Windows 10: 'out of paper' message

Discus and support 'out of paper' message in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The printer keeps saying it is out of paper but it isn't. It wont print.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmyJ27, Jun 29, 2019.

1. AmyJ27 Win User

'out of paper' message

The printer keeps saying it is out of paper but it isn't. It wont print.

:)

AmyJ27, Jun 29, 2019

2. Cannot find scanned paper

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if printer driver is corrupt or it is not installed properly.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • When you say that "I scanned a paper but cannot find where", are you able to scan the paper using the scanner?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on printer related issues and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 29, 2019
  3. removing out of paper error message from Printer software

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

As you are getting an error message that your printer is out of papers even if it’s not. Don’t worry, we are here to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps. First, let’s run the hardware troubleshooter on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run
    Printer troubleshooter and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Printer".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, let’s update the drivers on your computer and check if it helps.

Method 2:

• Press Windows logo + X Key.

• Select Device manager.

• Right click on the printer device in device manager.

• Click on Update driver software.

Also follow the steps from the below link and check:

Fix printer problems

Hope it helps. Do let us know the status of the issue. If you need further assistance, get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

'out of paper' message

How can I print a Half Sheet (5.5 x 8.5 inch) paper in Excel Office 365

Hi MarshaTravis,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps, to print a Half Sheet paper in Excel.

1. Open the Excel Spreadsheet.
    2. Go to File, click on Print.
    3. Under the Print Settings, select the option "Custom Scaling".
    4. Then select the option "Custom Scaling Options".
    5. Under Page tab, select the option "Adjust to:" Change the value to 50%.
    6. Click OK, and try to print the Excel paper.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No

Mithin_EJ, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

'out of paper' message

1. 'out of paper' message - Similar Threads - 'out paper' message

2. Printer - locked - says out of paper network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer - locked - says out of paper network: Printer - locked - says out of paper network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-locked-says-out-of-paper-network/77f94d40-7685-47b4-8519-23750d666f2b
  3. Printer - locked - says out of paper network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer - locked - says out of paper network: Printer - locked - says out of paper network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-locked-says-out-of-paper-network/77f94d40-7685-47b4-8519-23750d666f2b
  4. Permanent fix to the "Out of paper but printer does have paper" problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanent fix to the "Out of paper but printer does have paper" problem?: Referring to: windows 10 says printer out of paper, but the printer has paper and - Microsoft CommunityRestarting the spooler service fixes it, but only temporarily. This issue keeps coming back, and restarting the spooler service every time becomes tedious very quickly...
  5. Why do I keep getting the message that my printer is out of paper

Why do I keep getting the message that my printer is out of paper: Why does my printer keep telling me that it is out of paper when it's not? I have adjusted the paper several times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-keep-getting-the-message-that-my-printer/75d488df-b4bc-408b-88e0-564be8e91365
  6. Win10 says printer is out of paper when it isn't

Win10 says printer is out of paper when it isn't: My printer ran out of paper, so I refilled it. Unfortunately, Win10 continued to say the printer was out of paper even after the paper tray was refilled and the printer was happy back at the main menu. I finally found a plea for help from back in Aug 2016 for the same...
  7. My printer gives me an error message "the printer is out of paper".

My printer gives me an error message "the printer is out of paper".: My printer gives me an error message "the printer is out of paper". It is not. Will not feed paper; and, it growls like it is missing a driver. Once I got an error message "carriage cannot move" and instructed me to clear the paper path. No paper jam! That message...
  8. Windows Fax and Scan paper size grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan paper size grayed out: The Windows Fax and Scan program does not let you select paper size (e.g. Letter vs Legal) IF you select glass instead of document feeder. It always scans legal size when using the glass. I searched for this and see it reported as far back as 2015. Apparently Microsoft does...
  9. my samsung printer says it is out of paper

my samsung printer says it is out of paper: my printer says it is out of paper but it isn't. i just used it and now it wont work. what can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-samsung-printer-says-it-is-out-of-paper/a5d66616-4314-4e86-81d6-59f4e1b917cf
  10. Printer error: Out of Paper. It is not.

Printer error: Out of Paper. It is not.: Following last W10 update my printer will not print. HP psc 1315 all in one. Tried cleaning spoolers, resetting printer, downloading drivers again although 'best drivers already installed' (as rec by MS), cleared cache. It was fine two days prior to update. Not very...