Windows 10: Outlook 2010

Discus and support Outlook 2010 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fincaman, Jul 27, 2019.

1. fincaman Win User

Outlook 2010

Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ?

:)

fincaman, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Lost Folder in Outlook 2010

I have never had such a problem so I probably cannot help you.

I assume that the list of datafiles is correct [In Outlook 2007 this is given in several places including File, Data file management] and that you have run ScanPST on each of the pst/ost files shown there.

Are there any references to the missing file in the ScanPST log [log settings are under Options in the ScanPST UI]?

In Outlook 2007, I can set the 'navigation pane' to 'Folder list' view so that I can manually look through every open file & folder to check their contents. If you can find it this way but not when searching then it would indicate a search problem rather than a pst file problem. I have not seen this but I'd run Office diagnostics [2007] & the Windows indexing troubleshooter if I did.
    - Apparently, Office diagnostics itself does not exist in Office 2010. I understand that, for Office 2010, you'd need to go to Control panel, Progs & features then right-click on the Office 2010 entry so you could select Repair.
    - I have also seen a suggestion that Office diagnostics might be in your Start menu but I don't know if that was correct or not.
    - The Windows indexing troubleshooter is at Settings, Updates, Troubleshoot, Search & indexing

Sorry I could not help,
    Best of luck,
    Denis

3. Outlook 2010 will not work

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Do you get any error message while opening Outlook 2010?

Outlook 2010 is the compatible with windows 10. I suggest you to repair the Outlook 2010 from control panel and check if it works fine.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Outlook 2010

Lost Folder in Outlook 2010

1 By 'navigation pane' I just meant the fairly narrow pane on the left-hand side of my Outlook window. It's the grey pane on the left in www.alphr.com/blogs/2009/11/19/microsoft-outlook-2010-screenshots - there should be a set of buttons at the bottom to select Folder list / Shortcuts / … Your comment "I have a folder list under the name of my pst" sounds like you have the folder list in front of you because that's how I would describe what it looks like.

2 Either in the Folder list or by looking in File, Data file management you can see which pst files you have open.

3 Perhaps you have set up auto-archiving to delete originals???? In my 2007 version this is set up in Outlook, Options, Other, AutoArchiving as well as individually for each folder in Folder list. I do not know where the settings are in Outlook 2010.

4 About "I have only run Scanpst on the pst file that shows the current date", I don't know what your other pst files are but you should be able to open each in turn to see if the missing file is in one of them. The only example I have of an older pst file is my Archive.pst file [I archive every 30 days but without deleting anything]. Every pst file that Outlook opens gets the current date-time set as its Date modified even if nothing gets written to it when it is open.

5 I mentioned search before. In Outlook 2007 search settings are in Outlook, Tools, Options, Preferences, Search options but it might have been moved in Outlook 2010. In Outlook 2016, they are in Outlook, …, Options, Search.

6 You could also try looking in
    www.slipstick.com
    www.msoutlook.info

Best of luck,
    Denis

Thema:

Outlook 2010

1. Outlook 2010 - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010

2. windows 10 Outlook 2010 index settings to find words in tasks and emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 Outlook 2010 index settings to find words in tasks and emails: Windows 10 v22H2 Build 19045.3693Outlook 2010I was searching for something and had many hits for documents. I then realised no tasks where appearing and the information I wanted turned out to be in a task. The indexing option for Outlook is selected. Is Search designed to...
  3. windows 10 Outlook 2010 index settings to find words in tasks and emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 Outlook 2010 index settings to find words in tasks and emails: Windows 10 v22H2 Build 19045.3693Outlook 2010I was searching for something and had many hits for documents. I then realised no tasks where appearing and the information I wanted turned out to be in a task. The indexing option for Outlook is selected. Is Search designed to...
  4. windows 10 Outlook 2010 index settings to find words in tasks and emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mails missing from Outlook 2010: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Windows 10 desktop with Office 2010 ! installed on it. I noticed yesterday that a groop of mails in the Inbox pane is missing. The missing group begins from October 12 to November 7.I tried System Restore' it did not help.Will appreciate if somebody...
  6. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mails missing from Outlook 2010: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Windows 10 desktop with Office 2010 ! installed on it. I noticed yesterday that a groop of mails in the Inbox pane is missing. The missing group begins from October 12 to November 7.I tried System Restore' it did not help.Will appreciate if somebody...
  7. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

8. Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10: Hello, Since upgraded to ‘10’, I do have some rare issues; Outlook 2010 did work fine on ‘Windows-7 Professional 32bit Eng’. However, I due to medical reason, I did have to upgrade to ‘10’. Using ‘Pro’ 64bit English. It did work fine, UNTILL ! ……......opening the ‘Options’ in...
  9. Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10

Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10: Hello, Since upgraded to ‘10’, I do have some rare issues; Outlook 2010 did work fine on ‘Windows-7 Professional 32bit Eng’. However, I due to medical reason, I did have to upgrade to ‘10’. Using ‘Pro’ 64bit English. It did work fine, UNTILL ! ……......opening the ‘Options’ in...
  10. Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails

Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails: I have a website at erbacce-press.co.uk and when I click on buttons to send emails the email that appears is named 'Microsoft Outlook 2010' but I am running Windows 10 pro... none of the emails at this out-of-date Outlook ever arrive? Can you help please?...