Windows 10: Out of the sudden my games run in 5 fps or even less ?!

Discus and support Out of the sudden my games run in 5 fps or even less ?! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm literally panicking right now, I don't know what is happening but all out of the sudden every game I play works in 5 fps, I tried anything. A N Y T... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by iiCaxZEK_Dark, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Out of the sudden my games run in 5 fps or even less ?!

I'm literally panicking right now, I don't know what is happening but all out of the sudden every game I play works in 5 fps, I tried anything. A N Y T H I N G, but nothing works !!! my graphics card is a gtx 1650.

I don't know what is happening and I've been panicking for the past 3 hours

:)

iiCaxZEK_Dark, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Dull Byte Win User

Sudden FPS drop/Stutter

Since 2 days ago, I just turned on my Computer, and it starting having issues while I was playing Witcher 3 (starts with decent fpsm and then very low fps, dropping to 35, then 20, and stopping at 12 or so, in a matter of seconds, in a matter of 1min of starting the game), also stuttering without any high demanding programs, randomly. I was playing at 45-60 fps, without any stutters or sudden fps drop. Have tried other games the issue persists. Even setup everything to low settings.
    I have ran several tests with several tools, all seems normal, no sudden memory spikes, or temperature raising out of the ordinary, nothing that would indicate such an fps drop or stuttering.

MSI Afterburner

I also did the reset option on Windows10, completly cleaned out all my personal info from the windows partition.
    So at this point, I am not sure if it is a software issue or a hardware issue.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edit: I kept doing some tests to find out the issue. And this happened before and I was able to replicate it. Same thing happened as before, till I set it up to fullscreen, Alt+Tab from the game and then back to the game, FPS went up to 50 again, stable and good, dropped after a couple of seconds. After a bit it went to 2-5 fps, and I had to shutdown the game, because even the sound was getting messed up.

MSI Afterburner 2

In this image those ups and downs in the GPU usage are when the fps dropped really hard and the sound got messed up.

Dull Byte, Apr 7, 2021
  3. teresa199 Win User
    Windows 10 all my games now run on FPS 5..

Since installing windows 10 my games are now running on low fps 5 or lower i updated my nvidia driver to windows 10 and doesn't help. Would like more information about fixing this problem thank you.

teresa199, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Jose Est Win User

Out of the sudden my games run in 5 fps or even less ?!

Permanent FPS drop in all games.

Hi,

Outdated drivers, CPU-intensive processes running in the background, virus and malware infection, and CPU throttling are reasons for a sudden FPS drop when playing games.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide a suitable resolution, we would like to know the following:

• When was the last time you have installed the latest drivers on your computer as well as the latest game updates?
    • Have you checked the CPU temperature while playing games?
    • When was the last time you have cleaned your laptop?
    • When was the last time you run a full scan on your laptop to check for virus and malware?

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Out of the sudden my games run in 5 fps or even less ?!

1. Out of the sudden my games run in 5 fps or even less ?! - Similar Threads - sudden games run

2. Game will run fine then suddenly FPS drops and audio freaks out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game will run fine then suddenly FPS drops and audio freaks out: Asus Crosshair X670EAMD 7800x3D32gb ddr5 cl30NVIDIA 4090I am having an issue when playing either New World or War Thunder where the game will run perfectly fine and smooth at high FPS for a couple minutes and then suddenly drop to nearly 1-2 FPS for about 30 seconds, when it...
  3. Game will run fine then suddenly FPS drops and audio freaks out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game will run fine then suddenly FPS drops and audio freaks out: Asus Crosshair X670EAMD 7800x3D32gb ddr5 cl30NVIDIA 4090I am having an issue when playing either New World or War Thunder where the game will run perfectly fine and smooth at high FPS for a couple minutes and then suddenly drop to nearly 1-2 FPS for about 30 seconds, when it...
  4. Sudden FPS Drops in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden FPS Drops in games: Hello, So quite recently, I was forced naturally by windows to update to Windows 11. I was quite pessimistic, but then I read more about it and so I did not mind having it after ensuring that new update does not decrease your performance. Well, i hoped that's the thing, yet...
  5. Sudden FPS Drops in games

Sudden FPS Drops in games: Hello, So quite recently, I was forced naturally by windows to update to Windows 11. I was quite pessimistic, but then I read more about it and so I did not mind having it after ensuring that new update does not decrease your performance. Well, i hoped that's the thing, yet...
  6. My games are only running on like 5-10 fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games are only running on like 5-10 fps: For some reason my games in windows 10 are capped to 7-10 or 12 fps and I don't know how to fix it so if you have a solution please recommend me it will be helpful....
  7. My games are only running on like 5-10 fps

My games are only running on like 5-10 fps: For some reason my games in windows 10 are capped to 7-10 or 12 fps and I don't know how to fix it so if you have a solution please recommend me it will be helpful....
  8. FPS drops suddenly in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drops suddenly in games: Since nearly 2 months I've been experiencing issues while gaming. While playing CSGO at 48 fpscapped there tho the framerate sometimes drops from 48 to 5-6 ingame for nearly 2 to 3 minutes thus making th game unplayable during that time. It happens every 10 to 15 minutes...
  9. Sudden FPS drops in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden FPS drops in games: I have installed Windows 10 via bootcamp on my iMac 5K 2017. For years I played games on it on windows without any problem, and it gets 60fps in max graphics at 1440p resolution in many games, even in recent ones. Suddenly, without me doing anything wrong or different, I...
  10. Games running for less than half the usual fps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games running for less than half the usual fps: Hello there, this is my first time posting here so bear with me. Since 3 days ago, while i was playing a game Sekiro shadows die twice i was playing normally, capped at 60 steady fps, nothing that my PC can't handle. About 45 minutes in, the game suddenly froze for a second...