Windows 10: Out-of-place and bugged titles in Settings, using en-US sys language

Discus and support Out-of-place and bugged titles in Settings, using en-US sys language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have a problem Since I have Windows 10 Home Single Language, I resorted to using DISM and some downloaded language packs to change my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kensta1092, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Out-of-place and bugged titles in Settings, using en-US sys language

Hello guys, I have a problem
    Since I have Windows 10 Home Single Language, I resorted to using DISM and some downloaded language packs to change my system language from UK English to US English (en-US) via command prompt ran as Administrator. It was carried out with success, but shortly after, I found some rather disturbing bugs with it.

Whenever I enter 'Settings', and go to some specific settings, the titles for such settings are completely out-of-place and doesn't even make sense on said settings. Screenshots are coming up:

Out-of-place and bugged titles in Settings, using en-US sys language [​IMG]

And the most hilariously nonsensical one of them all, which is the resolution change prompt:

Do I have to find another en-US language pack and reinstall it while deleting the current one? Or I have to re-grab the UK English language pack and stick with that? Other than this, I don't know what else to do.

I know, I have a case of OCD with my personal belongings, and this is probably where it led to a terrible result. I'm running on Windows 10 ver 1607, 64-bit

Regards,
    Kensta

P.S. I made sure the language pack I used was for build 14393 and is for 64-bit

:)

Kensta1092, Dec 2, 2016

2. Local Scout not available bug

Hi,

I bought a Lumia 920 in France and after changing all the regional settings to my liking the Local Scout app stopped working. It reported that was not available in my Country/Region.

It turns out that even though France is defined as the Country/region, Local scout will only startup if France is also defined as the Browser language setting.

I do believe that it is a bug as the prefered language for the browser should not be used to determined the location.

Regards

PS: Is there any official place for bug/issue reporting?

ZhenRaider, Dec 2, 2016
  3. ThofikhAhamad, Dec 2, 2016
  4. Out-of-place and bugged titles in Settings, using en-US sys language

I hate bumping, but this thread has been pushed 3 pages back xD

Kensta1092, Dec 4, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    Windows Single Language editions do not support language packs.

What has happened to your Windows is typical when you use unauthorized, invalid hacks (whatever method you use to install features to an edition not supporting these features is a hack). Worst case scenario is that Windows loses its activation status when system detects unauthorized features and tampered system files.

In your case the best you can do is to revert back to original language getting completely rid of any language pack or other feature not supported by your Windows edition, either restoring a system image or clean installing using the single language edition you are entitled to.

Notice that clean installing using another single language edition will not activate with digital license: although Windows product keys and activation are bit version and language independent (32 bit French Windows 10 PRO can be activated with product key from 64 bit Spanish Windows 10 PRO retail box), this does not apply to single language editions. UK English Single Language product key and digital license are only valid for UK English Single Language edition.

Kari, Dec 4, 2016
  6. While I do appreciate your explanation, I've decided to re-check the Settings after Windows installed an update, and it's fixed now - no more weird setting titles anymore, it's like as if Windows installed a language pack patch or something - and it's still in the dism-installed en-US language pack.

Kensta1092, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Out-of-place and bugged titles in Settings, using en-US sys language

1. Out-of-place and bugged titles in Settings, using en-US sys language - Similar Threads - place bugged titles

2. Issue with input languages EN US for ASUS Laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with input languages EN US for ASUS Laptops: Dears ,We are facing issue with the input languages of ASUS Laptops , Sometimes accidentally writing with wrong characters and suddenly back again , As I noted this issue happened while windows searching, typing website and saving Docs . for the OFFICE PRODUCTS not that issue...
  3. Issue with input languages EN US for ASUS Laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with input languages EN US for ASUS Laptops: Dears ,We are facing issue with the input languages of ASUS Laptops , Sometimes accidentally writing with wrong characters and suddenly back again , As I noted this issue happened while windows searching, typing website and saving Docs . for the OFFICE PRODUCTS not that issue...
  4. Issue with input languages EN US for ASUS Laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Mysterious EN-US Input Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious EN-US Input Language: Hello,For some strange reason I have two languages available in my taskbar, ENG-UK and ENG-US. It's a bit annoying having ENG-US there, as I don't actually have this language pack, display language, input method, keyboard layout etc... installed anywhere!I'm pretty tech savvy...
  6. Mysterious EN-US Input Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious EN-US Input Language: Hello,For some strange reason I have two languages available in my taskbar, ENG-UK and ENG-US. It's a bit annoying having ENG-US there, as I don't actually have this language pack, display language, input method, keyboard layout etc... installed anywhere!I'm pretty tech savvy...
  7. Change OSLanguage from EN-US to EN-GB

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change OSLanguage from EN-US to EN-GB: Hi there,We have some machines on our estate that where imaged using the wrong OSLanguage, these where issued as EN-US instead of EN-GB, in the grand scheme of things its not a huge problem for us as we have changed the default keyboard layout to EN-GB but does anyone know if...
  8. Language settings set UK but spell check uses US

in Windows 10 Support
    Language settings set UK but spell check uses US: Win 10 Home. ver 1909 build 18363.476 I have language settings set to default English UK in the language section of settings - time and language. However when I type an email in Gmail it spell checks to US language e.g. colour suggests color. Is there another setting...
  9. Language locale issues EN-UK / EN-US rundll32

Language locale issues EN-UK / EN-US rundll32: I am having issues with the HP drivers for Win10; when the system language is set to EN-UK the Printing Prefernces dialog is broken whilst the Properties dialog is OK....
  10. Windows keeps adding input language (EN-US and EN-FR) automatically

Windows keeps adding input language (EN-US and EN-FR) automatically: Windows keeps adding input language (EN-US and EN-FR) automatically, and to delete them i have to add this input methods because they existe just on switching list.... but they will come back again and i have to do it all over... help me to solve this problem forever...