Windows 10: out of browser web links take forever to open

Discus and support out of browser web links take forever to open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am building a system for my cousin, Bard new system, all virgin parts and a brand new installation of Windows 10. Everything is running just fine,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cloud8521, Dec 5, 2017.

1. cloud8521 Win User

out of browser web links take forever to open

I am building a system for my cousin, Bard new system, all virgin parts and a brand new installation of Windows 10.
    Everything is running just fine, EXCEPT one problem!

When i click on any links which are in other programs besides the web browsers they seem to take up to 10 minutes to open inside the browser.

Examples of places where links can take forever to open in any browser:
    -G-force experience
    -CPU-z validation and about pages
    -AMD installation ads
    -Windows 10 settings

Things not affected by the problem
    -desktop web shortcuts
    -opening links in browser itself

Things not causing the issue
    -AVG (happened before it was installed, turned off all shields just in case)
    -Firewall (turned of fully to check)
    -DNS (tried alternates to see if it would be resolved)

:)

cloud8521, Dec 5, 2017

2. Web links in other apps take forever to open in browser

Hi MonicaA1,

In case you already tried the provided troubleshooting by Robelene Win and failed, you can try to run the
    Windows app troubleshooter and see if this will make any changes about the issue.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Dec 5, 2017
  3. ellaryk Win User
    Web links in other apps take forever to open in browser

Didn't fix either problem.

ellaryk, Dec 5, 2017
  4. out of browser web links take forever to open

This may not help you much but I feel your pain. I had a similar experience when opening links from Outlook. 30+ seconds to open. Same deal in Edge and IE. I tried all kinds of things, turning Defender off etc. In the end, the issue was something in Office 2016 Pro x64 and the Windows 10 x64 Fall update. Before the fall update everything worked fine. After uninstalling office and installing the 32 bit version all is back to normal.

alphanumeric, Dec 5, 2017
  5. cloud8521 Win User
    Unfortunately this will not help since office is not installed on the system

cloud8521, Dec 5, 2017
  6. Ok, had a feeling that's how it would go. It had me scratching my head, very very frustrating to say the least.

alphanumeric, Dec 5, 2017
  7. cloud8521 Win User
    Yeah, its weird because his system is faster than mine atm (although my new cpu is an 1800x and his is a 1700 mine is testing slower... so for some reason my cpu is testing under most 1700 cpus atm... )

but yeah this link problem is making me want to tear out my hair

cloud8521, Dec 5, 2017
  8. cloud8521 Win User

Still no good... may try reinstalling to see if that fixes things...

cloud8521, Dec 7, 2017
  9. cloud8521 Win User
    Was no need, seems to have fixed itself. Did nothing and it was all good

cloud8521, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. out of browser web links take forever to open - Similar Threads - browser web links

2. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web browsers wont open: i have been using chrome for a while now and it worked perfectly and it still does but i wanted to switch to other browsers but whenever i open them they are open for split second then they crashthis doesnt happen for chrome or microsoft edge but it does happen for opera and...
  3. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web browsers wont open: i have been using chrome for a while now and it worked perfectly and it still does but i wanted to switch to other browsers but whenever i open them they are open for split second then they crashthis doesnt happen for chrome or microsoft edge but it does happen for opera and...
  4. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No web browsers opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No web browsers opening: For the past few weeks barely any of my web browsers have been opening. When I try to open chrome, Firefox or opera, a blank windows appears for half a second and the app never opens. The only browsers that seem to be working are Vivaldi and edge. submitted by...
  6. File Explorer takes forever to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer takes forever to open: Idk if it's something I've done, but right after updating Windows today the File Explorer takes 20-30s to open when I click it on the taskbar. However if I click a folder on the Desktop it opens immediately. Anyone else having the same problem or knows how to solve it?...
  7. Laptop taking forever to open Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop taking forever to open Windows: For the past few days, it takes about 25 minutes for my laptop to boot up and the login page to appear. Once I've logged in, everything is basically okay. I've tried chkdsk /f, running virus checks, going back to previous restore points and disabling unnecessary startup apps,...
  8. Laptop taking forever to open Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop taking forever to open Windows: For the past few days, it takes about 25 minutes for my laptop to boot up and the login page to appear. Once I've logged in, everything is basically okay. I've tried chkdsk /f, running virus checks, going back to previous restore points and disabling unnecessary startup apps,...
  9. File Explorer - takes forever to open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - takes forever to open: File Explorer has always opened immediately (for 20 odd years). Suddenly it (Quick Access) takes so long that it's just not worth trying to use it (but of course one must). Anyone have any ideas about how Explorer could be affected by a recent update or other event? Or...
  10. Link via Discord/Steam takes forever to open.

in Browsers and Email
    Link via Discord/Steam takes forever to open.: Hey Tenforum community, I am having trouble opening links that get send to me via discord/steam. Normally it instantly open in Chrome. But now it takes ~30 sec to open a link in chrome when I click on it. If I copy the link manually and paste it in url bar it open...