Windows 10: Outlook 2010 asks for missing file during install - it will still work but it asks for it...

Discus and support Outlook 2010 asks for missing file during install - it will still work but it asks for it... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I previously posted this question; when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Martin 112, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Outlook 2010 asks for missing file during install - it will still work but it asks for it...

I previously posted this question;

when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the disk, no change. How do I find this file?

I received this response and it worked once all though the instructions didn't work as given; after I tried it the first time I also got regsrv32 mscomctl.ocx is an unrecognized command when I try to enter it I appreciate this assistance.

Hi Martin, i'm Timon and i'm glad to help you.

You're probably talking about mscomctl isn't it ?

If so, you may download this file:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/detail...

Don't install it, but extract it somewhere.

- Copy the mscomctl.ocx file to C:\Windows\system32 (Win10 - 32 Bit ) or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (Win10 - 64 Bit)

- Hit Windows + X and launch Command Prompt (admin)

For Windows 32 bits type: regsrv32 mscomctl.ocx and hit ENTER

For Windows 64 bits type:
    cd.. hit ENTER
    cd SysWOW64 hit ENTER
    regsrv32 mscomctl.ocx and hit ENTER

If Outlook still ask for mscomctl, just provide the folder where you extracted it.

After attempting this fix I get the message insert the 'mscomctfix' disk and click ok. when I try to enter the path I get the file is not a valid installation package for the product mscomctfix Then a error 1706 message.

I tried to put the mscomctl.otx file on a jump drive but it still wasn't the file the system was looking for.

Thanks for any thoughts on this issue.

Martin

:)

Martin 112, Oct 22, 2019
  2. PJLLB Win User

Outlook 2010 Keeps Asking How to Open Email Web Links

After the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Outlook 2010 keeps asking how to open web links embedded in email messages. I select Internet Explore (not Microsoft Edge) and check "Always Use this App" but each time I get the prompt. Does anyone have any suggestions?

PJLLB, Oct 22, 2019
  3. NMI
    NMI Win User
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Outlook 2010 asks for missing file during install - it will still work but it asks for it...

Outlook asking cellphone number

We call this part social engineering. Now im going to email your yahoo account and solicit you to make a youtube account. in which I will give you targeted ads on discounted coffee at Tim hortons. Because you dont have a cell phone.

Solaris17, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Outlook 2010 asks for missing file during install - it will still work but it asks for it...

1. Outlook 2010 asks for missing file during install - it will still work but it asks for it... - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 asks

2. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mails missing from Outlook 2010: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Windows 10 desktop with Office 2010 ! installed on it. I noticed yesterday that a groop of mails in the Inbox pane is missing. The missing group begins from October 12 to November 7.I tried System Restore' it did not help.Will appreciate if somebody...
  3. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mails missing from Outlook 2010: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Windows 10 desktop with Office 2010 ! installed on it. I noticed yesterday that a groop of mails in the Inbox pane is missing. The missing group begins from October 12 to November 7.I tried System Restore' it did not help.Will appreciate if somebody...
  4. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. microsoft outlook 0fficed 2010 continues to ask for a file and tries to install every time...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft outlook 0fficed 2010 continues to ask for a file and tries to install every time...: [ATTACH] I get this message when I try to open outlook from office 2010, it tries to install every time as well. Based on past answers I have followed the below instructions on numerous occasions. It previously worked and the install issue was corrected by using the repair...
  6. Outlook 2010 persistently asks for product key.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 persistently asks for product key.: I have the MS Office 2010 Home and Student installed. First of all Word, Excel and Powerpoint all work without any problems. Whenever I start Outlook I see the configuration screen asking for my product key. Once that is entered the configuration proceeds and completes. I...
  7. Outlook 2010 Keeps Asking How to Open Email Web Links

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 Keeps Asking How to Open Email Web Links: After the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Outlook 2010 keeps asking how to open web links embedded in email messages. I select Internet Explore (not Microsoft Edge) and check "Always Use this App" but each time I get the prompt. Does anyone have any suggestions? 13606
  8. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...
  9. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Keeps Asking for Password: I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email accounts. After awhile it will accept the password, and everything will be fine until something breaks again and the process...
  10. Installation does NOT ask for key during install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation does NOT ask for key during install: I have a Lenovo Z510 laptop which originally came with Windows 8 Home. However, I wiped the HDD and reinstalled Windows 8 Pro using a valid key I purchase from school. Now I want to upgrade to Windows 10. Because I have a Windows 8 Pro key, I should be able to activate...