Windows 10: Outbound rules still show as allowed.

Discus and support Outbound rules still show as allowed. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why do all of the default (pre-defined) MS Firewall outbound rules still show as allowed when I have set outbound connections to block for the Domain,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kol12, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Kol12 Win User

Outbound rules still show as allowed.

Why do all of the default (pre-defined) MS Firewall outbound rules still show as allowed when I have set outbound connections to block for the Domain, Private and Public profiles? Shouldn't setting outbound connections to block block everything in the outbound list?

:)

Kol12, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Jeff Herr Win User

Windows Firewall issue with outbound rule

We block all outbound here for a number of good reasons beyond the scope of this issue.

We are on win10 1703. A new A/D site was added during the prior week and I found that all of the management tools for DNS,DHCP, etc failed with various errors such as access denied.

The firewall logs show that port 135 outbound was being blocked.

This is in spite of the fact that a rule is in place to allow this traffic.

I modified the rule to explicitly define the remote addresses rather than using the "Intranet" term which resulted in no behavior change.

Adding a ANY/ANY/ANY rule allows traffic.

Do we have a bug?

Jeff Herr, Aug 11, 2020
  3. TwuTu Win User
    Windows Firewall: Doesn't show blocking rules

Hello!

Today I've blocked all connections of a program by creating a outbound rule in Windows Firewall. However, I now wish to remove it. The problem: I can't find that newly created rule anywhere in the list. The rule does take an effect, since deactivating the
    Firewall lets the program run properly. I can only see rules in the list that "allow" stuff, but not those who block things.

What I have tried so far:

- All filters set to "Show all" within the Firewall

- Created the same rule again, doesn't show up

- Created a rule that allows the program, shows up

Any solutions?

TwuTu, Aug 11, 2020
  4. OOOO Win User

Docker on Windows 10. Is it an Inbound Rule or Outbound Rule?

First, you can see your network location by network and sharing center.

Outbound rules still show as allowed. 9JPQJ.png

Then you can set rules to open tcp port 445 as following steps.

1. Right click Inbound rules, click New
    2. Click Custom
    3. In the new Window, select All programs, type the specified program path, or Services
    4. Then you can select tcp port 445 in Local port and Remote port, you can use any
    5. Then select Ip Scope as your requirements, you can use both any Ip address and any Ip daress
    6. Select Allow the Connection or Allow the connection if it is secure
    7. Select your profile, you can choose your current profile(As we see at the beginning), or select all
    8. Then type the rule name(This is dependent on yourself)
    9. After setting inbound rule, take the same action to create a outbound rule.

Thema:

1. Outbound rules still show as allowed. - Similar Threads - Outbound rules still

2. Windows Firewall Outbound rules

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall Outbound rules: I set windows firewall to block all inbound and outbound connections on all profiles Public, Domain, and Private. I then created an outbound rule for one specific program that i want to allow through. I am looking at 2 computers, both with the exact same firewall rules. One...
  3. Windows Firewall Outbound rules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall Outbound rules: I set windows firewall to block all inbound and outbound connections on all profiles Public, Domain, and Private. I then created an outbound rule for one specific program that i want to allow through. I am looking at 2 computers, both with the exact same firewall rules. One...
  4. Windows Firewall Outbound rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Add Store apps to Windows Firewall outbound rule

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Store apps to Windows Firewall outbound rule: Hello,I have changed Windows Firewall to block outbound connections.I had no problem configuring outbound rules to allow classic applications accessing the internet.I have tried adding the following two rules, but it does not...
  6. Create outbound IP address rule for 127.0.0.1

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create outbound IP address rule for 127.0.0.1: If someone says to create a firewall rule 127.0.01 to 127.0.0.1 how would I do that? 163530
  7. DNS Client allowed by firewall rule, but still get blocked

DNS Client allowed by firewall rule, but still get blocked: Hi, First; I am using Binisoft/Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control as frontend for Windows Firewall. My problem is that I allowed DNS Client to local gateway with UDP on port 53, but still for some reason it is being blocked. When opening the log window in Windows...
  8. Win10 required outbound rules for update

Win10 required outbound rules for update: Dear Community, I just switched to windows 10 and I'm having problems with the firewall. I set it to block all, as a good fw should be. What processes do I need to allow for windows update and virus definitions (but nothing else) to work? Thanks in advance! 151751
  9. how to add a outbound rule to allow windows update to exchange information

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to add a outbound rule to allow windows update to exchange information: Seems windows firewall is blocking windows update. I ran troubleshooting for windows update in the control panel and it reported this. So can anyone help me to add the rule, I don't know which file under which directory windows update is using while exchanging information...
  10. question about firewall outbound rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    question about firewall outbound rules: hi there *Smile I intend to create an outbound rule in Windows Firewall to block connections certain software might attempt to make. My question is if I can add an IP exception, like blocking all outbound connections with the exception of certain IP address where the...