Windows 10: Out of curiosity - what would happen if the OneDrive folder is stored within on encrypted...

Discus and support Out of curiosity - what would happen if the OneDrive folder is stored within on encrypted... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the sake of argument, just ignore the Personal Vault option gets locked after 20 minutes I wonder: what would happen if the OneDrive folder moved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike_884, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Mike_884 Win User

Out of curiosity - what would happen if the OneDrive folder is stored within on encrypted...

For the sake of argument, just ignore the Personal Vault option gets locked after 20 minutes

I wonder: what would happen if the OneDrive folder moved to an encrypted partition?

if possible sync with online OneDrive to take place after unlocking that partition

Right now, anyone having access to your PC also has access to your local files on X:\OneDrive, hence one needs to encrypt thembefore storing on OneDrive.

But then again, what if the partition with OneDrive is encrypted?

Frankly, I didn't try myself: I didn't want to mess things up...

Vainly searched for a thread on some Microsoft forum, instead I hit on 3rd party tools.

:)

Mike_884, Feb 19, 2020

2. Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Can't encrypt or password protect folders?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced.
    I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Are you logging-in using Administrator User account?
    • Is this issue specific to any particular folder or persist in all the folders?

Encrypting File System (EFS) is a feature of Windows that you can use to store information on your hard disk in an encrypted format. Encryption is the strongest protection that Windows provides to help you keep your information secure. I suggest you to try
    log-in through other Administrator account and perform the below given steps to encrypt the folder and check if it works:

How to encrypt a file

• Right-click (or tap and hold) a file or folder and select Properties.
    • Select the Advanced... button and select the Encrypt contents to secure data check box.
    • Select OK to close the Advanced Attributes window, select
      Apply, and then select OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Out of curiosity - what would happen if the OneDrive folder is stored within on encrypted...

onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Out of curiosity - what would happen if the OneDrive folder is stored within on encrypted...

1. Out of curiosity - what would happen if the OneDrive folder is stored within on encrypted... - Similar Threads - curiosity happen OneDrive

2. Out of curiosity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of curiosity: With a new Windows Backup and Restore coming, I have read that it can backup and restore your files and now apps... my concern is creating a disk image. Will you still be able to do that like in Windows Backup and Restore Windows7?...
  3. Out of curiosity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of curiosity: With a new Windows Backup and Restore coming, I have read that it can backup and restore your files and now apps... my concern is creating a disk image. Will you still be able to do that like in Windows Backup and Restore Windows7?...
  4. What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?: I really want to clear up some space on my computer, and the biggest file I have is SWTOOLS, but I don't know what it does, and I want to delete it, but I fear it will stop my computer from working. What would happen if I deleted that folder? It is a whopping 9.77 GB and my...
  5. What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?: I really want to clear up some space on my computer, and the biggest file I have is SWTOOLS, but I don't know what it does, and I want to delete it, but I fear it will stop my computer from working. What would happen if I deleted that folder? It is a whopping 9.77 GB and my...
  6. What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. EFS encryption for OneDrive folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EFS encryption for OneDrive folders: Hi, in our organization we have EFS encryption policy to encrypt all files and folders in Desktop and Documents. We are going to activate OneDrive For Business backup know folders synchronization but EFS stopped to encrypt local files on the Desktop everything ok for...
  8. Have A Folder Within OneDrive Folder Not Sync

Have A Folder Within OneDrive Folder Not Sync: Hi, I have a folder within my OneDrive folder that I would like to keep from syncing. How can I make it so that this folder is not synced? Thanks in advance...
  9. What would happen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What would happen?: Hypothetical question: What would happen if I were to download the insider slow 2004 update and then once installed properly, and if i removed insider program afterwards, would i still be on the 2004 update after removal of the insider program or would it force me to go back...
  10. Hardlinked files within OneDrive folders

Hardlinked files within OneDrive folders: Hello, I have a simple question because I cannot figure out OneDrive's behaviour in this scenario. Suppose I have some text file in a OneDrive subfolder that I need to reference in several different projects, simultaneously. I want to keep only one copy of this file, but...