Windows 10: Outbound Firewall.

Discus and support Outbound Firewall. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone. For last couple of days I'm feeling like someone hacked my computer. I can see a lot of weird things installed in system. I've... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by adop1, Apr 30, 2020.

1. adop1 Win User

Outbound Firewall.

Hello everyone.

For last couple of days I'm feeling like someone hacked my computer. I can see a lot of weird things installed in system.
    I've already put everything off but I wish You guys to let me know if there's something wrong.

Thank You very much.

Code:
    :)

adop1, Apr 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Firewall - outbound 'block all' causes Windows to need Re-activating after a while

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me please? I am rather security conscious and go a step further than most people - I BLOCK all OUTBOUND firewall connections BY DEFAULT. I then create specific 'allow' rules to allow each friendly application through my firewall
    to access the internet. This is to:

a) Protect my system from initiating mysterious outbound connections all over the internet from apps preinstalled that I have no idea do what. Hopefully this would also ensure my computer was never used as an internet bot (if it got compromised).

b) Allows me to control every application that 'I' know and pre-approve that application accessing the internet.

c) Seems a sensible, and wise thing to do.

d) Saves data transmissions costs when I'm paying for the internet connection (I want to use my allowance on what I want to do).

Hopefully the above doesn't seem unreasonable?

It's all been working perfectly for two weeks, when I was surprised to find that Windows 10 requires re-activation when it can't 'call home'. I have spent three hours of quality of time with Microsoft call centre, but haven't found anyone who knows what
    blocking outbound firewall connections actually means. I was lucky enough to get them to reactivate my genuine copy of windows after much haggling and persuasion (phew!). But my outbound firewall blocking is definitely causing problems/complications that
    Windows doesn't like.

I would like to please ask, I have Googled (or should I say Bing'd) this topic, but there's not much (ZERO) out there on:

1) What minimum list of applications does Windows require for OUTBOUND firewall connectivity. For instance there's lots that can AND SHOULD be blocked by default (Adobe Reader needs outbound connectivity by default? - I think not!).

2) For Windows Upgrade to work (inc online Activation / checkup) what applications / services need to 'call home' on a regular basis (so that I can create outbound rules that work just for those).

3) Windows Firewall logging is abysmal - it's not user friendly to decipher when it's blocking stuff that's requesting access. Plus there's no notifications.

4) Some people are suggesting allowing svchost.exe outbound access, but that seems to be a catchall for lots of applications to access the internet.

Thank you for your time reading this and replying if you're an absolute wizard on Windows Firewall Outbound Firewall. :eek:)

LindsayLovelock, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Outbound Firewall.

Windows Firewall must be disabled before installing any Windows Store app or using Windows Update

Check the Firewall settings particularly with the inbound or outbound connection, and disable the TCP/IPv6 in the Network settings.

Let us know if you're able to successfully install apps from Windows Store after performing the suggested steps.

Marque Lor, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Outbound Firewall.

1. Outbound Firewall. - Similar Threads - Outbound Firewall

2. MDE outbound firewall block seen on windows process in the reports under firewall outbound.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MDE outbound firewall block seen on windows process in the reports under firewall outbound.: We see firewall outbound blocked on svhost , winword and backgroundTaskHost.exe Ex : svchost.exe was blocked from communicating with by Windows Firewall...
  3. MDE outbound firewall block seen on windows process in the reports under firewall outbound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MDE outbound firewall block seen on windows process in the reports under firewall outbound.: We see firewall outbound blocked on svhost , winword and backgroundTaskHost.exe Ex : svchost.exe was blocked from communicating with by Windows Firewall...
  4. MDE outbound firewall block seen on windows process in the reports under firewall outbound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win11Pro is blocking outbound traffic to a specific subnet even with Firewall rule enabling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11Pro is blocking outbound traffic to a specific subnet even with Firewall rule enabling.: I have 1 Win11Pro/Domain joined machine that is now blocking outbound traffic to a specific subnet on the other side of the IPSec VPN tunnel. I have the firewall rule enabled to send all traffic to that subnet. Machines from the other side of the tunnel can ping the target...
  6. Win11Pro is blocking outbound traffic to a specific subnet even with Firewall rule enabling.

Win11Pro is blocking outbound traffic to a specific subnet even with Firewall rule enabling.: I have 1 Win11Pro/Domain joined machine that is now blocking outbound traffic to a specific subnet on the other side of the IPSec VPN tunnel. I have the firewall rule enabled to send all traffic to that subnet. Machines from the other side of the tunnel can ping the target...
  7. Windows Firewall Outbound rules

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall Outbound rules: I set windows firewall to block all inbound and outbound connections on all profiles Public, Domain, and Private. I then created an outbound rule for one specific program that i want to allow through. I am looking at 2 computers, both with the exact same firewall rules. One...
  8. Windows Firewall Outbound rules

Windows Firewall Outbound rules: I set windows firewall to block all inbound and outbound connections on all profiles Public, Domain, and Private. I then created an outbound rule for one specific program that i want to allow through. I am looking at 2 computers, both with the exact same firewall rules. One...
  9. Windows Firewall Outbound rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Add Store apps to Windows Firewall outbound rule

Add Store apps to Windows Firewall outbound rule: Hello,I have changed Windows Firewall to block outbound connections.I had no problem configuring outbound rules to allow classic applications accessing the internet.I have tried adding the following two rules, but it does not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firewallapi dll 80204

2. firewallapi. dll 80204

3. firewallapi.dll

4. alljoyn cast to device streaming server,
  5. firewallapi 80204