Windows 10: Outerworlds shuts down after starting from game menu

Discus and support Outerworlds shuts down after starting from game menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've played the game about 60 hours with no issues but know its unplayable. The game closes after I start it from the games menu every time. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jmatt155, Nov 9, 2019.

1. jmatt155 Win User

Outerworlds shuts down after starting from game menu

I've played the game about 60 hours with no issues but know its unplayable. The game closes after I start it from the games menu every time. I re-downloaded windows and the game it worked for a little bit but know back to closing after I start the game from the main menu.

:)

jmatt155, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Outerworlds shuts down after starting from game menu

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Outerworlds shuts down after starting from game menu

1. Outerworlds shuts down after starting from game menu - Similar Threads - Outerworlds shuts down

2. PC shuts down when starting a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down when starting a game: Just built and set up my new PC with Win 11 installed all necessary programs and drivers. When starting a game e.g. Hell let loose it loads for a moment, then the PC fans run on max for a second and the PC shuts down.No error message, it just cuts off.. I opened HWMonitor on...
  3. PC shuts down when starting a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shuts down when starting a game: Just built and set up my new PC with Win 11 installed all necessary programs and drivers. When starting a game e.g. Hell let loose it loads for a moment, then the PC fans run on max for a second and the PC shuts down.No error message, it just cuts off.. I opened HWMonitor on...
  4. Windows automatically starting after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows automatically starting after shut down: A week or so ago my system turned itself back on after I had done a shut down. I thought it was me but this has happened multiple times this past week. Because this is happening when I am trying to go to bed the only thing I have been able to do to stop it was to turn off my...
  5. PC starts after shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC starts after shutting down: Windows Version 2004 (Build 19041.867) Hey everyone, I have a problem with my PC where it will restart itself without my action and it even started a Discord-Call on it's own while I was in the bathroom after trying to shut it down. I haven't found anything useful on the...
  6. Windows 10 shutting down after selecting it from the grub menu

Windows 10 shutting down after selecting it from the grub menu: I am a 16 year old Linux user Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS, and I have been for the past 2 years. I have been dual booting from my MSI laptop GS63VR Stealth I don't know how it exactly happened, But I just went I to boot up my computer and selected the windows 10 option like usual,...
  7. remove "log off" from start menu but NOT from the shut down menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove "log off" from start menu but NOT from the shut down menu: Hey, I'm looking for a way to remove the separate "log off" option right above the "shut down" option on the start menu. Right now, mine goes (from the bottom up): Shut Down, Log Off, Run. I want Log Off to be gone. I know how to remove the log off option via the local...
  8. Computer Restarts Etc. When Shut Down from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Restarts Etc. When Shut Down from Start Menu: OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit, v. 1903, build 18362.476 Hi all. Yesterday when I wanted to shut down my computer (Start > on/off > shut down comp.), it did not shut down, but restarted and asked for password. I then tried again to shut down the compter (Start > on/off...
  9. Windows starts by itself after shutting down.

Windows starts by itself after shutting down.: Windows starts by itself after shutting down. I click shutdown from the start menu and it logs me out, turns off the displays, all the fans stop spinning and it's completely turned off. Right after that, the fans whir back to life and Windows starts booting up again without...
  10. Menu shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu shuts down: At the far bottom left corner of the desktop is the Windows 10 logo. When clicked by mouse, a menu screen and a search bar opens On my computer the menu most often opens and immediately closes. There is not enough time to allow me to access any 3rd party programs on the...