Windows 10: Out of Range error

Discus and support Out of Range error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently installed Windows 10 to my computer previously running beautifully on Windows 7, since Microsoft support for Windows 7 is ending. My ASUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mugwumpAZ, Jan 3, 2020.

1. mugwumpAZ Win User

Out of Range error

I recently installed Windows 10 to my computer previously running beautifully on Windows 7, since Microsoft support for Windows 7 is ending. My ASUS monitor is showing "Out of Range." I've started in safe mode numerous times, changed the display resolution, and attempted to install both the video card and monitor drivers install always fails. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

mugwumpAZ, Jan 3, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Out of Range error :p

cadaveca, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    SONY PROJECTOR VPL EX4 - FREQUENCY IS OUT OF RANGE

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the time and efforts you have taken in trying to resolve this issue. I understand that you receive an error Frequency is out of range.

I have been researching on this issue and found the similar troubleshooting steps that you have tried. However, you may want to give a try to the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Sony article

Error: Frequency Out of Range
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you get in touch with the
    Sony support team
    and check for any other settings.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Out of Range error

Help, Out Of Range!

Hi,

This issue may happen if the signal from the video adapter exceeds the scan range of your monitor. This may also occur from problematic video card and motherboard.

For us to better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've tried to resolve the issue?
    • Is the error automatically showing after booting up your PC?
    • Do you have another display cable to try aside from VGA cable?

As an initial troubleshooting step, try booting your PC in safe mode and adjust the display adapter settings
    by following the steps below:

• Once you were able to boot in safe mode, right-click on your desktop screen.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and select Display adapter properties.
    • Click on Monitor tab.
    • Under Screen refresh rate, select 60 Hertz.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Out of Range error

1. Out of Range error - Similar Threads - Range error

2. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  3. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  4. Monitor error: signal frequency is out of range please change signal timing

Monitor error: signal frequency is out of range please change signal timing: When I plug my HP Stream laptop running Windows 11 into my iiyama monitor I get the following message on the monitor:ATTENTIONSIGNAL FREQUENCY IS OUT OF RANGEH: 67.5KHz V:60.0HzPLEASE CHANGE SIGNAL TIMINGI use this same monitor with one other windows laptop and one macbook...
  5. Monitor error: signal frequency is out of range please change signal timing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor error: signal frequency is out of range please change signal timing: When I plug my HP Stream laptop running Windows 11 into my iiyama monitor I get the following message on the monitor:ATTENTIONSIGNAL FREQUENCY IS OUT OF RANGEH: 67.5KHz V:60.0HzPLEASE CHANGE SIGNAL TIMINGI use this same monitor with one other windows laptop and one macbook...
  6. A Vast Range of Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Vast Range of Errors: Hello,for clarification, these are my PC specs:Ryzen 5 3600 not OC CPU,MSI B450m PRO-VDH Max MBO,MSI Ventus 2x RTX 3060 Ti GPU,Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM,Corsair RM650 PSU,WD Green 240GB SSD Boot drive+ 2TB Seagate Barracuda.My issues started around a month ago,...
  7. A Vast Range of Errors

A Vast Range of Errors: Hello,for clarification, these are my PC specs:Ryzen 5 3600 not OC CPU,MSI B450m PRO-VDH Max MBO,MSI Ventus 2x RTX 3060 Ti GPU,Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM,Corsair RM650 PSU,WD Green 240GB SSD Boot drive+ 2TB Seagate Barracuda.My issues started around a month ago,...
  8. A Vast Range of Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. NET Framework Bad IL range error

in Windows 10 Customization
    NET Framework Bad IL range error: Hello,After every restart or start of Windows, I get such an error see picture.I have absolutely no idea what to do to make it stop. I tried to check the files System file checker - sfc scann, also the DISM command to restore the files. It no longer shows any error. But I...
  10. NET Framework Bad IL range error

NET Framework Bad IL range error: Hello,After every restart or start of Windows, I get such an error see picture.I have absolutely no idea what to do to make it stop. I tried to check the files System file checker - sfc scann, also the DISM command to restore the files. It no longer shows any error. But I...