Windows 10: Outer Wilds crashing, stuttering or not launching on PC

Discus and support Outer Wilds crashing, stuttering or not launching on PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]As per some reports, Outer Wilds is not launching, or is crashing, stuttering, or displaying inconsistent FPS and other performance issues. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 3, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Outer Wilds crashing, stuttering or not launching on PC

Outer Wilds crashing, stuttering or not launching on PC outer-wilds.png
    As per some reports, Outer Wilds is not launching, or is crashing, stuttering, or displaying inconsistent FPS and other performance issues. It is quite obvious that one can not enjoy the game to its fullest without resolving all these problems. In this post, we are going to see how you can fix Outer Wilds performance issues […]

This article Outer Wilds crashing, stuttering or not launching on PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 3, 2022
  2. ewsk97480 Win User

The outer wilds gamepass issues while launching

Bonjour,

Mon problème est le suivant, j'essaye de jouer au jeux "the outer wilds" mais quand j'essaye de le lance ce dernier l'indique comme message "impossible d'ouvrir l'application car une erreur est survenue, ouvrir le Windows store pour plus d'informations.

Malheureusement cela ne sert rien car ce dernier me dis juste de désinstaller et réinstaller l'application. Donc je le fait et cela marche une fois seulement. Il suffit que j'éteigne mon pc pour que cela recommence. Je commence en avoir marre de réinstaller le jeux chaque fois ( surtout que je n'ai pas une bonne connexion donc 10go pour moi c'est 2h )

j'ai tenté les méthodes que j'ai trouvé sur le web, mis jour mon pc, mon abonnement gamepass est bien effectif mais rien ne change.

merci d'avance pour votre aide.

ewsk97480, Aug 3, 2022
  3. The outer worlds wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to The Outer Worlds not launching on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try resetting the Store Packages and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Accept the UAC prompts, if you receive any
    3. Now copy paste the command and hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}
    4. Once the command is executed, run the below command:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"
    5. Restart the PC.

After restarting the PC try launching the game and see if it is working fine.

In addition, you may want to refer the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 3, 2022
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

1. Outer Wilds crashing, stuttering or not launching on PC - Similar Threads - Outer Wilds crashing

2. PC Stuttering and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Stuttering and crashing: Hello, There is a problem happening with my PC recently. It is a really frustrating problem and I just got it so its really annoying. The problem is that every time I open my pc it randomly freezes and then goes black screen. Nothing happens after that and I have to force...
  3. PC Stuttering and crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Stuttering and crashing: Hello, There is a problem happening with my PC recently. It is a really frustrating problem and I just got it so its really annoying. The problem is that every time I open my pc it randomly freezes and then goes black screen. Nothing happens after that and I have to force...
  4. PC Stuttering and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. The outer wilds gamepass issues while launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The outer wilds gamepass issues while launching: Bonjour, Mon problème est le suivant, j'essaye de jouer au jeux "the outer wilds" mais quand j'essaye de le lance ce dernier l'indique comme message "impossible d'ouvrir l'application car une erreur est survenue, ouvrir le Windows store pour plus...
  6. The outer wilds gamepass issues while launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The outer wilds gamepass issues while launching: Bonjour, Mon problème est le suivant, j'essaye de jouer au jeux "the outer wilds" mais quand j'essaye de le lance ce dernier l'indique comme message "impossible d'ouvrir l'application car une erreur est survenue, ouvrir le Windows store pour plus...
  7. The outer worlds wont launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The outer worlds wont launch: The other day i noticed the outer worlds icon disappeared from my taskbar where i'd pinned it. the space is there and when i right click it it shows outer worlds. when i try to launch from there or the windows store, nothing happens...
  8. The Outer Worlds won't launch at all

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Outer Worlds won't launch at all: I have done everything I have seen to try to fix this problem, I have the game pass, installed the game (which took forever) from the microsoft store. Opens for a couple seconds then back to the desktop screen. I've tried the CMD prompt ****, I've tried running as Admin, I've...
  9. Outer Worlds is not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outer Worlds is not launching: Played just fine the last couple of days, but for some reason it is not launching at all. I have tried launching from the Xbox app, Microsoft Store, the Start menu pin and task bar pin. There are no failed launches in the Task Manager. It isn't even trying to start up the...
  10. Outer Worlds not launching on Xbox PC (Game Pass)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outer Worlds not launching on Xbox PC (Game Pass): The Xbox Beta PC app will not launch The Outer Worlds. I have tried reinstalling the game twice and restarted my computer. Don't know what's going on The error messages says this C:\Program...