Windows 10: Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links

Discus and support Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I run up-to-date Windows 10 (2004) on a PC. I am still using Office 2010. Since yesterday (30th August, 2020) I have been unable to use any links... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ralphholmes, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links

I run up-to-date Windows 10 (2004) on a PC. I am still using Office 2010.

Since yesterday (30th August, 2020) I have been unable to use any links which occur in my received emails - I could before. When I click on any link I get this message:

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Now, I am the system administrator, and I certainly haven't put such a restriction into effect. Sadly, I don't know how to remove this restriction either.

Can anyone help me with this, please?

Cheers

Ralph

:)

ralphholmes, Aug 31, 2020
  2. PJLLB Win User

Outlook 2010 Keeps Asking How to Open Email Web Links

After the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Outlook 2010 keeps asking how to open web links embedded in email messages. I select Internet Explore (not Microsoft Edge) and check "Always Use this App" but each time I get the prompt. Does anyone have any suggestions?

PJLLB, Aug 31, 2020
  3. imrazor Win User
    "Sharing" links with Outlook 2010

So I've upgraded to Windows 10 successfully and everything seems to be working properly (except Cortana, but that's deliberate.) One annoyance I'm experiencing is that while the various built-in Modern/Metro apps have a "Share" button, Outlook 2010 is not recognized as a valid option to share with. Anyone know how to force Windows 10 to use Outlook 2010 for sharing links?

imrazor, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links

Outlook 2010 will not work

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Do you get any error message while opening Outlook 2010?

Outlook 2010 is the compatible with windows 10. I suggest you to repair the Outlook 2010 from control panel and check if it works fine.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links

1. Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 preventing

2. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  3. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  4. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  5. Outlook 2010 quick search not working as it used to

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 quick search not working as it used to: Before the latest Windows 10 update, the quick search feature would start searching through emails (and displaying matches) as I typed into the quick search bar. Now the search does not start until I click on search or press enter. How do I revert back to the old quick search...
  6. Cannot use links from emails in Outlook, MS Office 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot use links from emails in Outlook, MS Office 2010: The following message occurs when clicking on any link in an email in Outlook 2010: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this comptuer. Please contact your system administrator." I am running a stand alone desktop computer in my home....
  7. Outlook 2010 truncates links when using IE as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 truncates links when using IE as default browser: Since upgrading to Windows 10 - When I set IE as my defaultbrowser and click on a link in Outlook 2010 some links will open and some ofthe longer links (more than approximately 25 characters give or take) aretruncated. So IE only sees part of the link and I get a “webpage...
  8. New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening

in Browsers and Email
    New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening: Sorry, I searched but did not see another thread on this topic. This just started today, maybe after a reboot. Up until today, when I clicked on a hyper link in an email, the link location would open in Firefox, my default browser. Now all of a sudden, nothing at all is...
  9. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659
  10. "Sharing" links with Outlook 2010

"Sharing" links with Outlook 2010: So I've upgraded to Windows 10 successfully and everything seems to be working properly (except Cortana, but that's deliberate.) One annoyance I'm experiencing is that while the various built-in Modern/Metro apps have a "Share" button, Outlook 2010 is not recognized as a...