Windows 10: Out with the old, in with the new...

Discus and support Out with the old, in with the new... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello community, I have recently acquired a Dell Precision 490 which according to the Microsoft Key Tag has Windows XP Professional installed. I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AshleyGraves1976, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Out with the old, in with the new...

Hello community,

I have recently acquired a Dell Precision 490 which according to the Microsoft Key Tag has Windows XP Professional installed. I found where the drivers for this computer can be downloaded for use with Windows 10. My question is how do I remove the XP O.S., the drivers, all apps and do a clean install of windows 10, and the drivers for this machine? I have never done anything like this before and it is a project that I have taken on in effort to learn. Thanks in advance,

Ashtrey

:)

AshleyGraves1976, Mar 25, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Out with the old, in with the new...

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Out with the old, in with the new...

1. Out with the old, in with the new... - Similar Threads - old

2. Trying to reset old work laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reset old work laptop: Hi my former employer allowed me to keep laptop as they were replacing laptops. Trying to set it up by resetting but no matter what I do it keeps asking me for a login that is work or school related. Is there anyway to circumvent that?...
  3. Trying to reset old work laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reset old work laptop: Hi my former employer allowed me to keep laptop as they were replacing laptops. Trying to set it up by resetting but no matter what I do it keeps asking me for a login that is work or school related. Is there anyway to circumvent that?...
  4. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  5. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  6. Unable to remove old workplace account from personal PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove old workplace account from personal PC: All advice I've seen to date is to open the Accounts page, select the account and click Disconnect. There is no option for this. There is a Manage option, however I no longer work for the company, so have no access to manage the account. A solution other than formatting the...
  7. Unable to remove old workplace account from personal PC

Unable to remove old workplace account from personal PC: All advice I've seen to date is to open the Accounts page, select the account and click Disconnect. There is no option for this. There is a Manage option, however I no longer work for the company, so have no access to manage the account. A solution other than formatting the...
  8. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  9. Can't find old Windows activation key

Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  10. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation