Windows 10: Outlook 2013 now freezing up a lot, since last MS patch

Discus and support Outlook 2013 now freezing up a lot, since last MS patch in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Am I the only one who has this problem. Easy 4-5 times a day now, Outlook just freezes, goes grey, and I get an hourglass that never goes away. The... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by x509, Aug 26, 2020.

1. x509 Win User

Outlook 2013 now freezing up a lot, since last MS patch

Am I the only one who has this problem. Easy 4-5 times a day now, Outlook just freezes, goes grey, and I get an hourglass that never goes away. The only remedy I have so far is to force-quit Outlook using Task Manager and then to run scanpst. This is a time-wasting pain.

This problem seems to be the result of a recent MS patch for O 2013.

:)

2. Office 2013 patch KB 3114717 freezes 32-bit Word 2013 on Win 7,8.1,10

Office 2013 patch KB 3114717 freezes 32-bit Word 2013 on Win 7, 8.1, 10
    There are reports of the patch causing similar lockup problems with Excel 2013 and Outlook 2013

Read more: http://www.infoworld.com/article/303...n-7-81-10.html

Update:

Cluster Head, Aug 26, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    Outlook 2013 freezing

Hi I run two computers one a pc and one a laptop both running windows 10 with the latest updates so both on the same version. I also use office 2013 (32 bit)on both computes

My problem is if I launch outlook 2013 (Part of the office 2013) on the pc it runs just fine but on the laptop when I start outlook 9 times out of 10 it freezes after just after it starts.

When I took in task manager it says outlook is suspended

As far as I know they both run the same add-ons I have searched the web with no real solution.

Help please

sam02, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Wynona Win User

Outlook 2013 freezing

Another WAG . . . With Office 2010 and prior, you could have a copy on your desktop and a copy on your laptop; however, with Office 2013, Microsoft took away the second installation; you can only have it on one computer.

IOW, you need a license key for each one. As I said, just a WAGuess.

I've gotten to the point that I don't even want to use Outlook because it keeps causing problems while the other apps do what they're supposed to do.

Wynona, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook 2013 now freezing up a lot, since last MS patch - Similar Threads - Outlook 2013 freezing

2. Outlook 2013 will not send or receive emails from yahoo.com since the last Outlook update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2013 will not send or receive emails from yahoo.com since the last Outlook update: Since the June/July Outlook update, I cannot Receive or Send emails from my Yahoo.com account. I have checked all the top level settings, however the last time this occured 9 months ago, the Microsoft agent reset some of the settings on a page I do not recognize or know how...
  3. A replacement or a fix to MS Office Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    A replacement or a fix to MS Office Outlook 2013: The laptop I use for work has an MS Office 2013 Professional , where I used to rely heavily on MS Outlook as my email app of choice , around late 2018 and all gmail accounts I store in outlook keep failing to log and on loading them in a web browser they do tend to hint they...
  4. Freezes since last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezes since last update: I updated to the last update and when i turn on the computer in the first time my mouse freezes when move it and the sound has microshutering. If i tried to restart the computer not restart, stays on the screen restarting... I force the power off and in the second post, the...
  5. Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook 2013: I bought Outlook 2013 a few years ago downloaded from Microsoft. I have a new laptop. Can I download it onto the new computer too. I am not sure how many computers are allowed. It is a program, not Outlook.com...
  6. Windows freezing since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezing since last update: Ever since my last update, my screen freezes and allows no action either by mouse or keyboard. Letting it sit does not work. I have had to re-start to get out of the screen. This happens across the board, not just in a browser. Do I just wait for the next update to "correct"...
  7. Outlook 2013 freezing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 freezing: Hi I run two computers one a pc and one a laptop both running windows 10 with the latest updates so both on the same version. I also use office 2013 (32 bit)on both computes My problem is if I launch outlook 2013 (Part of the office 2013) on the pc it runs just fine but on...
  8. SENT ITEMS IN EXCHANGE SERVER AND MS OUTLOOK 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    SENT ITEMS IN EXCHANGE SERVER AND MS OUTLOOK 2013: We have an exchange server in our organisation and MS outlook 2013 in the office PCs are configured with this server. Unless the outlook in the PC is opened, the emails are viewable directly from the exchange server through web user interface. After opening the outlook in...
  9. Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013: Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when I click on the mini window, I only see the desktop. Very strange. Just began today. 43259
  10. Office 2013 patch KB 3114717 freezes 32-bit Word 2013 on Win 7,8.1,10

in Windows 10 News
    Office 2013 patch KB 3114717 freezes 32-bit Word 2013 on Win 7,8.1,10: Office 2013 patch KB 3114717 freezes 32-bit Word 2013 on Win 7, 8.1, 10 There are reports of the patch causing similar lockup problems with Excel 2013 and Outlook 2013 February's Patch Tuesday continues its tempestuous ways. Now there's word that one of the optional...