Windows 10: Outlook 2003 will not send hyperlinks to IE11

Discus and support Outlook 2003 will not send hyperlinks to IE11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I made IE11 the default browser in Windows 10. When I go to Outlook 2003 and click on a link, it does not show up in IE11. When I go over to IE11, I am... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by caveman88, Aug 13, 2015.

1. caveman88 Win User

Outlook 2003 will not send hyperlinks to IE11

I made IE11 the default browser in Windows 10. When I go to Outlook 2003 and click on a link, it does not show up in IE11. When I go over to IE11, I am looking at the home page. If I x out that tab, I see the note that I clicked on in the screen area. It looks like it tried. I made FireFox the default and the link work. I then made IE11 the default again and used other apps that had links and they all opened pages in IE11. So it seems that it is an Outlook 2003 and IE11 problem. I found a couple of hits on Google where it discusses the problem but it says that I should see an error message when this happens and I do not see one. It also mentions using the Microsoft Fix it tool. When I go to the fixit tool, it states that Office 2003 is no longer supported and mentions the two messages that I do not see. Also, there is no fix-it for windows 10.

I know that Office 2003 is no longer supported but I ran out of Office 2010 licenses so I am running Office 2003 on this laptop. It worked fine under Windows 8.1.

I am wondering if anyone else had this problem or can offer me some guidance as to what to
    do.

I have switched to the Mail app where I send the messages to a Gmail account and get the messages using the Mail app and all works but I am not really excited about it.

Z

:)

caveman88, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Numbrod Win User

Outlook email links not working with Win 10 and IE11.

Thanks, but everything else in Office 2010 works fine, and the other deal is that I have no way to reinstall the Outlook. It was not part of the Office 2010 package. The Office 2010 package that came with my computer did not have Outlook included, so
    instead of buying it separately, I installed my last licensed copy of Outlook 2003 on the computer. Outlook 2003 worked fine with Windows 7 and also works fine with Windows 10 for all functions except the correct application of hyperlinks with IE11. The hyperlinks
    did work just fine with MS Edge, and until I made IE11 the default browser, hyperlinks would come up in Edge, even though I was using IE11 as my browser. If I can't find a solution, I'll be reassigning Edge as the default browser just to accept the hyperlinks
    from Outlook, and use the IE11 for my normal browsing. I do intend to install Outlook 2010 soon, so that might also help.

Numbrod, Aug 13, 2015
  3. caveman88 Win User
    Problems Making IE11 he Default browser under Windows 10

After doing some testing, I find that it is not OL2003 that is the problem but it is IE11. Links from other apps open fine in IE11 when it is the default. From another forum, I found out that this hyperlink problem is present in all levels of Outlook except
    OL2016. Making Firefox will make my hyperlink go away but it does not say much for Microsoft in that the problem is with two of their own programs. Don't you people talk to each other?

I cannot install Windows 10 on my other two systems until this problems fixed. OR until you turn EDGE into something useful. I do not want to use Firefox as my default browser. It is not my favorite browser. IE11 is.

I was thinking that a reinstall of IE11 might fix my problem although I doubt it.

Also, I am passing this info on to everyone I know.

Please fix the hyperlink problem between OL and IE11.

I have filled out enough Feedback forms to let you know about the problem.

Thanks for listening.

Bill

caveman88, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Outlook 2003 will not send hyperlinks to IE11

1. Outlook 2003 will not send hyperlinks to IE11 - Similar Threads - Outlook 2003 send

2. Outlook 2003 SEND Button not Working on Windows 7 or 10 - Solution here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2003 SEND Button not Working on Windows 7 or 10 - Solution here: Solution for problem of Outlook 2003 not working in Windows10 Send button not working: Uninstall Outlook 2003 Deactivate Adobe Creative Cloud and not let it start at startup. Reboot PC Reinstall Outlook 2003 in Custom Mode: Check on “Choose advanced customization of...
  3. Outlook not following hyperlinks - solution

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook not following hyperlinks - solution: I recently upgraded to 20H2 had had the usual list of issues but sorted ok. Two days and two reboots later Outlook stopped following hyperlinks Went through all the advice on Google, everything was ok. Found an article on Microsoft site. Two machines, one with unconfigured...
  4. Outlook 2003

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2003: Hi, I use Outlook 2003 for my e-mail client and since I downloaded and installed the latest major update 20H2 - 19042.685 on Windows 10 Pro the password keeps dropping out and I am prompted to enter the password every time I open Outlook. Do Microsoft ever test these...
  5. Sending email from hyperlink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending email from hyperlink: I'm running Windows 10, office 365. When I click on a hyperlink either from my Outlook account or from a website link a blue box comes up with an envelope icon asking which account I want to send from. The only option is cancel. The only way I can send is to copy and paste...
  6. Outlook - can't click on hyperlinks?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook - can't click on hyperlinks?: Windows 10 home, laptop. In Outlook things have always worked FINE... Open mail, read mail, delete mail, normal mail stuff. When necessary, click Unsubscribe link in an email and follow it. This afternoon, suddenly, can't follow links. Outlook throws up a popup that says:...
  7. Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink: Steps to Reproduce: 1. Install MS office and configure Outlook. 2. Type some text- lets say- Prashant Dhasmana. 3. Select the text and right click and select - Hyperlink. 4. Now, navigate to the browser using "Alt+tab" key- to copy the url you want to paste on that...
  8. Hyperlinks in outlook will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyperlinks in outlook will not open: There seem to be many posts with problems in this area, but I have not seen an answer that I can understand and which seems to address my particular problem. i am using Windows 10 with Outlook 2013 and Firefox as my web browser. When i try to open hyperlinks I receive the...
  9. Help please with Outlook 2003

in Browsers and Email
    Help please with Outlook 2003: When I create a signature in Outlook it is single line spaced but when I create a new email or insert a signature it is double line spaced and I cannot change it. Also, how can I create a signature including graphics? I have created an HTML file but the logo doesn't show...
  10. Outlook 2003

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2003: I run Office 2003 on my Windows 7 machine and use Outlook 2003 for my email. Is there a way I can use Outlook 2003 if I upgrade to Windows 10? This potential problem is the only reason I don't upgrade to the free Windows 10 upgrade. Thanks for any information. *Think 26964