Windows 10: Outlined text under desktop icons

Discus and support Outlined text under desktop icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. The text under my desktop icons are "outlined" and very hard to read (see screenshot). Where can I change this setting? Thanks. [img] 95463 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DavidPaul, Oct 13, 2017.

1. DavidPaul Win User

Outlined text under desktop icons

Hi. The text under my desktop icons are "outlined" and very hard to read (see screenshot). Where can I change this setting? Thanks.

Outlined text under desktop icons [​IMG]

:)

DavidPaul, Oct 13, 2017

2. Text under desktop icons hard to read

Hi. The text under my desktop icons are "outlined" and very hard to read (see screenshot). Where can I change this setting? Thanks.

DavidPaulNZ, Oct 13, 2017
  3. text under icons

How do I get the text under the icons to be a solid black instead of being just outlined letters?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SteveSchoen, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

With a desktop background that bright, you'll need to disable drop shadows, and the font should turn black:

Edwin, Oct 14, 2017
  5. DavidPaul Win User
    I've tried that, Edwin, but it doesn't seem to work:

I must say I'm confused by this. I've just had to replace the hard drive on the laptop, which is why the issue has come up. Before the change, the text was solid black, and now I can't get it back. I think you may be right about the light background; I've tried changing it to black and the text changes to white (and is easy to read), so I think I'll stick with that.

Thanks for your help.

DavidPaul, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlined text under desktop icons - Similar Threads - Outlined text under

2. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  3. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  4. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disappearing shadow under icon text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing shadow under icon text.: On Windows Server 2019, after setting a white wallpaper, I have a problem with shadows under the icon text. When hovering the mouse cursor the shadow disappears. The icon text stays white and is invisible. I have several RDS servers clones and the problem is random not on...
  6. Disappearing shadow under icon text.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing shadow under icon text.: On Windows Server 2019, after setting a white wallpaper, I have a problem with shadows under the icon text. When hovering the mouse cursor the shadow disappears. The icon text stays white and is invisible. I have several RDS servers clones and the problem is random not on...
  7. How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?: The Alt 255 thing doesn't work for me submitted by /u/thegodamn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mifigh/how_can_i_hide_the_text_under_icons_on_the_desktop/
  8. white outline on desktop icons

white outline on desktop icons: When i highlight a desktop shortcut then click off of it it will have a white border and i dont know why it does it at all i dont know when this started as well i just logged on one day and it was like this anyone know why this is/why its happening?...
  9. Text under desktop icons, suddenly larger?

Text under desktop icons, suddenly larger?: The text for some reason has gone really large under my icons on my desktop. The icons themselves appear to be the same size, but I'm not sure what is going on. I've updated my nvidia driver, as I thought it might be something to do with that, but that didn't help at all, any...
  10. Increase text length (prevent text wrapping) under Desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase text length (prevent text wrapping) under Desktop icons?: I've read references in increasing icon spacing via Regedit tweaks, but will that also increase the text length under icons before the text wraps to a new line. For example a folder named "Screen Grabs" displays both words on one line with Win7 but breaks it into 2 lines with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent wrapping of text under icons