Windows 10: Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10

Discus and support Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I cannot add any new language under settings, I have no language bar in control panel, and I learned there is a bug in my Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Milada, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Milada Win User

Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10

Hello all,

I cannot add any new language under settings, I have no language bar in control panel, and I learned there is a bug in my Windows 10 Pro 1803 version.
    So after using the command below (with help of Powershell):

Code: $LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList $MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq <sr_Latn-RS> $LangList.Remove($MarkedLang) Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force[/quote] I got this outcome:

Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList >> $MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq <sr_Latn-RS> >> $LangList.Remove($MarkedLang) >> Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force At line:2 char:49 + $MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq <sr_Latn-RS> + ~ The '<' operator is reserved for future use. + CategoryInfo : ParserError: Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10 :)) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : RedirectionNotSupported[/quote] Could you please explain me the meaning of outcome of this command?
    I do not know any more, what to do.
    Could you please try to help because this problem is very annoying to me (I am translator translating from 4 languages to Czech and Serbian took over "thanks" to the Windows 10 system).
    PS: I do not know what is the difference between "display languages" and "language packs" if it is needed in this context.

Thank you in advance!

:)

Milada, Sep 20, 2018

2. Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Can't remove a language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

Andre Da Costa, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10

Can't remove extra language in language bar

Get-WinUserLanguageList

Andre for Directly, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10

1. Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10 - Similar Threads - Outcome PowerShell code

2. Changing powershell language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing powershell language: Hello,I've first noticed this with winget, but today I found out that my entire powershell app is set to Russian while the rest of the OS is set to Finnish w/ a Polish keyboard complicated situation. While I've used windows in Russian in the past, it was on my previous...
  3. Changing powershell language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing powershell language: Hello,I've first noticed this with winget, but today I found out that my entire powershell app is set to Russian while the rest of the OS is set to Finnish w/ a Polish keyboard complicated situation. While I've used windows in Russian in the past, it was on my previous...
  4. Firewall Rulles outcoming

Firewall Rulles outcoming: HiI would like ask about Firewall in Windows 11 .When I create new out coming rules for browser .I need create 2 rules for TCP and UDP .Or will be enough create one rule for TCP.Firewall do not allow create one rules for both TCP/UDPAlso I do not know if only TCP Rules is...
  5. Firewall Rulles outcoming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall Rulles outcoming: HiI would like ask about Firewall in Windows 11 .When I create new out coming rules for browser .I need create 2 rules for TCP and UDP .Or will be enough create one rule for TCP.Firewall do not allow create one rules for both TCP/UDPAlso I do not know if only TCP Rules is...
  6. how to remove language keyboard in windows10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove language keyboard in windows10?: Hi,I see AFR as a choice for my keyboard. However I cannot remove it under "Language" since there is no AFR under my preferred language. What should I do now?...
  7. how to remove language keyboard in windows10?

how to remove language keyboard in windows10?: Hi,I see AFR as a choice for my keyboard. However I cannot remove it under "Language" since there is no AFR under my preferred language. What should I do now?...
  8. Windows10 Apps missing & PowerShell error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 Apps missing & PowerShell error: Hi! I reformated my windows10 recently and i noticed the windows10 apps, such as microsoft store, microsoft photos and groove music, are missing. I tried to solve the problem through writting some code lines on windows powershell as admin but nothing happens, or some red text...
  9. language support, Windows10, Russian

in Windows 10 Customization
    language support, Windows10, Russian: I use Lenovo IdeaPad L340 with Windows 10. I set up Russian but several letters are absent on keyboard. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-support-windows10-russian/0eb100b4-3451-488d-89d3-8bb39e8e56e0
  10. how to deinstall powershell from windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to deinstall powershell from windows10: I'm a beginner learning powershell, I recently installed power on my computer which i noticed I can't execute some command even while i'm on administrative mode. But to my surprise i can't get removed from my computer. Can somebody help me solve this problem....