Windows 10: Outlook 2013 + POP3 email account backup/sync

Discus and support Outlook 2013 + POP3 email account backup/sync in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, I have a POP3 email account on an old computer with Windows 7 and Outlook 2013. There are about 2000 emails on the inbox, 2000 emails in the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mibaup, Nov 18, 2020.

1. mibaup Win User

Outlook 2013 + POP3 email account backup/sync

Hello,

I have a POP3 email account on an old computer with Windows 7 and Outlook 2013. There are about 2000 emails on the inbox, 2000 emails in the deleted items folder and 100 drafts. Now I have a new computer with Windows 10 in the office where I want to backup all the emails from previous years to show up there.

I was thinking about using the export to pst file option in Outlook 2013, but on Microsoft official documents about this they say that it does not backup everything. So what is my best option to copy all these 4000(~) emails to the newer computer?

The result should be that I see all the old emails in the new computer's Outlook and also the new emails

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Nov 18, 2020
  2. sddjd Win User

POP3 email account with Outlook & Outlook Connector - Process?

Looking for some guidance/suggestions on procedure.

Scenario:

• ISP-provided, LONG established pop email account
    • Outlook used w/personal folders for contacts, email, calendar
    • Large archives (folders) of saved email (home biz related)

So, there are several questions I have about the "right" way to go about integrating these different aspects (as right as we can be since MS dumped Outlook sync that is...).

Contacts - simple enough to move them over to the Live account's contacts folder and to make only that folder visible as the address book. However, how does one make the Live contacts folder the default location
    targeted if one clicks on an email's sender and chooses "add to Outlook contacts"? Experimentation shows that this still ends up in the .pst's contacts folder. Any way to change this?

Email - First, it is NOT possible to abandon the pop3 account in favor of the .live.com address created. What is the most efficient way to interweave the pop3 mail with the Live inbox folder that's synced with
    the phone? My thoughts are to keep the various saved email folders in the pst and to check the pop3 account using the Live inbox. I know it's possible via the Live mail web interface to add a pop3 account, but how does Live handle pop3 messages in terms
    of leaving them on the server, sending from the pop3 account, etc? Would it be simpler to set up the email account as a separate pop3 account on the phone, leaving the Live sync in charge of contacts and calendar? Finally, if a pop3 account is set up on
    the phone how does it handle messages in terms of deleted on phone, deleted on server, etc?

Any options I'm not thinking of? The fly in the ointment (again, aside from lack of Outlook support) is the absolute necessity of keeping the pop3 address. I'm hoping there's a relatively seamless way to make this email account function.

Thanks for any tips/steps suggested!

sddjd, Nov 18, 2020
  3. sk2000 Win User
    Sync pop3 email account with Outlook

The problem stems from the fact that I no longer have access to my original pop3 account, but need to archive and print the pop3 emails on my Treo 700w. I'd like to sync my pop3 emails on my Treo 700w with Outlook 2003 on my laptop. Alternatively, is there
    a way to transfer pop3 emails (inbox and sent files) to a new Outlook Mobile account and then sync with the laptop based Outlook 2003?

sk2000, Nov 18, 2020
  4. AjayK47 Win User

Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts

I use Outlook 2016 for all my email requirements.

One BTinternet.com email address
    One Outlook.com email address

Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP3.

Wanted to change the Outlook.com to IMAP with my understanding being that this would then sync both ways with the web-mail for Outlook.com.

Deleted the old POP3 account settings for the Outlook.com email address and then went through the process of setting up again using the automatic configuration rather than the "manually configure" thinking this would automatically use IMAP. (Left settings unchanged for the POP3 BTinternet.com email address).

To my surprise the Outlook.com email address was not setup as an IMAP but as an Exchange Server.

Initially thought this would be ok as this would also sync both ways with web-mail. Soon discovered however that any email coming in to my still remaining BTinternet POP3 email address was also arriving into the Outlook.com Inbox.

Why is this happening and what do I have to do to still keep the POP3 email separate from the Exchange Server email each using their own Inbox? (Both Inbox's are listed in the left hand panel of Outlook 2016).

Any help much appreciated.

AjayK47, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Outlook 2013 + POP3 email account backup/sync - Similar Threads - Outlook 2013 POP3

2. Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords: Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013 version 15.0.5267.1000, works perfectly with Windows 10 Version 1909 18363.1016, but fails when upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004 19041.450. - - Repair does not resolve the problem. Adding the password is a cosmetic solution, Outlook...
  3. Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords: Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013 version 15.0.5267.1000, works perfectly with Windows 10 Version 1909 18363.1016, but fails when upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004 19041.450. - - Repair does not resolve the problem. Adding the password is a cosmetic solution, Outlook...
  4. pop3 email on Windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    pop3 email on Windows10: I tried all settings on Windows 10 mail to add a POP3 email account on windows 10 mail. The email account works fine on windows 7 live mail. Does anyone have a solution to POP3 email account settings other than the standard published Microsoft settings?...
  5. POP3 email password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    POP3 email password: I have two POP3 emails from a local provider. I have Windows 10. One email works properly but Mail keeps changing the password on the second email. To get mail, I have to delete and then re-install the second email, mail arrives, then Mail changes the password again. Why?...
  6. Outlook 2013 and email links...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 and email links...: This is my home system and I am admin on this PC; the standard user account that uses Outlook has no admin access... Clicking on a link in Outlook email pops up this window: [img] It's been going on for awhile, not sure when it started and got used of it, but its time...
  7. Problem adding a POP3 email account

in Browsers and Email
    Problem adding a POP3 email account: I have just upgraded to Windows 10 but the mail tile won't allow me to add my usual POP3 email account. I have entered all details correctly as in Outlook Express, but it won't sync and then gives me an error code. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 15063
  8. Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts: I use Outlook 2016 for all my email requirements. One BTinternet.com email address One Outlook.com email address Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP3. Wanted to change the Outlook.com to IMAP with my...
  9. Outlook 2013 repeatedly prompts for email account credentials

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 repeatedly prompts for email account credentials: I use Outlook 2013 for four different email accounts - two hotmail. com accounts, one outlook.com account, and one sbcglobal.net POP account provided by AT&T via Yahoo. Beginning a week or so ago, I've started getting password prompts throughout the day for the...
  10. Ocassional Outlook 2013 sync problems

in Browsers and Email
    Ocassional Outlook 2013 sync problems: I seem to have problems occasionally ( usually when I restart outlook after system goes to sleep ) of getting the sync error message . I have to restart outlook and it will work fine again. I am using windows 10 ( recently upgraded from Windows 8.1) . I think I don't have the...