Windows 10: Outlook 2010 has been hijacked.

Discus and support Outlook 2010 has been hijacked. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Outlook 2010 has been hijacked. When I change password with host, and then update password on computer, some nitwit captures password and passes it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BillCesan, Nov 8, 2019.

1. BillCesan Win User

Outlook 2010 has been hijacked.

When I change password with host, and then update password on computer, some nitwit captures password and passes it around the flat globe. I've done a defender scan, and MS Malware scan with 0 finds. What should I do? Currently access host email from Outlook on cell phone and other computers without issue. Want to clean this computer. Suggestions?

:)

BillCesan, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Lost Folder in Outlook 2010

I have never had such a problem so I probably cannot help you.

I assume that the list of datafiles is correct [In Outlook 2007 this is given in several places including File, Data file management] and that you have run ScanPST on each of the pst/ost files shown there.

Are there any references to the missing file in the ScanPST log [log settings are under Options in the ScanPST UI]?

In Outlook 2007, I can set the 'navigation pane' to 'Folder list' view so that I can manually look through every open file & folder to check their contents. If you can find it this way but not when searching then it would indicate a search problem rather than a pst file problem. I have not seen this but I'd run Office diagnostics [2007] & the Windows indexing troubleshooter if I did.
    - Apparently, Office diagnostics itself does not exist in Office 2010. I understand that, for Office 2010, you'd need to go to Control panel, Progs & features then right-click on the Office 2010 entry so you could select Repair.
    - I have also seen a suggestion that Office diagnostics might be in your Start menu but I don't know if that was correct or not.
    - The Windows indexing troubleshooter is at Settings, Updates, Troubleshoot, Search & indexing

Sorry I could not help,
    Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Outlook 2010 will not work

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Do you get any error message while opening Outlook 2010?

Outlook 2010 is the compatible with windows 10. I suggest you to repair the Outlook 2010 from control panel and check if it works fine.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Nov 8, 2019
  4. J72764 Win User

Sync Outlook on windows mobile 6.5 with Outlook 2010

Sigh...ok...so if I want to be able to sync my contacts, notes, tasks, etc from Outlook 2010, I need to de install Office 2010 64bit and reinstall the 32 bit version? What steps from the list below am I missing:

1. backup .pst files from Outlook.

2. uninstall Office 2010 64bit

3. install Office 2010 32bit.

4. import/restore .pst files

5. connect windows mobile phone via usb and follow instructions for setting up sync.

Will that cover it?

J72764, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook 2010 has been hijacked. - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 has

2. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  3. Outlook 2010 has suddenly malfunctioned

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook 2010 has suddenly malfunctioned: Outlook 2010 has suddenly malfunctioned; I can open and receive emails, but I am unable to send an email. An email shows up on the taskbar, but it is greyed out and won't come up on the screen. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it six times to no avail....
  4. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  5. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  6. Error Outlook 2010 This operation has been cancelled due to restrictio

in Browsers and Email
    Error Outlook 2010 This operation has been cancelled due to restrictio: In Outlook 2010 I click on a link from an email and I get the message This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. I tried changing to Chrome as default from Edge, but no solution. This problem only happened after I updated to 1809. I...
  7. Error Outlook 2010 This operation has been cancelled due to restrictio

in Windows 10 Support
    Error Outlook 2010 This operation has been cancelled due to restrictio: In Outlook 2010 I click on a link from an email and I get the message This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. I tried changing to Chrome as default from Edge, but no solution. This problem only happened after I updated to 1809. I...
  8. My Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Outlook 2010: Can't log into my AT&T email account. Error code states the log on info is incorrect. It has happened before and the only way to fix it is to complete out and reload software. When re-installed it opens my receive file and dumps 3000+ emails that have been previously been...
  9. IE 11 has been hijacked

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 has been hijacked: I have recently upgraded to window 10 and with it came IE 11 and Edge. I prefer to use IE 11 over the current version of Edge. When I start IE 11 from the task bar even though the home page is designated to be www.Bing.com I end up on a My-Search page with an annoying message...
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659