. It is compatible with routers from any manufacturer, using standardized Wireless N technology.

WiFi range extender (F9K1015) - £ 29.99 / € 34.99
    • Smaller form factor fits discreetly to your wall socket without blocking other outlets
    • Simple Start Installation - Browser-based setup from a smartphone or tablet
    • Single SSID
    • Single band N300 (2,4 GHz)
    • WPS - WiFi Protected Setup

Cristian_25H, Dec 20, 2019
  3. NETGEAR Extends WiFi Coverage Throughout the Home

NETGEAR, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, today announced that the NETGEAR Universal Dual Band WiFi Range Extender (WN2500RP), which extends dual band WiFi coverage for any home office or home network, is now available for purchase at retail stores and online worldwide.

The dramatic increase in connected devices in the home has created a need for better WiFi coverage. With the NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender, users can keep their current wireless equipment and improve WiFi coverage, enhancing overall network quality, range and performance throughout the home for mobile connected devices such as smartphones, iPads, tablets and laptops, as well as connected entertainment devices like smart TVs, gaming consoles, streaming players and more. Unveiled at CES 2012 in January, the NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender is the latest addition to a line-up of easy-to-use WiFi range extender products that provide an enhanced WiFi experience for consumers worldwide.

Our PC connects to wifi extenders, but not to our wifi hub netgear_wn2500rp_01_thm.jpg

No More WiFi Dead Spots

The NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender boosts coverage of both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi signals simultaneously, enhancing the connected lifestyle by extending WiFi range while avoiding WiFi interference. The NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender supports wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n standards, making it compatible with virtually any wireless network used at home. Included is FastLane Technology for range extenders, which enables consumers to maximize bandwidth for HD video streaming and online gaming. In addition, the NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender supports up to four wired to WiFi connections, turning Ethernet-enabled devices such as Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, DVRs and smart TVs into devices with WiFi connectivity.

Stream On

Obstacles such as walls can result in low WiFi signal strength or WiFi dead spots in different areas of the home. The NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender resolves this problem, so that users can surf the Internet, stream movies without constant buffering or listen to their favorite Internet radio stations no matter where they are - in the upstairs bedroom, outside on the deck or in the garage. As an alternative to buying a new WiFi router, the NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender is an ideal accessory to consumers' existing equipment. The NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender is universally compatible with any standard single or dual band WiFi router or service provider gateway.

Easy to Install and Set Up

The device is easy to install and set up with no need for a CD or Ethernet cable. A secure connection to any existing home WiFi network is established with a simple push of a button. Dynamic LEDs display real-time network connection status and find the best location for extender placement for optimal wireless, interference-free coverage. "The proliferation of mobile devices in the home - laptops, tablets and smartphones - has lead to people uncovering more WiFi dead spots in and around their homes. The NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender solves that problem and broadens WiFi connectivity and performance at an affordable price and with minimal setup," said Damir Skripic, product line manager for connected entertainment at NETGEAR.

Pricing and Availability

Available now from major retailers in the United States, the NETGEAR Universal Dual Band WiFi Range Extender (WN2500RP) starts at $79.99. It can also be purchased worldwide from retailers in stores and online.

Cristian_25H, Dec 20, 2019
  4. pizza Win User

Our PC connects to wifi extenders, but not to our wifi hub

My Phones wifi cannot connect to Wireless hub modem

I have an android phone zte force (boost) and for some odd reason it cannot connect to my clearwire hub express (Modem and router all in one ) through wifi. When i try to connect to the modem hub my phone stays stuck at "Connecting Saved" back and forth. I have tried changing the encryption and the wifi letter and resetting the modem but no results. The strange thing about my phone is that it can connect to other modems just fine. At the same time other devices can connect to my clear wire hub express *Bang Head :banghead:

I have even tried calling clear but they don't know what the problem is, its strange and if anyone can help that would be awesome !

pizza, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Our PC connects to wifi extenders, but not to our wifi hub

1. Our PC connects to wifi extenders, but not to our wifi hub - Similar Threads - connects wifi extenders

2. File window extends on our of screen boundaries

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File window extends on our of screen boundaries: The file window is bigger than the actual screen when I drag it it will go out of screen boundaries. How to fix this or just adjust it instead?...
  3. File window extends on our of screen boundaries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File window extends on our of screen boundaries: The file window is bigger than the actual screen when I drag it it will go out of screen boundaries. How to fix this or just adjust it instead?...
  4. Wifi extender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi extender: Netgear wifi extender. Windows 10 laptop. The extender is set up and running fine, phones are talking to it. Windows laptop can see it fine, but is still trying to connect to the real wifi router. Problem is that the internet keeps cutting in and out in the office, hence...
  5. WiFi modem gets disrupted when laptop joins our WiFi network

WiFi modem gets disrupted when laptop joins our WiFi network: Lately I am having a lot of trouble with my WiFi connection: out of the blue it just drops, the signal is gone on every device, and the modem needs 10 minutes to reset itself completely. I am starting to think this has something to do with the connection of a specific laptop...
  6. our laptop keeps dissconnecting to our wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    our laptop keeps dissconnecting to our wifi: when it dissconnects it won't recconect again(can't connect to network) i have to turn my phones hotspot and connect it to that and connect it back to our wifi, any idea what's wrong? submitted by /u/alvherDcastro [link] [comments]...
  7. Can't Connect to our own WiFi

Can't Connect to our own WiFi: Hi! I've been having this problem for a week now. I can't connect to our own WiFi. Two weeks ago it started as having trouble in connecting but now I really can't connect anymore. This is what shows when I enter the password. I already tried some of the steps here in fixing...
  8. Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender

Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender: Hi All. The following has happened before, and then if fixed it's self, but started happening again 3-4 days ago and is still an issue. I'm about 20-25 feet from the router, Normally it connects no problem. But since Monday afternoon my laptop won't connect to the...
  9. wifi extender

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi extender: My wifi extender connects to the wifi used by my router and works on my phone but not my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-extender/878e7736-e422-4ba8-a243-b223bd003ba3
  10. connecting to my wifi extender

connecting to my wifi extender: I cannot connect to my wifi extender (netgear) from my laptop. I have Windows 10 installed. I can connect with all other devices (cell phones). I can connect to my modem/router but when trying to connect to the extender it says "internet not available". Any suggestions or...