Windows 10: Outlook 2010/Win7 account Transfer to Office 2019/Win10 PC

Discus and support Outlook 2010/Win7 account Transfer to Office 2019/Win10 PC in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; A friend of mine bought a new windows10 PC to replace the 8-year-old windows7 HP old Junker he had to keep up with the times. I am in charge of the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by NIK1, Jan 23, 2020.

1. NIK1 Win User

Outlook 2010/Win7 account Transfer to Office 2019/Win10 PC

A friend of mine bought a new windows10 PC to replace the 8-year-old windows7 HP old Junker he had to keep up with the times. I am in charge of the task in backing up his old bomb and transferring his files and folders and 3 user accounts to the new Win10 PC. On his new PC it will have Microsoft Office 2019 already preinstalled. Does anyone know the correct procedure in transferring his Office 2010 .pst file backup I made? Will it work with Office 2019.I got mine to work a while back when I went from Office 2016 to Office 2019.I first chose make a new .pst, put in all my server and other e-mail settings. Everything connected and my inbox started to fill up with 375 + e-mails. After that, I imported the .pst backup I made a day or so back and it put all my sub-menu folders with e-mails I saved back on the left column under the inbox. Is this the correct way in doing the transfer? It seemed to work for me...I have no clue if outlook 2010 .pst will work on 2019 though. Any help here with my task is greatly appreciated...

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jan 23, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

copy outlook settings, accounts, contacts etc from 2010 to 2016/2019

Hi folks
    Easy way to copy your whole kybosh from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016/2019 on another computer.

Simply using the export facility just copies the mail items - the reg method copies everything (except passwords which you will have to re-enter).

(On the same computer you don't need to do anything - just install Office 2016/2019 BEFORE uninstalling Office 2010 - then you can uninstall Office 2010 although Office 2010 and Office 2019 at least will both run (Outlook won't run concurrently though whereas EXCEL etc will).

Ms don't make this very user friendly though - and you will need to remember your passwords on your accounts. This also copies all the emails in entirety - IMAP no problem.

so
    1) Copy from documents Outlook files folder to external device
    2) on New computer install Office 2016/2019 but don't open OUTLOOK.
    3) Open one of the products say EXCEL, accept license agreement and activate the product.
    4) check for any updates and apply - also add any language packs if you use Outlook in different languages.
    5) folders can be translated to desired language if you run the following from Win+R command : outlook.exe /resetfolders.
    6) on OLD computer start REGEDIT and copy following file to external device

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

7) on new computer copy outlook files folder to documents

8) double click on the reg file you copied from the old computer

9) you'll be asked to enter the passwords for each of the accounts

10) job done --start outlook 2019 and all your accounts etc will be in place -- also avoids using those horrible simplified screens for manually setting up the accounts.

Note this method also works for copying profiles of 2016/2019 to new computer

In this case use registry file HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Profiles

If all else fails

don't uninstall Office 2010 on old computer -- install Office 2019 on old computer BUT DON'T activate on old computer -- just copy the reg file (the 2019 one) after installing Office 2019. If you still want to use the old computer uninstall Office 2019 again.

Now import that on to new computer

Again job done

Can't say if this works when transferring to Office 365 as I don't have it but I would assume that it does work though as people keep the same email accounts I assume.

Why Ms make this such a hideous palava to copy profiles / accounts etc to a new machine --- next question please !!!!

If totally hosed up - install both Outlook 2010 and 2019 on new computer -- copy the outlook 2010 profile to the new computer from the old one plus the outlook folder in documents.
    Don't activate office 2010. After copying the profile start up outlook 2019, enter passwords then unistall Office 2010.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook 2010/Win7 account Transfer to Office 2019/Win10 PC - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 Win7

2. Upgrade Office 2010 to Office 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Upgrade Office 2010 to Office 2019: I have a computer running Windows 10 and I want to upgrade my current Office 2010 to Office 2019. I believe you cannot just simply upgrade over the existing Office program and so I need to know the comprehensive detailed steps of getting Office 2019 installed, settings, data...
  3. Transfer microsoft office 2010

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer microsoft office 2010: I need to install my microsoft product to my new computer. The old computer has already been recycled. I have the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-microsoft-office-2010/73973454-3e79-49c7-adf6-db29dee24f9b
  4. Office 2010 Outlook Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Office 2010 Outlook Virus: I use Outlook in Office 2010. Address book recipients are receiving emails from me telling them to click on a printed link. I assume this is a virus. How do I get rid of it....
  5. win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search

win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search: hello, after upgrading from windows 7 to 10, it would seem like the search option doesnt work, ive rebuild the indexing file and search options still arent unavailable.. ive tried within outlook 2010 to upgrade to the latest vesion of search (in outlook options), it tells...
  6. win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search

in Windows 10 Support
    win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search: hello, after upgrading from windows 7 to 10, it would seem like the search option doesnt work, ive rebuild the indexing file and search options still arent unavailable.. ive tried within outlook 2010 to upgrade to the latest vesion of search (in outlook options), it tells...
  7. Office 365 and Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 and Outlook 2010: I recently purchased 365 Home for 1 user- multiple devices. When installed on first PC I was no longer able to open Outlook 2010. Dialog said unable to find data file. Contacted MS office support and a great tech helped me get outlook organized on 365 so I had all email...
  8. outlook in office 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook in office 2019: ik heb via mijn werkgever office 2019 kunnen aanschaffen en na installatie kan ik via outlook geen mails ontvangen verzenden. Ik ben verbonden met het internet want een oude mail kan ik openen. Ik werk met windows 10. Wat kan ik hieraan doen??? Alle hulp is welkom...
  9. Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10: Have moved pst files, templates, Outlook profile and exported customizations. Everything worked great except for my personal settings for Outlook! None of my personal settings i.e. layout settings, Outlook options, colors, fonts, etc were transferred. Am I missing...
  10. Office 2010 Migration - Outlook

Office 2010 Migration - Outlook: Whilst my office suite (2010) seems to have migrated well, has anyone had any issues with sending mail from Outlook. I have a exchange server account in Outlook which works fine, however I also have a BT Internet (Yahoo version) pop 3 account, which is set to the correct...