Windows 10: Out of the blue my computer refuses to connect to the internet

Discus and support Out of the blue my computer refuses to connect to the internet in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am just going to add screenshots so you know what is happening. But as you can see internet IS going into the computer, but the computer is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RandyDethrow, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Out of the blue my computer refuses to connect to the internet

I am just going to add screenshots so you know what is happening. But as you can see internet IS going into the computer, but the computer is not connecting. Even though it says I'm connected to the internet, on the bottom right hand side of my monitor is a gray globe, indicating no internet connection, rather than the ethernet symbol I already tried: switching the DNS to 8.8.8.8./8.8.4.4Doing the whole ipconfig/flushdns all the way through ipconfig/renew in the command promptResetting the modem/router it shouldn't matter it's only one computer that is affected and both computers are ethernet

:)

RandyDethrow, Nov 16, 2023
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Out of the blue my computer refuses to connect to the internet 97987d1485971061t-connecting-computer-no-internet-connection-network-printer-.png
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Out of the blue my computer refuses to connect to the internet 98003d1485971061t-connecting-computer-no-internet-connection-network-printer-b.png

topgundcp, Nov 16, 2023
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Nikhar_K Win User

Out of the blue my computer refuses to connect to the internet

Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that applications show that you are not connected to Internet. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• How is the computer connected to Internet i.e. Ethernet or Wi-Fi?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

I would suggest you to try changing the network connection i.e. if the computer is connected to Internet through Wi-Fi, try using Ethernet and check if that helps.

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Fix network connection issues in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 16, 2023
Thema:

Out of the blue my computer refuses to connect to the internet

1. Out of the blue my computer refuses to connect to the internet - Similar Threads - blue computer refuses

2. Out of the blue my computer refuses to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of the blue my computer refuses to connect to the internet: I am just going to add screenshots so you know what is happening. But as you can see internet IS going into the computer, but the computer is not connecting. Even though it says I'm connected to the internet, on the bottom right hand side of my monitor is a gray globe,...
  3. Out of the blue my computer refuses to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Out of the blue my computer refuses to connect to the internet: I am just going to add screenshots so you know what is happening. But as you can see internet IS going into the computer, but the computer is not connecting. Even though it says I'm connected to the internet, on the bottom right hand side of my monitor is a gray globe,...
  4. My computer refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer refuses to connect to wifi: I feel like I have done everything but nothing will connect my computer to wifi. I have a b660 gaming x ax ddr4 computer that was working fine just yesterday. My computer runs on windows 11. Essentially the problem is that when I turned on my computer today it refused to...
  5. My computer refuses to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer refuses to connect to wifi: I feel like I have done everything but nothing will connect my computer to wifi. I have a b660 gaming x ax ddr4 computer that was working fine just yesterday. My computer runs on windows 11. Essentially the problem is that when I turned on my computer today it refused to...
  6. My Internet connection keeps timing out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Internet connection keeps timing out: Hello,I have a Dell Inspiron Windows 10 laptop computer. Lately, when I try to connect to the Internet, my connection keeps timing out. I use the Firefox, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edger browsers. With Edge, the browser keeps trying to make a connection until it gets one....
  7. My computer refuses to connect to any type of internet.

My computer refuses to connect to any type of internet.: I have no clue how this happened and why it’s happening. I cannot connect to the internet wirelessly or via cable. I have done almost everything there is to do and have found no solutions. I was told to delete and reinstall my wireless network adapter and it has not...
  8. My computer refuses to stay connected to my printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer refuses to stay connected to my printer: I have a printer connected to the wireless network at home and my computer refuses to stay connected to it. It insists that the printer is offline, however it works on everyone else's pc's and on my iDevices. Strangely enough, if I hit print and reboot the pc it works. Is...
  9. Internet drops out if computer is not connected to power

Internet drops out if computer is not connected to power: Hi all, My internet drops out if the computer is not connected to power. Running the trouble shooter suggests that an ethernet cable is unplugged. But I am connected to wifi?...
  10. Windows 10 Refusing to Connect to the Internet When USB is Connected.

Windows 10 Refusing to Connect to the Internet When USB is Connected.: I installed Forza Horizon 4 on a USB drive earlier this week and ever since, my computer is refusing to connect to the internet no matter what I do. It works almost night and day when I eject it, but the second I plug the USB in it just refuses to connect to my wi-fi....