Windows 10: Outerworlds shuts down after starting from game menu

Discus and support Outerworlds shuts down after starting from game menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've played the game about 60 hours with no issues but know its unplayable. The game closes after I start it from the games menu every time. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jmatt155, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:57 PM.

1. jmatt155 Win User

Outerworlds shuts down after starting from game menu

I've played the game about 60 hours with no issues but know its unplayable. The game closes after I start it from the games menu every time. I re-downloaded windows and the game it worked for a little bit but know back to closing after I start the game from the main menu.

:)

2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

4. Outerworlds shuts down after starting from game menu

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 9, 2019 at 2:07 PM
Thema:

Outerworlds shuts down after starting from game menu

1. Outerworlds shuts down after starting from game menu - Similar Threads - Outerworlds shuts down

2. Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update: hi guys, I am running 1903 - 18362.207 and since 1903 (other build number earlier on), i have this weird issue, not really an issue but just odd. The first time you click the start button and then the turn off button, the menu looks like there's one more line, see below,...
  3. Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update: hi guys, I am running 1903 - 18362.207 and since 1903 (other build number earlier on), i have this weird issue, not really an issue but just odd. The first time you click the start button and then the turn off button, the menu looks like there's one more line, see...
  4. Windows starts by itself after shutting down.

Windows starts by itself after shutting down.: Windows starts by itself after shutting down. I click shutdown from the start menu and it logs me out, turns off the displays, all the fans stop spinning and it's completely turned off. Right after that, the fans whir back to life and Windows starts booting up again without...
  5. Windows immediately restarts following shut down from power menu.

Windows immediately restarts following shut down from power menu.: I have had this problem with one of my PC's based on an ASUS MB ever since it was upgraded to Windows 10. The restart can be prevented by holding the shift key down when pressing shutdown. This is slightly inconvenient but I have put up with it for several years. However a...
  6. starting a game shuts down programs like plex, itunes and netflix

in Windows 10 Customization
    starting a game shuts down programs like plex, itunes and netflix: Not sure where the issue is but when I start a game like world of Warcraft, factorio etc several programs if running close down automatically, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/starting-a-game-shuts-down-programs-like-plex/146c817a-ef48-456a-b37f-fbb9ae14bd94
  7. PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.: I just got a new gaming headset and I plugged it in. It updated drivers and then I went to press shutdown. After pressing shutdown, I turned off my monitor and left the room. I came back into the room and was suprised my pc fan lights and keyboard and mouse lights were still...
  8. Laptop gets shut down after starting it up unplugged!

Laptop gets shut down after starting it up unplugged!: Hey! I am facing a serious issue with my Windows 10 Laptop. When I start my laptop unplugged , it starts normally ;it asks for the password but once i enter it battery automatically gets into 1% and gets turned off. After turning off once I try to turn it back on unplugged or...
  9. Winver 1803 No recover from sleep. Starts and shuts down.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Winver 1803 No recover from sleep. Starts and shuts down.: Continual forced updates from version 1607 to 1803 on an Intel X58 based computer causes a shutdown when resuming from sleep. I'm running 1607 as this is the restore media I have. Have been successful up to version 1703. After that version updates to 1803 I'll detail what...
  10. Menu shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu shuts down: At the far bottom left corner of the desktop is the Windows 10 logo. When clicked by mouse, a menu screen and a search bar opens On my computer the menu most often opens and immediately closes. There is not enough time to allow me to access any 3rd party programs on the...