Windows 10: "Out of memory" when copying files

Discus and support "Out of memory" when copying files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to copy files from a smaller external hard drive into a larger one. I first tried just highlighting the biggest file, selecting copy, going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jezza819, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Jezza819 Win User

"Out of memory" when copying files

I'm trying to copy files from a smaller external hard drive into a larger one. I first tried just highlighting the biggest file, selecting copy, going to the new drive and selecting paste. The copying process started but after a few minutes I got the error message "out of memory". So I've been trying to copy smaller sections of files to try and get around this problem. Sometimes it works but sometimes I still get the out of memory message.

How do I fix this? When trying to copy 1.8TB of files being able to do it all at one time would really help. Having to go down to 10gb or so each time would really drag this process out.

:)

Jezza819, Jan 30, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jan 30, 2019
  4. "Out of memory" when copying files

Delicieuxz, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

"Out of memory" when copying files

1. "Out of memory" when copying files - Similar Threads - memory copying files

2. Out of memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of memory: Hello.I have an issue the latest month.Appears a message day by day about"out of memory".When run 3 for example programs or ia have open several tabs of chrome .The system freezing.Appears for a s econd black screen e.t.c I run several times scanning with norton.Nothing...
  3. Out of memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of memory: Hello.I have an issue the latest month.Appears a message day by day about"out of memory".When run 3 for example programs or ia have open several tabs of chrome .The system freezing.Appears for a s econd black screen e.t.c I run several times scanning with norton.Nothing...
  4. Out of Memory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Out of Memory: Hi, I have a legacy app written in C++ VS2015. This app has been installed on various PC's under Windows 7 to Windows 10. The app runs fine with no issues. A customer in Libya has installed the exact same app and when they try to run this app it generates an immediate "Out...
  5. Out of Memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Out of Memory: hi everyone recently i've noticed Windows 10 is constantly nagging me about out of memory especially with Chrome open. sometimes it freezes and i have two hold power button twice to start up again. i have 16 GB DDR3 RAM. what can i do to fix it because for years i was running...
  6. Out Of Memory When Copying From USB Card Reader

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Out Of Memory When Copying From USB Card Reader: Win 10 Pro 1903 (18362.1082) Copying to a Hybrid drive with 400Gb space 12Gb Ram Transferring about 3Gb of video files from a card reader to the PC and the speed see-sawed between about 28Mb/sec and zero where it stayed for around 10 seconds before resuming again. This...
  7. Windows 10 - memory filling with multiple copies of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - memory filling with multiple copies of files: Help. I am using Windows 10 on an ASUS Notebook I think one of my employees may have downloaded or allowed malware onto it. The C drive memory is filling with multiple copies of copies of copies of files until the memory is full. I was first told about it when the...
  8. Fix Out of Memory error while copying files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Out of Memory error while copying files on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Both, the Hard drive and RAM play a major role in performing any operation on a computer. Every task or a process that takes place in a computer requires some RAM storage as well as Hard drive storage to be executed. [...] This post Fix Out of Memory error...
  9. Windows Explorer is maxing out memory when viewing large files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer is maxing out memory when viewing large files: i have an issue on a number of Windows 10 machines. So i do not believe that this is Hardware related. if i open a folder which has large file “xlsx for example” then the Memory starts to be eaten up until it gets to 100% and the machine then stops working. You you open a...
  10. Not enough memory to copy .PES files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not enough memory to copy .PES files: We use Embird files with .pes extension. This afternoon, I can no longer copy the files to a USB which is used to transfer files to my Destiny embroidery machine. The file size is 51KB yet we get a message that says "There is not enough memory to complete this operation "...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. out of memory when copying files

2. windows file copy out of memory

3. out of memory wen copying dvd