Windows 10: Outlook 2013 won't send email. Thunderbird does. Both have same SMTP.

Discus and support Outlook 2013 won't send email. Thunderbird does. Both have same SMTP. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Outlook 2013 won't send email. Thunderbird does. Both have same SMTP. Any ideas? 11790 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fjk61011, Aug 1, 2015.

1. fjk61011 Win User

Outlook 2013 won't send email. Thunderbird does. Both have same SMTP.

Any ideas?

:)

fjk61011, Aug 1, 2015
  2. D J K Win User

Outlook 2013 & Windows 10 - Why won't Outlook 2013 send emails following Windows 10 upgrade

A number of people are asking why Outlook 2013 won't send emails following the Windows 10 upgrade.

Apparently Outlook 2013 will receive emails following the upgrade but it is not possible to send emails!

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Thanks

D J K, Aug 1, 2015
  3. N80 SMTP No PLAIN AUTH, just CRAM-MD5

Hi all,

Sometimes I use my N80 (FW 5.0719.0.2) to retrieve Emails via POP3/Wlan. And seldom to send Emails via SMTP.

Lately I needed to send an Email and it just did not work. Although it has worked b4. The only thing that has changed, is the firmware, which was 4.0707.0.7

I have verified the settings to send Emails, they are correct (like password/username/servername).

To get a deeper insight of why the Email won't be send, I did a tcp dump on my router, while Thunderbird sent an email and while my N80 tried to send an email.

Basically it boils down to this:

Thunderbird connects to the smtp-server, the server tells what authentication method it supports, Thunderbird tries CRAM-MD5, that method fails, Thunderbird does a fall back to PLAIN, authentication successful, message is sent. Done.

N80 connects to the smtp-server, server tells what authentication method it supports, N80 tries CRAM-MD5, that method fails, N80 sends reset command and tries to deliver the email without valid authentication, message gets rejected.

Searching the net without any hint of somebody else having the same problem, it seems I am the only one, am I?

Kind regards.
    Message Edited by on 28-Aug-200711:32 AM

videoschabe, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Outlook 2013 won't send email. Thunderbird does. Both have same SMTP.

nigelmercier, Aug 1, 2015
  5. fjk61011 Win User
  6. fjk61011 Win User
    Thank you, O Great One.

It worked.

Francis

fjk61011, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2013 won't send email. Thunderbird does. Both have same SMTP. - Similar Threads - Outlook 2013 won't

2. smtp relay is not sending emails internally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smtp relay is not sending emails internally: Dear Team,Emails are triggered from our Application HP Process Automation 7.5. The SMTP server address configured in the application as localhost. We have SMTP Relay configured under Windows Server 2012 R2 under IIS. Mails triggered by the application is able to send mails to...
  3. smtp relay is not sending emails internally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    smtp relay is not sending emails internally: Dear Team,Emails are triggered from our Application HP Process Automation 7.5. The SMTP server address configured in the application as localhost. We have SMTP Relay configured under Windows Server 2012 R2 under IIS. Mails triggered by the application is able to send mails to...
  4. send to not opening an email in Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    send to not opening an email in Thunderbird: On 3/1/2019 the right click send to mail stopped working, for pictures and for pdf documents. I am using Windows 10 and Thunderbird. At one point I got an error message that another program was using my mail. Restarting produced the same error....
  5. Cannot send smtp emails from Mail app or Outlook(error 0x8009030f)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send smtp emails from Mail app or Outlook(error 0x8009030f): Hello, I have a problem with using the Mail app and Outlook 2019 I can receive emails but can't send them. The error I get is 0x8009030f And after I press send, I get this message to my inbox: "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder....
  6. Outlook 2013 can't send email, can receive/reply

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 can't send email, can receive/reply: I wanted to start to using outlook 2013 for some email with the idea of possibly transitioning to it as my day to day email, rather than my Yahoo web mail account from my ISP. I have MS Office 2013 Pro Plus through my employer, it was a very good deal at the time, only $10, I...
  7. Outlook 2013 and email links...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 and email links...: This is my home system and I am admin on this PC; the standard user account that uses Outlook has no admin access... Clicking on a link in Outlook email pops up this window: [img] It's been going on for awhile, not sure when it started and got used of it, but its time...
  8. Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending: Hi All, Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013. It was fine in Win 8.1. My email settings are IMAP Outgoing server requires authentication - is ticked Incoming = 993 with SSL Outgoing = 587 with TLS...
  9. Does Outlook 2013 automatically send delivery receipts?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Outlook 2013 automatically send delivery receipts?: Hello I appear to be getting a lot of spam email at the moment despite the best efforts of SpamBayes and Outlook 2013's own filters. I have disabled options for the automatic sending of read receipts should they be requested but what about delivery receipts? Does anyone...
  10. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

in Browsers and Email
    OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails: I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method....