Windows 10: Out-of-band release for Security Bulletin MS14-068

Discus and support Out-of-band release for Security Bulletin MS14-068 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On Tuesday, November 18, 2014, at approximately 10 a.m. PST, we will release an out-of-band security update to address a vulnerability in Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Nov 17, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Out-of-band release for Security Bulletin MS14-068

Source...

Update: Security Bulletin MS14-068 released - MSRC - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

:)

labeeman, Nov 17, 2014

2. IE zero day, does is impact IE on WP8?

In the TechNet article mentioned, there is a link to the security bulletin,
    MS14-021.
    This bulletin lists the affected systems and can be shared with your clients.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Greg [MSFT], Nov 17, 2014
  3. Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for January 10, 2017

Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for January 10, 2017
    Note: There may be latency issues due to replication, if the page does not display keep refreshing
    Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin(s).
    Note: »www.microsoft.com/techne ··· security and »www.microsoft.com/security
    are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins! ANY e-mail, web board or newsgroup posting (including this one) should be verified by visiting these sites for official information. Microsoft never sends security or other updates as
    attachments. These updates must be downloaded from the microsoft.com download center or Windows Update. See the individual bulletins for details.

Because some malicious messages attempt to masquerade as official Microsoft security notices, it is recommended that you physically type the URLs into your web browser and not click on the hyperlinks provided.

Bulletin Summary:

Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for January 2017

Critical (2)
    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-002
    Security Update for Microsoft Office (3214291)
    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-002 - Important
    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-003
    Security Update for Adobe Flash Player 3214628

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-003 - Critical

Important (2)
    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-001
    Security Update for Microsoft Edge (3199709)
    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-001 - Important
    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-004
    Security Update for Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (3216771)

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-004 - Important

Please note that Microsoft may release bulletins out side of this schedule if we determine the need to do so.

If you have any questions regarding the patch or its implementation after reading the above listed bulletin you should contact: For home users, no-charge support for security updates (only!) is available by calling 800-MICROSOFT (800-642-7676) in the US
    or 877-568-2495 in Canada.

Note: Microsoft states that after the January 2017 Update Tuesday release, they will only publish update information to the portal
    {{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK [MVP], Nov 17, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Thanks for the post/information.
    Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Nov 17, 2014
  5. Phone Man Win User
    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS14-068 - Critical

According to this note, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8-8.1 will be offered the update but are not vulnerable but does improve their protection. Looks like only Server OS's are labeled Critical. Windows 10 will also get the update.

Jim
    Out-of-band release for Security Bulletin MS14-068 [​IMG]

Phone Man, Nov 17, 2014
  6. cpupro Win User
    Thank you for the information.

cpupro, Nov 17, 2014
  7. CountMike New Member
    Got all the updates for 8.1 but there's nothing for 10.

CountMike, Nov 18, 2014
  8. Mooly Win User

I've got two updates today. One is optional (KB3000850) of over 700mb size ! The other "important" one was only around 1.5mb as I recall, KB3011780. Haven't installed the big one yet. Had the small one on Vista yesterday.

Mooly, Nov 18, 2014
  9. CountMike New Member
    That optional one just managed to make me problems in Win 8.1.1. No proper shutdown or restart after that and the important one. Tried all usual remedies and nothing helped. Still troubleshooting. Now I'm afraid to try them on 10 even if I get them.

CountMike, Nov 18, 2014
  10. swarfega Win User
    This hasn't come through for me yet.

swarfega, Nov 18, 2014
  11. Mooly Win User
    That doesn't sound good. Would you believe its still not finished. Over an hour to download and install. A long reboot. I then left it for a while and did another restart. Now running a full disk clean and that has been going for nearly an hour now. Disk cleanup in 8.1 is horrific, I dread running it because its so slow, even if there is nothing much to clean.

I noticed this update took some 3.5 gb space and disk clean only found 0.25gb to clean. And an hour later and its still running.

How green is that Microsoft ? All those W8.1 PC's churning away. I bet if you added it all up, an update like this takes the equivalent of taking the full output of several power stations for several hours to complete.

Mooly, Nov 18, 2014
  12. The most important thing you can do is to leave your PC alone whilst it applies the 700mb update. I would suggest overnight as hours later it is still up to something in housekeeping mode. Looks like a huge update in a small compressed packet but you have to allow plenty of time for the PC to work on it. SSD and a faster PC with lots of cores are quicker but even so I suggest overnight. One of my virtual machines decided it needed a further update and is installing on shut-down.

Indianatone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Out-of-band release for Security Bulletin MS14-068 - Similar Threads - band release Security

2. Microsoft Monthly Security Bulletin and briefing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Monthly Security Bulletin and briefing: I never received a notification for the Microsoft Monthly Security Updates, nor an invitation to the calls for March and April 2023. I received them regularly until then. Has the notification process been changed?Thanks in advance....
  3. Windows Server out-of-band update addressing authentication issues released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server out-of-band update addressing authentication issues released: Microsoft released updates for various Windows Server versions that address issues that were experienced after installation of the May 2022 security updates. [ATTACH] The updates address the authentication issues and the Microsoft Store app installation issues. The released...
  4. Android Security Bulletin released for May 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Android Security Bulletin released for May 2020: The Android Security Bulletin contains details of security vulnerabilities affecting Android devices. Security patch levels of 2020-02-05 or later address all of these issues. To learn how to check a device's security patch level, see Check and update your Android version....
  5. Android Security Bulletin released for April 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Android Security Bulletin released for April 2020: The Android Security Bulletin contains details of security vulnerabilities affecting Android devices. Security patch levels of 2020-02-05 or later address all of these issues. To learn how to check a device's security patch level, see Check and update your Android version....
  6. Microsoft releases out-of-band update for Windows connectivity issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases out-of-band update for Windows connectivity issues: Microsoft has published out-of-band updates for the Windows connectivity issue that it acknowledged last week-The updates are not available via Windows Update, WSUS or other update management systems at the time of writing but only on the Microsoft Update Catalog website as...
  7. Android Security Bulletin released for March 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Android Security Bulletin released for March 2020: The Android Security Bulletin contains details of security vulnerabilities affecting Android devices. Security patch levels of 2020-02-05 or later address all of these issues. To learn how to check a device's security patch level, see Check and update your Android version....
  8. Android Security Bulletin released for February 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Android Security Bulletin released for February 2020: The Android Security Bulletin contains details of security vulnerabilities affecting Android devices. Security patch levels of 2020-02-05 or later address all of these issues. To learn how to check a device's security patch level, see Check and update your Android version....
  9. Android Security Bulletin released for January 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Android Security Bulletin released for January 2020: The Android Security Bulletin contains details of security vulnerabilities affecting Android devices. Security patch levels of 2020-01-05 or later address all of these issues. To learn how to check a device's security patch level, see Check and update your Android version....
  10. Android Security Bulletin released for December 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Android Security Bulletin released for December 2019: The Android Security Bulletin contains details of security vulnerabilities affecting Android devices. Security patch levels of 2019-12-05 or later address all of these issues. To learn how to check a device's security patch level, see Check and update your Android version....