Windows 10: Our Software Blocked by Windows Defender

Discus and support Our Software Blocked by Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Our software after more than 10 years of being ok was black listed yesterday by Windows Defender. We have submitted a paid support ticket with a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TimMajor2, Jan 31, 2019.

1. TimMajor2 Win User

Our Software Blocked by Windows Defender

Hi,

Our software after more than 10 years of being ok was black listed yesterday by Windows Defender.

We have submitted a paid support ticket with a 2 hr window 48 hours ago and haven't heard back from Microsoft. You can imagine this is dramatically affecting our business and a bit of a doomsday.

How do I get our software whitelisted as to get us back working with customers while we diagnose the issue (if there is one, or if we are just a false positive).

Cheers,

Tim

:)

TimMajor2, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Reldel Win User
    Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Our Software Blocked by Windows Defender [​IMG]

Our Software Blocked by Windows Defender [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Our Software Blocked by Windows Defender

blocked applications

Hi Eileen,

Windows Defender or another antivirus software will sometimes block a certain app or file from running or being installed. With this, you can check the
    quarantine section of the antivirus program you are using to see which program is being blocked. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• What is the exact error message did you receive after launching or running the app?
    • Which antivirus program are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest disabling the Windows Defender SmartScreen and see if the app will run. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender on the search box and click on the first option.
    • On the left side of the window, click on the Window icon (App & browser control).
    • On the SmartScreen for Windows
      Store apps column, select Off.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Our Software Blocked by Windows Defender

1. Our Software Blocked by Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Software Blocked Defender

2. Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.: Using TurboTax 2023, update from 2/15/24 keeps failing with a 1603 warning-loosely translated "not our software, its your computer". Computer is Win OS 10, 8yrs old not compatible with OS 11, not an option. Went to TT help site, which offered a manual patch. Downloaded the...
  3. Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.: Using TurboTax 2023, update from 2/15/24 keeps failing with a 1603 warning-loosely translated "not our software, its your computer". Computer is Win OS 10, 8yrs old not compatible with OS 11, not an option. Went to TT help site, which offered a manual patch. Downloaded the...
  4. Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Our website is blocked by Windows Defender. How do we fix it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Our website is blocked by Windows Defender. How do we fix it?: We have received numerous reports that windows users attempting to access our company's website muahack.com see a big red banner from Windows Defender alerting them that opening the website may not be safe.How can we request removal from this block list?...
  6. Our website is blocked by Windows Defender. How do we fix it?

Our website is blocked by Windows Defender. How do we fix it?: We have received numerous reports that windows users attempting to access our company's website esmed.org see a big red banner from Windows Defender alerting them that opening the website may not be safe. How can we request removal from this block list?...
  7. Windows defender Blocking software not and app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows defender Blocking software not and app: Windows defender has been blocking my embroidery software since the first of august. I was able to delete and update on my laptop and software will work. But I can't go back that far on my desktop. I have done all updates. I just purchased the newest embroidery software and...
  8. Software is being blocked

Software is being blocked: Some software is being blocked. I use Norton Antivirus as my primary firewall but I have contacted them and they say Microsoft is blocking the software not them. How do I unblock software blocked by Microsoft when they aren't the primary security?...
  9. Defender shows that our software contains Win32/Wacatac.B!ml

Defender shows that our software contains Win32/Wacatac.B!ml: Recently, on virustotal.com, our files shows up as been infected... Product = "microsoft" Threat = "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml" We compile in Delphi 10.2 og 10.3. Have you (Microsoft) changed something? I'm getting tired of sending our files to you, through submit sample......
  10. Windows defender scan of our application.

Windows defender scan of our application.: Hi, I'm a developer in a project for private companies use. Our application connects to a server right after install. Recently we found an unknown PC in the list of connections which disconnects after a few minutes. It's located on Azure and by hostname & googling we've...