Windows 10: Outlook 2010 Not Synchronising New Details with MS People Live Account

Discus and support Outlook 2010 Not Synchronising New Details with MS People Live Account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Outlook 2010 on two PCs and use the Hotmail Connector to synchronise my contacts with my Microsoft Account (people.live.com). I can... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Outlook 2010 Not Synchronising New Details with MS People Live Account

I have Outlook 2010 on two PCs and use the Hotmail Connector to synchronise my contacts with my Microsoft Account (people.live.com).

I can create/delete contacts on any PC and at the web page at people.live.com and these will synchronise across all accounts. However, if I change details of an existing contact on the PC e.g. change the phone number) then this is not synchronised. If I change the details on the web page at people.live.com then the PCs do get updated. Has anyone any advise how to troubleshoot this problem to ensure that changes to contact details in Outlook 2010 are synchronised correctly across all accounts?

:)

Steve C, Feb 21, 2016

2. Will the Outlook connector need or be updated to sync TASKS from our Desktaop Outlook now that Mango syncs tasks

This long-annoying issue is fixed with Outlook 2013. 2013 has native support for Live accounts and no longer relies on the Outlook Connector. Tasks/To-Dos sync seamlessly from Outlook, to Live, to phone and back.

That's the good news. The bad news, IMO, is that this likely means MS won't bother updating the Connector for current 2007/2010 users to handle Tasks, since those will now be "obsolete" versions of Outlook in MS' eyes, no longer worthy of feature additions.

ToddAllcock, Feb 21, 2016
  3. hmh1000 Win User
    Advice needed on how to sync contacts from Oulook 2016 on to the People App in Windows 10

I have a BT Business Office 365 email account which is set up and working on Outlook 2016 on my laptop.

I am trying to synchronise the contacts from my Outlook account on to the People App in Windows 10, but without success.

The People App accepted my account details okay and says it is synchronising, but no contacts have been downloaded in to the People App.

Can anyone offer any help?

Many thanks,

Helen.

hmh1000, Feb 21, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I think it is a matter of how quickly, or how slowly in this case, the system recognizes the change.

Suggestion only.
    After making the change as you described, give it a few hours then check if the change has been synchronised.

davidhk, Feb 21, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Thanks. I assumed selecting Send & Receive All in Outlook 2010 would synchronise the details since a new contact is synchronised as soon as this update is run.

Steve C, Feb 21, 2016
  6. LeeCo Win User
    Why would we have to wait hours for sync

LeeCo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2010 Not Synchronising New Details with MS People Live Account - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 Synchronising

2. MS Outlook 2010 connectivity

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Outlook 2010 connectivity: I am trying to get MS Outlook to connect to my husband's email account. It used to work, but then stopped. I have tried to repair his account using the manual option. He has a Verizon mail account through AOL, so it uses IMAP. Nothing works, so I then deleted his account from...
  3. MS Outlook - Synchronising

in Browsers and Email
    MS Outlook - Synchronising: Have problem in finding out how to access toolbar to synch. Each time I open Outlook am asked to synch with my gmail a/c with instructions. Appreciate assistance as just keep on being required to do so. regards 143227
  4. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  5. Problem with synchronisation of files in Outlook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with synchronisation of files in Outlook: I have my Outlook set to automatically download incoming messages every 2 minutes when the computer is awake. However, more often than not when I wake the computer up the synchronization process gets stuck . If I close Outlook and restart the computer everything works fine. I...
  6. synchronising outlook on android

synchronising outlook on android: I have Office 365 on my PC, and use Outlook for my appointments, contacts etc. My principal email account is with gmail, which I normally access via Outlook. I've just installed Outlook on my smartphone (Samsung A3) so that I can have my calendar, contacts and email on hand...
  7. Account Synchronisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Synchronisation: Has anyone found a solution to the ongoing (for years) problem of device synchronisation failure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-synchronisation/a63368c8-a964-41f9-987d-21adacef65c9
  8. AVG Free conflicts with MS Outlook 2010

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG Free conflicts with MS Outlook 2010: Since updating to Win 10 in October 2016, I have relied on Windows Defender together with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware. This morning, I installed AVG Free having checked extensively on line re its relationship with Win Defender. All seemed well until I opened my email...
  9. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659
  10. Is MS office 2010 outlook compatible with windows 10

Is MS office 2010 outlook compatible with windows 10: Hi I'm using Microsoft office 2010 outlook wit windows 10... I find that windows 10 keeps changing my settings i.e. when I uncheck the box in an email account in outlook 10... it changes back after next boot... I uncheck leave on server so it is removed and I don't receive...