Windows 10: Outlook 2013 Keeps asking for password to log in to AOL

Discus and support Outlook 2013 Keeps asking for password to log in to AOL in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft Outlook 2013 keeps asking for the password to log in to AOL mail. I connect to AOL.COM using an IMAP connection. Now it keeps asking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonP81, Mar 30, 2019.

1. DonP81 Win User

Outlook 2013 Keeps asking for password to log in to AOL

Microsoft Outlook 2013 keeps asking for the password to log in to AOL mail. I connect to AOL.COM using an IMAP connection. Now it keeps asking for the password. It has done this repeatedly in the last 2 weeks. I have tried every suggestion I can find on the internet to cure the problem. The only way I can fix it (temporarily) is to delete the AOL account and rebuild it. This, of course, also deletes all the locally stored mail as well as my address book.

I have rebuilt the profile 3 or 4 times over the last 2 weeks and after I shut down the machine and re-start it, I again lose the ability to log in to AOL....it again continually asks for the password.

The Credentials Manager in the control panel does not mention Outlook anywhere.

I would appreciate any new suggestions on how to make it accept my password and log in. Or perhaps to get AOL to connect with a POP3 connection.
    Don

:)

DonP81, Mar 30, 2019
  2. Dude Win User

Outlook always asks for a password...

Jeff, try this

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mempson/a...rd-prompt.aspx

3. Wynona Win User
    Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

Andre, I can get as far as Account Settings, but not to Where you are. Here's what I see in Account Settings:

Outlook 2013 Keeps asking for password to log in to AOL [​IMG]

Wynona, Mar 30, 2019
  4. kensiko Win User

Outlook XP (2002) keeps asking for password

Hello,

we are slowly migrating to Windows 10 at work and there is an issue with Outlook 2002. First, the setup:
    - 1 Microsoft Exchange account for everyone. No issue here.
    - 1 GMail account with Pop3 setup. Keeps asking for password each time we start Outlook, but then doesn't ask again.

There was a fix on Windows 7, it was about the protected storage and it worked, but does not in Win10. You can find results in google:
    outlook keep asking for password windows 7 protected storage - Google Search

I didn't want to mess my registry before asking here. Any idea of what is the best solution?

kensiko, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Outlook 2013 Keeps asking for password to log in to AOL - Similar Threads - Outlook 2013 Keeps

2. Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords: Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013 version 15.0.5267.1000, works perfectly with Windows 10 Version 1909 18363.1016, but fails when upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004 19041.450. - - Repair does not resolve the problem. Adding the password is a cosmetic solution, Outlook...
  3. Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords: Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013 version 15.0.5267.1000, works perfectly with Windows 10 Version 1909 18363.1016, but fails when upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004 19041.450. - - Repair does not resolve the problem. Adding the password is a cosmetic solution, Outlook...
  4. Outlook keeps asking for password but accepts nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook keeps asking for password but accepts nothing: I just went thru the lengthy stream related to Outlook not being able to log into g-mail vis Subject. After hours of effort I finally got the two to talk to each other but now Outlook will not synchronize any of the folders so I STILL cannot download any of my mail from...
  5. Outlook 2013 on Surface constantly asking for password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2013 on Surface constantly asking for password: Outlook 2013 on my Surface is constantly asking for password entry then not connecting to server. Any ideas on a fix? Have already reset password...
  6. Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook 2013: I bought Outlook 2013 a few years ago downloaded from Microsoft. I have a new laptop. Can I download it onto the new computer too. I am not sure how many computers are allowed. It is a program, not Outlook.com...
  7. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...
  8. Outlook XP (2002) keeps asking for password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook XP (2002) keeps asking for password: Hello, we are slowly migrating to Windows 10 at work and there is an issue with Outlook 2002. First, the setup: - 1 Microsoft Exchange account for everyone. No issue here. - 1 GMail account with Pop3 setup. Keeps asking for password each time we start Outlook, but then...
  9. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Keeps Asking for Password: I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email accounts. After awhile it will accept the password, and everything will be fine until something breaks again and the process...
  10. Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013: Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when I click on the mini window, I only see the desktop. Very strange. Just began today. 43259

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2013 cant sign in with CAC it keeps asking for pin