Windows 10: Outlook 2010 sends out multiple copies of an email w/attachment

Discus and support Outlook 2010 sends out multiple copies of an email w/attachment in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; All of a sudden after an update MS Outlook 2010 has started sending out multiple copies of an email when there is an attachment. So I send an email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by theaudioanalyst, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Outlook 2010 sends out multiple copies of an email w/attachment

All of a sudden after an update MS Outlook 2010 has started sending out multiple copies of an email when there is an attachment. So I send an email with one or more attachments and MS Outlook sends between three and eight emails to the recipient. I have talked with MS Support - 2 different Techs and all they can offer is to delete the email in the "OUTBOX". Fine whether I delete it or not, it has sent 3 to 8 emails to my recipient instead of 1. MS Support doesn't have a clue what to do except I am supposed to delete all my emails in Outlook and re enter them. Done that before and lost all the data in the account. The backups would not load from the backup. Suggestions, Comments, HaHa's or whatever. Thanks Stu

:)

theaudioanalyst, Feb 20, 2017

2. Sending email with multiple attachments in Windows 10 mail app failed

1) My boss is using the mail app in windows 10 and when he send email with multiple attachments totaling of 12mb only, the mail app will tell you that:

"We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large."

2) I tried it myself using my email and attached multiple files of 15 mb and the result is the same. I did try to attach a single file with size of 14mb but the error is the same. When I used outlook 2010 and send the same multiple files,

it went ok.

3) I can send email with multiple attachments in the web mail app without any problems.

Is there a limitation when attaching multiple files in Windows 10 mail app?

RyanLasquite, Feb 20, 2017
  3. jverdone Win User
    How to send multiple emails from "my stuff"

Migrating from Palm OS--New to the forum & WM 6.1. Anyone know why the "send via email" option is greyed out when "checking" any of the photos from within the myphotos option of "my stuff"? WM 6.1, Samsung Epix, ATT 3G.

Anyone know how to send multiple emails w/out having to attach each individually?

jverdone, Feb 20, 2017
  4. Outlook 2010 sends out multiple copies of an email w/attachment

Hi theauudioanalyst

Any chance you have two copies of Outlook 20XX installed. Outlook 2010 and say a newer version that you have not migrated too like Outlook 2016. In my case it was my old 2010 and my newly acquired 2013.

Next, are you syncing with Outlook.com and did you get there warning that you needed to reconnect your account to their servers to avoid what I will just call issues? Did you do this?

What protocol are you using to connect to your mail service, POP, IMAP or EAS?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 20, 2017
Thema:

Outlook 2010 sends out multiple copies of an email w/attachment

1. Outlook 2010 sends out multiple copies of an email w/attachment - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 sends

2. Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.: When sending email attachments, Windows Live Mail sends out multiple emails one original, sometimes up to 60-70 of same email. Email will not open properly & when it does go through, the text portion looks gibberish. No prob when not sending attachments. Need help!Thanks.Anne...
  3. Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.: When sending email attachments, Windows Live Mail sends out multiple emails one original, sometimes up to 60-70 of same email. Email will not open properly & when it does go through, the text portion looks gibberish. No prob when not sending attachments. Need help!Thanks.Anne...
  4. Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails: I have a website at erbacce-press.co.uk and when I click on buttons to send emails the email that appears is named 'Microsoft Outlook 2010' but I am running Windows 10 pro... none of the emails at this out-of-date Outlook ever arrive? Can you help please?...
  5. Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments: When I last tried to send Outlook messages with attachments, they would just stick in the Outbox so I have just had to resort to using Gmail for them. How do I overcome this problem please as I prefer Outlook? My OS is Windows 10 Version 1903. David 154100
  6. SENDING EMAILS ON OUTLOOK

in Windows 10 Customization
    SENDING EMAILS ON OUTLOOK: OK how do I get Windows10 to let me send emails through outlook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  7. Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments: When I last tried to send Outlook messages with attachments, they would just stick in the Outbox so I have just had to resort to using Gmail for them. How do I overcome this problem please as I prefer Outlook? My OS is Windows 10 Version 1903. David 154100
  8. How to send multiple emails at once? Using Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    How to send multiple emails at once? Using Outlook: On outlook Is there a way to forward multiple emails at once to someone? I don't see no forward button to do this. I use Firefox. Im on Windows 7 64 bit *Smile. 144667
  9. Pictures will not attach to Outlook 2010 with a right click send to

in Browsers and Email
    Pictures will not attach to Outlook 2010 with a right click send to: I used to be able to go to my picture folder and right click a picture and choose SEND TO by email. Now a window pops up with a picture sizing option, and when I go thru that, it appears to be doing something, but Outlook does not open. How do I resolve this issue? 100712
  10. No Images in emails - Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    No Images in emails - Outlook 2010: Installed anniversary update, but certain apps wouldn't work. Restored to the previous version, but now Outlook 2010 doesn't show images in emails. Have tried all the suggested fixes, but no joy. (Trust centre and registry) I use Firefox latest version. 62675