Windows 10: Out of disk space pop up

Discus and support Out of disk space pop up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A pop up on the lower right corner of my screen comes up and says I am out of disk space on my F drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EH50, Dec 11, 2018.

1. EH50 Win User

Out of disk space pop up

A pop up on the lower right corner of my screen comes up and says I am out of disk space on my F drive.

:)

2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Dec 12, 2018
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Out of disk space pop up

hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Out of disk space pop up

1. Out of disk space pop up - Similar Threads - disk space pop

2. Slowly running out of disk space - Cannot determine what's taking up disk space - System...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slowly running out of disk space - Cannot determine what's taking up disk space - System...: I had 105GB free on my C: drive, but after installing one WU Windows Update, it dropped down to 99,9GB. There's also Microsoft.SharePoint.exe process running, and it's stuck, consuming all the disk space. Now I have 99.2GB free. I cleaned up Prefetch, Local & Windows Temp...
  3. Slowly running out of disk space - Cannot determine what's taking up disk space - System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slowly running out of disk space - Cannot determine what's taking up disk space - System...: I had 105GB free on my C: drive, but after installing one WU Windows Update, it dropped down to 99,9GB. There's also Microsoft.SharePoint.exe process running, and it's stuck, consuming all the disk space. Now I have 99.2GB free. I cleaned up Prefetch, Local & Windows Temp...
  4. Slowly running out of disk space - Cannot determine what's taking up disk space - System...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ran out of ONEDRIVE disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ran out of ONEDRIVE disk space: Ran out of 5gb of ONEDRIVE space. Don't need Office 365 nor 1TB for $6.99 per month. Any other economical options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ran-out-of-onedrive-disk-space/aabf157b-dd88-4699-8826-5e6556a491b2
  6. This popped up out of nowhere

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This popped up out of nowhere: Hello all, my first time posting a question here. Today, I was installing the Launcher from Epic Games, and noticed they take up quite a lot of space 300-500mb for an installer. I do not remember Steam taking up that much space, but I may be wrong. However, what was weird is...
  7. Back up space on disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up space on disk: It looks like this. My question is, how much can I delete without loosing my files. I have 945gb on my disk. So I need only to backup whats on the computer. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Is each file with the same data in, but just updated with new files, or do I need all the...
  8. Freeing up Disk Space??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeing up Disk Space??: My computer is almost new with almost no programs added. I've also gone through and deleted some unwanted programs. Yet it won't let me add anything new because it says I don't have enough disk space. My sister thinks I may have a virus but I can't even install anti-virus...
  9. low disk space drive D pop up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    low disk space drive D pop up: The pop up concerning low disk space on drive D is driving me nuts! Sure would appreciate advice as to how I can delete it for good! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-disk-space-drive-d-pop-up/65ab12f5-6884-4069-ac41-5e9d356b053d
  10. continual Disk Space warning pop up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    continual Disk Space warning pop up: I get this message "Low Disk Space. You are running out of disk space on Local Drive (F:). Click here to free up space on this drive. Windows Explorer" The disk shows it is low in the red zone, but nothing is on it.. . 0 bytes. I converted to Windows 10 when it came out,...