Windows 10: Out of storage when restoring system

Discus and support Out of storage when restoring system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to restore my computer after it has refused to boot up yesterday morning. It boots perfectly fine into safe mode and I can system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by denisepartridge1, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Out of storage when restoring system

Hi, I've been trying to restore my computer after it has refused to boot up yesterday morning. It boots perfectly fine into safe mode and I can system restore in the recovery menu. The problem is that I've already deleted 8 gb of space to get to 10.9 gb free, and its still saying that the system restore runs out of space. My drive size is 99.2. 10.9 free, and 88.3 used up. Do I need to clear more space or is it a bug?

:)

denisepartridge1, Jun 11, 2021

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    restore system image from command prompt, drive d: not seen by system restore

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To be able to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Are you trying to restore the system image or create a system image?
    • Are you able to see the external drive in File Explorer?
    • Could you please briefly explain the procedure that you are following to initiate a system image restore?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the articles on
    How to: Create a system image in Windows 10
    and

How to restore a Windows 10 system image to an existing or larger storage device
    created by Andre Da Costa.

Please reply with the detailed information, to help you in a better way.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Out of storage when restoring system

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Out of storage when restoring system

1. Out of storage when restoring system - Similar Threads - storage restoring system

2. Storage running out when it's not actually full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage running out when it's not actually full: Hello my computer has about 500gb of storage but seems to have run out without things installed, under installed apps it says it takes up 289gb when with all my installs together it uses just under 100gb should be two picturesAny help would be great since I've just had to...
  3. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    full storage after system restore: I just did a system restore and the storage is full disk c even though there are no big files in it other than system files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-storage-after-system-restore/c465a58f-7ab4-4910-940d-e6095bea9e6d
  4. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    full storage after system restore: I just did a system restore and the storage is full disk c even though there are no big files in it other than system files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-storage-after-system-restore/c465a58f-7ab4-4910-940d-e6095bea9e6d
  5. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. System Restore files disappear when system volume cloned or restored

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore files disappear when system volume cloned or restored: Is this behaviour intentional by Microsoft? No information is presented as a warning so unless the user examines the System Restore feature after a Windows 10 system volume is cloned or recovered, that user will be oblivious. System recovery files will apparently not...
  7. System Restore files disappear when system volume cloned or restored

in Windows 10 Support
    System Restore files disappear when system volume cloned or restored: Is this behaviour intentional by Microsoft? No information is presented as a warning so unless the user examines the System Restore feature after a Windows 10 system volume is cloned or recovered, that user will be oblivious. System recovery files will apparently not...
  8. System Restore - 'Turn on System Restore' is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore - 'Turn on System Restore' is Greyed Out: Hi folks, a couple of wierd problems... First, pc is not going to sleep when button pressed. It was doing so until the last couple of days which prompted me to run sfc/ scannow. Sfc found some file corruptions and repaired them. This didn't fix the issue however. So, I...
  9. Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?: Hi guys, Bear with me on this little odyssey. It's a bit of a ramble, and more just me moaning than asking an actual question, but if anyone can help me figure out where I was going wrong I can sleep a bit easier. I was working on a project to deploy a custom Windows image...
  10. System Restore disabled by your system administrator or is greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    System Restore disabled by your system administrator or is greyed out: [ATTACH]If you receive a System Restore is disabled by your system administrator message, this post will help you fix the problem on your Windows 10/8/7 […] This article System Restore disabled by your system administrator or is greyed out first appeared on...