Windows 10: Out of storage and can’t save to other drive

Discus and support Out of storage and can’t save to other drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have filled my c drive with stuff and want to fill up my d drive because it has 1tb of unused storage so I. Hangs were new content is stored and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/P1bs, May 22, 2020.

1. /u/P1bs Win User

Out of storage and can’t save to other drive

So I have filled my c drive with stuff and want to fill up my d drive because it has 1tb of unused storage so I. Hangs were new content is stored and it keeps dounloading things tk my full C drive.

submitted by /u/P1bs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/P1bs, May 22, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

hard drive full, but can<t find the item to erase

Windows 10 has the option to change the storage location. We suggest that you change the storage location so you can still use your hard drive instead of using the SSD. Kindly follow the steps below on how to change the storage location:

• On the Search bar, type in storage and select the top most result.
    • On the Storage screen, change the location of each options to your desired hard drive. The files will now be saved on the specific hard drive.

Out of storage and can’t save to other drive 47d2da23-d12c-4708-9637-ccc0766a4909.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, May 22, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Hard Drive Storage

Hi William,

In Windows 10, you can change the default Save location for apps, documents, music, picture and video files to another drive or partition. You can follow the steps below to change the default Save location:

• If your Windows 10 version is 1703 and later, go to Start Menu
      > Settings > System settings
      > Storage> Change where new content is saved.

• Otherwise, go to Start Menu > Settings
      > System settings > Storage.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 22, 2020
  4. Out of storage and can’t save to other drive

Windows 10 app saving to drives

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Out of storage and can’t save to other drive

1. Out of storage and can’t save to other drive - Similar Threads - storage can’t save

2. "D" Drive seems out of storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "D" Drive seems out of storage: Hi Everyone,I am new one to this community. I am using Windows 10 Pro 21H2 windows version OS Build: 19044.1466My "D" drive storage allocation is 278 GB and I used 108GB pretty sure including projects, photos, videos...Recently I noticed only 15.3GB is available and drive...
  3. "D" Drive seems out of storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "D" Drive seems out of storage: Hi Everyone,I am new one to this community. I am using Windows 10 Pro 21H2 windows version OS Build: 19044.1466My "D" drive storage allocation is 278 GB and I used 108GB pretty sure including projects, photos, videos...Recently I noticed only 15.3GB is available and drive...
  4. "D" Drive seems out of storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t save offline maps to other drives it only shows my windows c

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t save offline maps to other drives it only shows my windows c: Cant save offline maps in windows 10 it only shows windows c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-save-offline-maps-to-other-drives-it-only/515c2ffd-22d5-4475-888f-6d9d672e1a25
  6. Why can’t I save the EQ setting? It’s greyed out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can’t I save the EQ setting? It’s greyed out: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PeakZ_Youtube [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jtbthn/why_cant_i_save_the_eq_setting_its_greyed_out/
  7. Running out of storage in C Drive

Running out of storage in C Drive: I'm running out of storage in my C drive and tried to clean my drive. When I checked Settings>Storage, I found that out of the 239 GB space in my C drive, about 179 GB is occupied by Other people. When I clicked on Other People it showed me 3 other accounts of my family...
  8. Can’t save word Documents to Google Drive on iPad

Can’t save word Documents to Google Drive on iPad: I bought an iPad pro 2017 to make notes and write while on the go. But whenever I try to save a document to google drive - for which I spend £2.49 every month for 200GB, it comes up with the message “sorry something went wrong and this file can’t open”. Its very frustrating,...
  9. Drive storage out of space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive storage out of space: On updating Windows 10, drive C is out of space. How i can dissolve this matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-storage-out-of-space/929f282e-daf5-4d64-ad32-205e95480f2a
  10. Storage\New apps will be saved to - greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage\New apps will be saved to - greyed out: Finally got Store(Beta) working on version 10158. However when I try to move the apps to other partition the menu is greyed out. 7642

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I Save stuff on my D Drive in windows 10?