Windows 10: Outlook 2013 - Linked Hotmail Accounts not downloading to app access

Discus and support Outlook 2013 - Linked Hotmail Accounts not downloading to app access in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Office Professional 2013 installed, and with that comes Outlook 2013 email as the prime account. I have one Gmail and two Hotmail email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sassofalco, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Outlook 2013 - Linked Hotmail Accounts not downloading to app access

I have Office Professional 2013 installed, and with that comes Outlook 2013 email as the prime account.

I have one Gmail and two Hotmail email accounts linked to the Outlook 2013 email account, and usually accessible via the Outlook Mail app.

However, since 02 July 2017, no Hotmail emails have been downloaded for viewing via the Outlook 2013 Mail app. There is no problem at all with the Gmail account emails.

Yet if I login to my Hotmail accounts to view them online, I can see and read emails that have arrived since 02 July 2017.

Snips related to this problem are attached.

Outlook 2013 - Linked Hotmail Accounts not downloading to app access [​IMG]

:)

sassofalco, Jul 6, 2017

2. New Phone - New windows account - sync with existing outlook

What version of Outlook is installed on your computer?

If you are using Outlook 2010 or an earlier version, you'll need to install the Outlook Hotmail Connector, which is an add-in to Outlook that enables the data that is stored on the desktop version of Outlook to sync with an online Outlook.com account. You
    can learn all about that and find a link you can use to install this addin by reading this article on my blog:

Using the Outlook Hotmail Connector

If you are using Outlook 2013 you don't need the add-in since the ability to sync to Outlook.com is built into the software. See this article to learn how:

Sync Outlook 2013 to a Microsoft Account

Julie fka profjulie, Jul 6, 2017
  3. Tasks do not Syncronisze over outlook.com

If you are using Outlook 2010 then you are also using the Outlook Hotmail Connector Addin to sync your Contacts and Appointment between Outlook 2010 and your Outlook.com account. Unfortunately the Outlook Hotmail Connector does not sync tasks.

If you upgrade to Outlook 2013, you won't use the Outlook Hotmail Connector Addin any more. Outlook 2013 incorporates a similar syncing functionality as the Outlook Hotmail Connector into it and includes Tasks in its syncing functionality. In Outlook 2013 you'll
    set up an account to sync Contacts, Appointments AND Tasks to your Outlook.com account.

Julie fka profjulie, Jul 6, 2017
  4. Outlook 2013 - Linked Hotmail Accounts not downloading to app access

Hi sassofalco.

You should have received several email from Microsoft advising you to re-install your Hotmail/Outlook/MSN/Live accounts.

https://view.email2.office.com/?qs=a...1ae3f613ca3ba6

Outlook.com=Hotmail.com=Msn.com=Live.com

This will make the accounts EAS (Exchange). If you were using POP on Hotmail this will result in a large change. One of these account may have also been your default, that will have to be reassigned and you will have to set the account to be used as default for data.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 6, 2017
  5. Hello Ken,

Thanks for getting back.

Unfortunately the sub-link included in yours here; " For detailed instructions and help on how to reconnect your account, please visit the official Microsoft support web site at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=837697." ...has the following display: " This link has expired. Please contact the sender of the email for more information.

A friend has recommended that I start from scratch by deleting both Hotmail accounts, and then reinstalling them. However, I'm not sure about this as I'm uncertain, first if it will solve the problem, and second, apparently there are two different methods to do this action, neither of which I know. I'm at a total loss.

You may have a favoured/best solution if the delete/reinstall action is the only option.

Cheers,
    Tony

sassofalco, Jul 7, 2017
  6. Actually your friend and I are saying the same thing. The instructions, can't understand why they would drop a link, are to remove account and then install. The most significant point in instructions was to let system do account set up.

Before you do though were you using POP or had you already moved on to the more modern IMAP / Exchange settings.

My point still stands on setting default email account and data file. Check to see what is being used for each item in your current setup.

Here is another working link on setup. Might want to read to see if you have any questions.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...ad=US&fromAR=1

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 7, 2017
  7. Additional notes;

1. Before attempting to do the fix, I disabled my Avast SecureLine VPN.

2. After deleting the problem Hotmail accounts, I did a restart of the laptop.

3. Once both Hotmail Accounts were reinstalled, I did another restart, opened Outlook 2013 and left the laptop to repopulate all folders and emails. Once that was done (it did take some time) I did a comparative check between the online web browser and offline email accounts just to confirm that Inbox content and folder setup was identical - confirmed also by download bar in Outlook 2013.

4. Then ran CCleaner as Administrator.

5. Reactivated Avast SecureLine VPN.

All done and dusted and working.

Thanks for your help Ken.

Tony

sassofalco, Jul 8, 2017
  8. Outlook 2013 - Linked Hotmail Accounts not downloading to app access

Glad the forum could help.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2013 - Linked Hotmail Accounts not downloading to app access

1. Outlook 2013 - Linked Hotmail Accounts not downloading to app access - Similar Threads - Outlook 2013 Linked

2. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I have a reconditioned Dell PC desktop purchased recently and works well and is much quicker than my old PC. But although i had all my files that I wanted transferred to the new PC I can no longer access my Outlook account I had both an Outlook and separate Hotmail account...
  3. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I have a reconditioned Dell PC desktop purchased recently and works well and is much quicker than my old PC. But although i had all my files that I wanted transferred to the new PC I can no longer access my Outlook account I had both an Outlook and separate Hotmail account...
  4. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I thought this might have been the result of a recent update, but it only affects one of my machines. Normally, I use Outlook without "signing in" to a Microsoft/ MS Office account. I independently, during account setup, set up my hotmail account. This was fine on both of my...
  6. Can't open links in Outlook 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open links in Outlook 2013: I followed some previous instructions on this topic, but no change. I didn't buy Office. Apparently, some of it came with Windows 10 or is part of my stand-alone Outlook 2013 that I purchased years ago. I was instructed to uninstall Office 15 and then reinstall....
  7. Can't open links in Outlook 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open links in Outlook 2013: Dear Sumit. I don't know what caused the problem, but since about 2 hours ago, I haven't been able to open any links in my email. I get the message that "Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing the action you requested". I've tried some of the...
  8. Outlook 2013 and email links...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 and email links...: This is my home system and I am admin on this PC; the standard user account that uses Outlook has no admin access... Clicking on a link in Outlook email pops up this window: [img] It's been going on for awhile, not sure when it started and got used of it, but its time...
  9. the link image are not displayed in outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    the link image are not displayed in outlook 2013: Hello, in outlook 2013 the linked images in a message are not displayed it shows instead x and the text. is anything i can do to fix this error 103019
  10. How to rename Hotmail account after reconnecting on Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    How to rename Hotmail account after reconnecting on Outlook 2013: Hello, By default, when adding hotmail accounts on Outlook using EAS, the account got added with FULL HOTMAIL NAME: L: xxx@hotmail.com. There was a process by which the left pane of Outlook showed any Name that user wanted. Now with reconnecting Hotmail account in...