Windows 10: Outlook 2010 running in safe mode after todays updates

Discus and support Outlook 2010 running in safe mode after todays updates in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since the update reboot Outlook is running in safe mode and though the reading panel is correctly set up it is closed every time Outlook is restarted.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by john7, Dec 7, 2015.

1. john7 Win User

Outlook 2010 running in safe mode after todays updates

Since the update reboot Outlook is running in safe mode and though the reading panel is correctly set up it is closed every time Outlook is restarted. Add ones are all missing. I have no idea how to sort it short of removing all the updates. I have run a repair install and SFC /SCANNOW with no problems or change.

:)

john7, Dec 7, 2015

2. Microsoft Outlook 10 wants to Reinstall after latest Windows update

I have been running Windows 10 with Microsoft Outlook 2010 since 2010. Today, after the latest Windows Update, Microsoft Outlook 2010 wants to reinstall Microsoft Outlook 2010. For some reason, it is not recognizing that it is still there. How do I fix
    this.

Thank you,

Claudia Holt

ClaudiaHolt1, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Outlook 2010 loading in Safe Mode after converted to Windows 10

Hi Vernon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

To better understand the issue please let us know.

1.Are you able to login to Windows with out safe mode ?

2.Does Windows 10 loads in safe mode while accessing Outlook only ?

3.Have you made any changes to the Computer before the start of the issue?

This issue might occur if settings are made to Selective startup by default on Windows 10.

Follow the below steps to start Windows 10 in normal mode.

1. Right click on Start and select Run.

2. Type msconfig and press Enter.

3. Under General tab, select Normal Startup
    and click on Apply, OK to save changes.

4. Prompts for Restart, click Restart
    and check if it starts to Normal mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 7, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  5. john7 Win User
    Yes thats the one its OK now. Its been some time since MS f***d my laptop up.

john7, Dec 8, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    So, for now, problem solved ?

Trouble is, since Windows Updates are automatic, the same update will get installed again. What then ?
    I am not sure your problem is permanently solved.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  7. john7 Win User
    I have added it to wushowhide along with any drives MS kindly want to mess up my laptop with. I run this befor updat to block things I know not to trust them with!

john7, Dec 8, 2015
  8. wyldman68 Win User

Did you do an MS Office repair?

wyldman68, Dec 8, 2015
  9. john7 Win User
    Twice, only removing the MS update sorted it.

john7, Dec 8, 2015
  10. I seem to have read that wushowhide works better with the Pro version of Windows 10.
    Sorry, I can't remember the details.

FrozenCursor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2010 running in safe mode after todays updates - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 running

2. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  3. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  4. MS Outlook 2010 issues after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Outlook 2010 issues after Windows 10 update: After updating Windows 10, my default browser Firefox was disabled, links in Outlook 2010 prompt an error message: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I have uninstalled and downloaded...
  5. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  6. My Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Outlook 2010: Can't log into my AT&T email account. Error code states the log on info is incorrect. It has happened before and the only way to fix it is to complete out and reload software. When re-installed it opens my receive file and dumps 3000+ emails that have been previously been...
  7. Outlook 2010 After latest update = Big Disaster

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 After latest update = Big Disaster: This morning I downloaded a number of W10 updates onto my number 2 machine. This machine had my Hotmail and Outlook email accounts being managed via Microsoft Exchange. So, while I was messing around with this machine I thought that I would change them all to IMAP like my...
  8. Outlook 2010 After latest update = Disaster

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2010 After latest update = Disaster: This morning I downloaded a number of W10 updates onto my number 2 machine. This machine had my Hotmail and Outlook email accounts being managed via Microsoft Exchange. So, while I was messing around with this machine I thought that I would change them all to IMAP like my...
  9. outlook 10 safe mode

in Browsers and Email
    outlook 10 safe mode: After a win 10 update this morning, I now find my outlook continually opens in safe mode. No other office programs are doing this only outlook. Have tried re-booting, checking add-ins however they don't seem to have anything to do with safe mode. Am also unable to find active...
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659