Windows 10: Our University forced us to download a malware for online classes

Discus and support Our University forced us to download a malware for online classes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded RESPONDUS which is a lockdown browser without knowing that it accesses all of my privileges and know I cannot even uninstall an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlainVEM, Sep 19, 2020.

1. AlainVEM Win User

Our University forced us to download a malware for online classes

I downloaded RESPONDUS which is a lockdown browser without knowing that it accesses all of my privileges and know I cannot even uninstall an application and my computer lags all the time. How do I reset all of these to default? Uninstalling Respondus does not revert what it changed in my laptop. Should I reformat my laptop? Will reformatting set everything to default and go back normal? I talked to a friend who also had same issue and reformatted her laptop but did not revert back to normal, meaning the changes RESPONDUS made to her laptop even after reformatting is still there, the only solution was she must set everything manually. Please help me and ban RESPONDUS from Microsoft OS.

:)

AlainVEM, Sep 19, 2020
  2. [Ion] Win User

New Build or Notebook (University)

I'd suggest a laptop. I'm at university now, and the ability to work anywhere and type notes in class is marvelous. Particularly since you're commuting, I would expect that you'll have a good deal of time spent at university sitting around between classes; for this, a laptop would be extremely useful. Before I'd commit to this, however, I'd suggest that you find a laptop that you're interested in that would serve you well for everything you do.

[Ion], Sep 19, 2020
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Sep 19, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

sourceforge bundles malware

From the main Filezilla Sourceforge page you can also browse the files, this is usually used for downloading older versions but you can download the latest version as well through there. At the top right of the file list is an option to switch to "Direct Download Link" to On. So anything you download from the file list will be the actual file, not the malware filled Sourceforge installer.

newtekie1, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Our University forced us to download a malware for online classes - Similar Threads - University forced download

2. Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers: Hello,I'm running windows server 2019 standard as host server with hyper V which has been activated fine with a product key.I have windows server 2019 standard that running on hyper V which I want to activate as well.Each of my attempts to activate the second 2019 server gets...
  3. Stuck in a rut with a laptop I use for online classes

in Cortana
    Stuck in a rut with a laptop I use for online classes: I have a recent problem wherein my Dell Laptop Inspiron 15 5000 Series with windows 10 suddenly stopped working, as it doesn't log in to any accounts. We restarted it a lot of times then after lots of hard resets, it logged in a common User account. After that, the wallpaper...
  4. Windows edge forced on us in the new update?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows edge forced on us in the new update?: (time line is loose!) about 2 weeks ago my pc updated, and forced installed edge on my computer, I uninstalled it because I do not want it. Today it updated again I think, and now I have Edge again!!! Except this time I am unable to remove it as the "uninstall" option is...
  5. Windows edge forced on us in the new update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows edge forced on us in the new update?: (time line is loose!) about 2 weeks ago my pc updated, and forced installed edge on my computer, I uninstalled it because I do not want it. Today it updated again I think, and now I have Edge again!!! Except this time I am unable to remove it as the "uninstall" option is...
  6. Should Windows users file a class action suit for forced updates/malware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should Windows users file a class action suit for forced updates/malware: I have been a windows user since Windows 95. I have had every version except ME and 2000. I purchased this product in good faith, that it would be the same reliable, trustworthy operating system I've used for more than 20 years. I was not aware that Microsoft had become so...
  7. My University Forcing Me to Change My Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My University Forcing Me to Change My Pin: My computer is setup with my personal email, but I had to sign-in in word with my school email to use Microsoft office. Now my computer is saying "my organization needs me to change my PIN" to a 6-digit PIN, but I want to keep my 4-digit PIN. It says this while logging in...
  8. Malware Attack - Our server is down

Malware Attack - Our server is down: Hi, we had a malware attack yesterday midnight and we are not able to access all our files, our server files are showing the following extension HappyThreeChoose Can you help us resolve this, Best Regards,...
  9. Malware Attack - Our server is down

Malware Attack - Our server is down: Hi, we had a malware attack yesterday midnight and we are not able to access all our files, our server files are showing the following extension HappyThreeChoose Can you help us resolve this, Best Regards,...
  10. Stop forcing us to use a dang pin.

Stop forcing us to use a dang pin.: Microsoft, Stop forcing us to use a dang pin. I DON'T EVER WANT TO USE IT, so stop forcing me to use one every single time I reboot my PC or every few times. How can I stop this from happening permanently its very very very annoying. I only want to use a password....