Windows 10: Outlook 2010 Keeps Changing Sent Messages Folder

Discus and support Outlook 2010 Keeps Changing Sent Messages Folder in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Outlook 2010 set up on 3 PCs to save sent mail items in a particular folder on an IMAP mail server. This works for a while then the sent mail... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Outlook 2010 Keeps Changing Sent Messages Folder

I have Outlook 2010 set up on 3 PCs to save sent mail items in a particular folder on an IMAP mail server. This works for a while then the sent mail starts being saved to the Outlook Data File / Sent Items folder or the Sent Items folder on my MS Outlook email account (connected via MS Exchange). Is this a known problem and is there a fix?

:)

Steve C, Nov 2, 2016

2. hotmail sync

My outlook client (outlook 2010), my hotmail web account both have 3 messages in the Sent Folder, however Sent folder on my handset shows only 2 messages (downlaod email from 'anytime') Why?

Tigger Ireland, Nov 2, 2016
  3. amb9800 Win User
    WM 6.1 - How to set IMAP Sent folder? (T-Mo Touch Pro 2)

Unfortunately that's not a solution for this issue-- Gmail automatically stores a copy of anything you send through its SMTP in its sent folder, so all you're doing is receiving whatever Google has stored in the "Sent Mail" folder-- Outlook Mobile is not
    storing the message in the folder via IMAP.

Essentially Google pre-empts any client-side issues by automatically storing any messages sent through its server, but that's not what every other mail server does.

Outlook Mobile (even 2010) is still hardcoded to store messages in a folder called "Sent Items." If you have such a folder or are able to make a symbolic link from "Sent Items" to your actual Sent folder, it'll work fine. But if you're unable to, then
    you're SOL.

amb9800, Nov 2, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    Check Folder size is OK, and you haven't added subfolders to the IMAP sent folder.

Check also what the EXCHANGE settings are.
    If you CLOSE the outlook data file see what happens when you send a message.
    Normally stuff is only moved / copied to Outlook data files from an IMAP server if you do it manually.

Once you OPEN the outlook data files in Outlook you have to close them again otherwise they stay visible by default.
    Also check auto archive --on or off.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Outlook 2010 Keeps Changing Sent Messages Folder - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 Keeps

2. sent messages not saving in sent folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sent messages not saving in sent folder: hello.some of my sent messages have not been saved in my sent folder. the period was June 6 - July 3. messages were sent using gmail on a chrome broswer.is there a way to recover them?thanks...
  3. Saving Sent folder in Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Sent folder in Outlook: Hello, If I want to save my Sent folder msgs for my business email from Yahoo Small Business, and using IMAP connection in Outlook Windows 10, and I'll be shutting down the business email service soon, will this still keep the msgs in Outlook? Is there a View Messages...
  4. Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders: My mum used a Sky email address (they use yahoo for their emails) but they've changed their security and i can't get their app password generator to work so i've decided to use her gmail account. I've eventually got outlook 2010 set up with her gmail account as pop but the...
  5. Outlook Express Sent Items Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Express Sent Items Folder: How can I set up Outlook Express so that my Sent Items Folder is in Preview Mode and shows the name of person who I have sent the email to at the beginning of the displayed emails? At the moment I can only have the folder in Preview mode where my name is displayed first...
  6. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  7. Lost Folder in Outlook 2010

Lost Folder in Outlook 2010: One of my folders has simply vanished in Outlook 2010. If I search for a known email I don't find it. However I ran Stellar repair for outlook and that did find it but it would cost me £75 to get the repair. Any other way? 126654
  8. Outlook 2010 Duplicate set of folders

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 Duplicate set of folders: I use Microsoft Outlook 2010 with OS Windows 10. I have just bought a new PC and I want to migrate my Outlook data to the new PC. I exported the Outlook data file from the old PC and then imported the data file to the new PC. I now have contacts and calendar duly in good...
  9. Outlook 2010 sent email not showing

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 sent email not showing: Kippis! *Wink Glad we got this sorted out. *Smile
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659