Windows 10: Outlook 2010 Duplicate set of folders

Discus and support Outlook 2010 Duplicate set of folders in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Microsoft Outlook 2010 with OS Windows 10. I have just bought a new PC and I want to migrate my Outlook data to the new PC. I exported the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ralphholmes, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Outlook 2010 Duplicate set of folders

I use Microsoft Outlook 2010 with OS Windows 10.
    I have just bought a new PC and I want to migrate my Outlook data to the new PC.
    I exported the Outlook data file from the old PC and then imported the data file to the new PC.
    I now have contacts and calendar duly in good working order on the new PC.
    However, I have two sets of folders for the incoming email account (I have only one email account).
    New emails go into a set of folders consisting of Input, Sent and Trash. The imported folders are more extensive, e.g. Purchases, Finance and so on, and are arranged so that I can sort emails using rules.
    How can I get rid of the first set of folders and direct new emails into the second set of folders?

Cheers

Ralph

:)

ralphholmes, Nov 27, 2016
  2. Louis8 Win User

sync duplicates in outlook 2010

i need to sync duplicate contacts in outlook 2010.

Louis8, Nov 27, 2016
  3. HTC Phone and Calendar Synch -- User Error?

After you set up the Outlook Hotmail Connector on your computer so it's working, you have to stop posting new information or editing your existing information in your old personal contacts & appointments folder since nothing you do in those folders will
    ever sync to your Windows Live account.

If you've set up the Outlook Hotmail Connector to sync to your Windows Live account twice within Outlook on your computer, you can delete the duplicate account by going to the Accounts screen and deleting it - if you are using Outlok 2010, you'd do this by
    selecting File > Account Settings > Account Settings > click on the account you want to delete and select the Remove option.

Julie fka profjulie, Nov 27, 2016
Thema:

Outlook 2010 Duplicate set of folders

1. Outlook 2010 Duplicate set of folders - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 Duplicate

2. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  3. Outlook 2010 search

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  4. Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders

Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders: My mum used a Sky email address (they use yahoo for their emails) but they've changed their security and i can't get their app password generator to work so i've decided to use her gmail account. I've eventually got outlook 2010 set up with her gmail account as pop but the...
  5. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  6. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  7. Lost Folder in Outlook 2010

Lost Folder in Outlook 2010: One of my folders has simply vanished in Outlook 2010. If I search for a known email I don't find it. However I ran Stellar repair for outlook and that did find it but it would cost me £75 to get the repair. Any other way? 126654
  8. My Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Outlook 2010: Can't log into my AT&T email account. Error code states the log on info is incorrect. It has happened before and the only way to fix it is to complete out and reload software. When re-installed it opens my receive file and dumps 3000+ emails that have been previously been...
  9. Microsoft Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook 2010: Hi, Everytime I click on a link in an email I get the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to due to restriction in effect on this computer. pleas e contact your administrator" The only administrator is me as this is a home laptop. I have tried...
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659