Windows 10: Our supplier used KLM server for Windows Server 2019. Is it legal?

Discus and support Our supplier used KLM server for Windows Server 2019. Is it legal? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We bought 8 pieces Microsoft Windows Server Standard Core 2019 SNGL OLP 2Lic NL CoreLic Remarketed. Because first time the MS activation server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by István V, Jan 9, 2020.

1. István V Win User

Our supplier used KLM server for Windows Server 2019. Is it legal?

We bought 8 pieces Microsoft Windows Server Standard Core 2019 SNGL OLP 2Lic NL CoreLic Remarketed.

Because first time the MS activation server determined the specified product key is blocked, we asked the supplier for help. After some trials, they forwarded their partner's mail how to fix it using KLM server.

Their mail:

The problem was that the activation via the GUI interface the normal user interface is unfortunately very error-prone and often led to problems which had to be solved by an activation via Command Line Interface. However, the activation via DOS Box and the corresponding commands requires a lot more expert knowledge, so it was very complex to explain this to customers & end users!

This is why we now deliver you for the Activation of Microsoft Office and Windows Server Licenses our Activation Toolbox!

Main component of this toolbox is our Activation Batch Files approx. 500kb which executes a manual KMS activation via Command Line Interface commands. This could theoretically also be entered manually in the command line, in order to make it easier for you and your customers, we have summarized this in a small batch fileàyou could download the Activation Toolbox for Windows Server 2019 Standard at: https://we.tl/t-8uj7b9fFak

This activation possibility offers the advantages, security & stability of a Microsoft KMS activation without the customer having to undertake the complicated process of setting up, administering and maintaining his own KMS host. Enclosed you will find a short description and information regarding the process described above. These documents are kept neutral so that you can pass them on to your customers!

Even if this may sound very complex & cumbersome at first, it is very easy in practice for you and your customers.

· Install the software

· execute our batch file after the installation

which you receive with the delivery / mail of the ISO files

· and 15-20 seconds later the license is activated.

See attached a short guideline regarding that!

Of course, all volume licenses whether new or purchased from us are multi-bit, multilingual and downgrade able.

We are happy to provide the corresponding ISO files for installation and our Activation Batch Files also for a corresponding downgrade at your customer!

Now our Windows Server is activated, but I want to be sure that it is legal and it will work for more than a decade.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Best regards,

István Vizsy

:)

István V, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 9, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Can't perform in-place upgrade from Windows Server 2016 to Windows Server 2019

Hi NWZB

Are these the exact steps you are following to perform that upgrade?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

If so, I am sorry, Community is just a consumer forum, due to the scope of your question (Server 2019) can you please post this question to our sister forum on TechNet in the Server 2019 section (linked below)

Over there you will have access to a host of Server 2019 experts and will get a knowledgeable and quick answer to this question . ..

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-...

DaveM121, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Ashraf155 Win User

Upgrade Step for Windows AD Server to Windows Server 2019

Hi all,

I need your help as my situation below,

Primary server:

Windows 2008 R2 Standard (Master)

AD CS

AD DS

DNS

Secondary Server:

Windows 2012 R2 Standard

AD CS

AD DS

DNS

Replication AD only from Primary to Secondary server.

We have bought Windows Server 2019 Standard for two and we plan to upgrade both server,

I have found lots of step to upgrade AD server for easy ways by adding the bootable Windows iso media and run adprep /forestprep.

But I am worry If some thing else messup the configuration and AD itself.

My Plan,

1: Upgrade windows 2012 to Windows 2019

2: After all done, I will start upgrade Windows 2008 R2 to Windows 2012 R2

3. An then start to Upgrade to Windows 2019

Question : Any step or prerequisite before i start upgrading ? (for example, AD might not working during installation or etc)

Thanks

Ashraf

Ashraf155, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Our supplier used KLM server for Windows Server 2019. Is it legal? - Similar Threads - supplier used KLM

2. Windows Server 2016 DataCenter to Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2016 DataCenter to Windows Server 2019: I successfully upgrade Windows Server 2012r2 to Windows Server 2016 datacenter. I then attempted to upgrade Windows Server 2016 data Center to Windows Server 2019 data center. After I mount the 2019 ISO and accept . The 2019 Setup won't allow me to Keep personal files and...
  3. Windows server 2019 file server backup server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2019 file server backup server.: Hello,So basically I have a server running server 2019 dedicated for files and all the network drives / users home spaces etc. What I really want to do is get another server and set the new server up as a fail back. So, if there's any issues with the main server it will...
  4. Windows server 2019 file server backup server.

Windows server 2019 file server backup server.: Hello,So basically I have a server running server 2019 dedicated for files and all the network drives / users home spaces etc. What I really want to do is get another server and set the new server up as a fail back. So, if there's any issues with the main server it will...
  5. Windows server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2019: I have a Key to activate Windows Server 2019. Currently on the PC I have Windows Server 2019 Evaluation with GUI installed. When I try to activate it through the activation tab I get the error code 0x80070032 returned. I can provide more information if needed, i am also...
  6. Windows server 2019

Windows server 2019: I have a Key to activate Windows Server 2019. Currently on the PC I have Windows Server 2019 Evaluation with GUI installed. When I try to activate it through the activation tab I get the error code 0x80070032 returned. I can provide more information if needed, i am also...
  7. Server 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2019: OK, here goes. I Have never posted a question to this, or any, forum regarding windows before, but I'm stumped. I'll try and be as clear as possible. The scenario: A newly installed windows Server 2019 standard running a Client/Server software called Dentrix. The server...
  8. Windows Server 2012/R2 ... Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Server 2012/R2 ... Windows Server 2019: Windows Server 2012 / R2 ... conversion to Windows Server 2019 We have been successfully launching an access application via remote desktop for years so that the desktop is not available to the user, but the application is started directly. So far we have had this running on...
  9. Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Server 2019: Hello, I have a question to the new Windows Server 2019. Is it possible to divide a windows host server for performance sharing? With multiple users working on it at the same time. As an example, that multiple users can play simultaneously on this server? Thus, only the...
  10. Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Server 2019: My family is using Windows 2016 Essentials. What is our upgrade path to Windows 2019 Server? Our server has 2 cores. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2019/e0e655e0-af27-4955-86f2-32f015eb0fff